Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: hot cocoa on the couch)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lol Sony introduced their Switch competitor which is a PS5 controller cut in half and glued to a tablet that isn’t actually portable because it just streams from your PS5, which would be ok I guess except it has to be be on the same WiFi network as the PS5 so useless lmao. A rare epic fail from Sony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Can’t you already do that with your phone or tablet and a controller?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Dick Fontaine posted:

Lol yes

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Playstation is for stinkers but I am a fan of the PS4 controller it's what I use on my PC when I play ULTIMATE CHICKEN HORSE and PLATEUP my two top games of the last decade

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

lol at playing anything other than obscure dwarf fortress clones where you get to be skeletons

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Dick Fontaine posted:

Those don’t have ~haptics~ baby.

https://twitter.com/spookysquid/status/1661492785197862913?s=46&t=uIYXo6D1VLDVORZacaJ4eQ

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
probably should be focusing on work but I'm getting stoned and streaming murder she wrote to friends

I have a meeting in like two hours and haha, well, we'll see

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Lol Sony introduced their Switch competitor which is a PS5 controller cut in half and glued to a tablet that isn’t actually portable because it just streams from your PS5, which would be ok I guess except it has to be be on the same WiFi network as the PS5 so useless lmao. A rare epic fail from Sony.

bet you could fake it with a vpn

but also: lmao what the gently caress are they thinking

I used to get the sony console each cycle but didn't even bother with the ps5, what is the point when I have a PC

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Code Jockey posted:

probably should be focusing on work but I'm getting stoned and streaming murder she wrote to friends

I have a meeting in like two hours and haha, well, we'll see

What episode of murder she wrote

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Pennywise the Frown posted:

None of it. I haven't even played it yet.

I generally never get any DLC's for any game. :shrug:

the first one adds a career mode, new biomes and fixes a bunch of stuff they botched at launch like AI and makes it a more or less complete game. The second one adds a linear campaign that you encounter within the story and career modes, more mecs, more biomes, etc. The other two both add more mechs and another linear campaign you encounter in story or career mode. Also if you are on PC mods don't work unless you have all of them.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

A rare epic fail from Sony.

Yea right :jerkbag:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

AARD VARKMAN posted:

What episode of murder she wrote

it was the episode where jessica becomes a VR game lmao

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Code Jockey posted:

I used to get the sony console each cycle but didn't even bother with the ps5, what is the point when I have a PC

This is essentially what I thought after the Sega Genesis.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

MrQwerty posted:

the first one adds a career mode, new biomes and fixes a bunch of stuff they botched at launch like AI and makes it a more or less complete game. The second one adds a linear campaign that you encounter within the story and career modes, more mecs, more biomes, etc. The other two both add more mechs and another linear campaign you encounter in story or career mode. Also if you are on PC mods don't work unless you have all of them.

Well poo poo.

Are you sure about that last part because that seems very wrong? I was hoping it had a campaign but I didn't read much into the game because it was on sale.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Well poo poo.

Are you sure about that last part because that seems very wrong? I was hoping it had a campaign but I didn't read much into the game because it was on sale.

yeah, the mods are made for the most up-to-date version of the game. Some of them may work-ish, but they're gonna be broken as poo poo, and the big ones are just going to flat out not work without all 4. Freeform campaign mode is a feature of the first DLC, which is very stupid that it didn't come with the goddamn game, but Piranha are an incompetent company.

Just stuff to consider if you end up liking it enough to want to play it a lot.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 26, 2023

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
hail & lightning time here :whitewater:

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
three day weekend and i still get paid for monday too. hell yeah. my job kicks rear end for that one

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Sippin Whiskey and planning my trip to Japan

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Code Jockey posted:

bet you could fake it with a vpn

but also: lmao what the gently caress are they thinking

my wife and I have a ps5, two switches, a steamdeck and a gaming PC so we can always play games together / never have to be squabbling over using any particular system and we STILL wound up doing so because one of the switches is a lite and I don't want to play smash on the lite and she doesn't want to play totk on the lite :hotpickle:

this is what we get for not pirating and emulating all our nintendo games on the steamdeck tbh

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Gatts posted:

Sippin Whiskey and planning my trip to Japan

:cheers: where you lookin to go, what you lookin to do. also hoping to get out there in either autumn or next spring

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

:cheers: where you lookin to go, what you lookin to do. also hoping to get out there in either autumn or next spring

Going to Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka. Basic trip. In the morning plan to get most of the touristy stuff out of of the way, will visit Mt. Fuji and Nara, take a bullet train, etc. Main thing I'm figuring out is which restaurants I wanna go to and what I want to do at night. I want to visit Bar Ben Fiddich which is close to my hotel, maybe some clubs like some fascination out of the movies, Spa World, etc. I will miss Sumo which is unfortunate and won't be able to fit in Mt. Koya.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Gatts posted:

Going to Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka. Basic trip. In the morning plan to get most of the touristy stuff out of of the way, will visit Mt. Fuji and Nara, take a bullet train, etc. Main thing I'm figuring out is which restaurants I wanna go to and what I want to do at night. I want to visit Bar Ben Fiddich which is close to my hotel, maybe some clubs like some fascination out of the movies, Spa World, etc. I will miss Sumo which is unfortunate and won't be able to fit in Mt. Koya.

The birthplace of anime.....

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

going camping

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Smugworth posted:

The birthplace of anime.....

Perhaps I shalt bring back a pillow waifu, I hear it's all the rage

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Gatts posted:

snap, exact same three cities i'm lookin at, lol. still undecided on duration at each

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

People say vacation crews aren’t real, and yet…

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Opening day :bandwagon:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

snap, exact same three cities i'm lookin at, lol. still undecided on duration at each

I'll be doing something like 5 nights Tokyo, 3 nights Osaka, 3 nights Kyoto. There's still stuff to plan like getting a Rail Passes and some such so I can take subways. I'm almost a "gently caress it, I'll take a taxi" type but it'll get pricy.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Have a great trip everyone who's leaving!

Yard improvement crew check in!

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

:cheers:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

satanic splash-back posted:

:cheers:

spent all day working on the yard and/or walking the dogs

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i'm painting miniatures

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Epitope posted:

Opening day :bandwagon:
that was last weekend in :canada:

i got a whole bunch of good food to cook on the grill and im going to be camping for 3 nights so i think ill need uhhhhh 48 beers

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i'm painting miniatures

spent a lot of time as a kid doing this. i had tons of the lead grenadier and ral partha figures and i went out and bought old wooden printing trays that i hung on my bedroom wall to display them.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I had to mow today when I got home. It was bad lol. I let it get knee high and my mower was bogging down something fierce. And I had to clean the carburetor out and didn't put gloves on first so I got gasoline in a cut on one of my fingats lol

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I cut the grass so the weeds don't look so lovely for my bbq tomorrow night

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

rear end-penny posted:

I had to mow today when I got home. It was bad lol. I let it get knee high and my mower was bogging down something fierce. And I had to clean the carburetor out and didn't put gloves on first so I got gasoline in a cut on one of my fingats lol

I got my first notice from the city last year for having an unkempt lawn. Nowhere near knee high of course. I've seen WAY worse in the city so maybe a neighbor complained, but every neighbor I actually know is cool as poo poo. Although the newest neighbors had a Tim MicheI's sign in their window this last election which is very disconcerting. I also spent thousands on re-landscaping because the old stuff that was here when I bought the place was getting way out of hand.

My point is I just got a lawn service. When my dad died last month an old friend contacted me and I remembered he had a lawn service so I hired them. The guy just came over today and was in and out in 30 minutes. Also got my nephew a job working with him. He started Monday and he likes it. :)

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Peggy Edson posted:

You're welcome

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Peggy Edson posted:

Hell yeah bbq is great. We're doing a campfire type grill out with burgers and dogs, because we're a burgers and dogs family.

I wonder if it's a regional divide or something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Got an oil change, emissions test, renewed my registration for 2 years and now I'm eating an enchirito