Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Melzter says the plan is for Rhodes vs Reigns 2 at Wrestlemania.

I enjoy long term storytelling so that’d be cool, but that’s pretty drat long even for the bygone era. I’m not sure any TV wrestling has had a story go so long before.

Overall I am enjoying the shows more than other wrestling out there at the moment. I can’t imagine Cody beats Lesnar but I can see him winning the decisive match of the feud at Summerslam. I’m just glad Cody seems to be doing what he wants because my favorite type of wrestling is Cody Rhodes style feuds and matches and when he left AEW I lost a lot of interest in that promotion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

They truly cannot let anything be organic even now, huh. clown car company

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I enjoy long term storytelling so that’d be cool, but that’s pretty drat long even for the bygone era. I’m not sure any TV wrestling has had a story go so long before.

Overall I am enjoying the shows more than other wrestling out there at the moment. I can’t imagine Cody beats Lesnar but I can see him winning the decisive match of the feud at Summerslam. I’m just glad Cody seems to be doing what he wants because my favorite type of wrestling is Cody Rhodes style feuds and matches and when he left AEW I lost a lot of interest in that promotion.

I'm with you on all of this except for the part where it actually feels like Cody booking. Everything WWE has done with him feels like the same insane poo poo as when he was stardust. He pitches one of his crazy ideas, they go "oh yeah that's great Cody but let's change one thing" and it turns into dogshit. It feels like a public humiliation and he hasn't clued into how dumb they make him look yet.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm with you on all of this except for the part where it actually feels like Cody booking. Everything WWE has done with him feels like the same insane poo poo as when he was stardust. He pitches one of his crazy ideas, they go "oh yeah that's great Cody but let's change one thing" and it turns into dogshit. It feels like a public humiliation and he hasn't clued into how dumb they make him look yet.

I’d definitely prefer AEW Cody working totally nuts matches with completely unpredictable promos but i’m as invested as Cody is with him winning the title his dad never did, and I’m willing to put up with the humiliation stuff to get there if they have to do that. WWE is a heel company where the good guys always lose eventually.

I’d love to see him fulfill his desires for WWE and return to AEW for his last couple of main event runs.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Eat My Fuc posted:

We got 11 months till next year's mania. Plenty of time for Vince to change his mind 23 times or Cody to break another titty.

If they really stick to it, I'll be interested seeing how they eventually get there (mainly for the comedy of it all) cause poo poo, a year more build to a rematch he lost is going to be so repetitive.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

What's the long term story here? I lost, I'll try again next year? Not exactly AEW calibre is it?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Last year, the guy that was ejected for interference came back and interfered and I lost, but this year....maybe that won't happen!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

He'll have to come up with a new way to pwn -1 on the largest possible platform

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Eat My Fuc posted:

Hangman's journey to winning Big Plat was 2 years

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
https://twitter.com/TheBrandiRhodes/status/1662157220669169664?t=k8BTpfsoIq1AcEDGnKpvWA&s=19

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Kick the brass football

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
It's true, if he was still in AEW he wouldn't be able to carry water for one of the world's vilest regimes 🤩🤩🤩

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
She's going for the Reby Hardy honorary Twitter award this year

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’d definitely prefer AEW Cody working totally nuts matches with completely unpredictable promos but i’m as invested as Cody is with him winning the title his dad never did, and I’m willing to put up with the humiliation stuff to get there if they have to do that. WWE is a heel company where the good guys always lose eventually.

I’d love to see him fulfill his desires for WWE and return to AEW for his last couple of main event runs.

Winning the title Dusty never won would be cool if that's what he was actually doing. I love Cody but seeing him get covered in poo poo is just sad, not good wrasslin

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Barry Bluejeans posted:

It's true, if he was still in AEW he wouldn't be able to carry water for one of the world's vilest regimes 🤩🤩🤩

People need to get over him being a patriot. Nothing wrong with loving America

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The person who was a huge part of Cody getting run out of AEW thinks Cody is better off having left AEW, I'm shocked.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

ADRENALINE
IN MY SOUL
HERE IN JEDDAH
HEADS WILL ROLL

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
dunno how you tell a better wrestlemania moment than Cody coming back from a broken tiddy to win the Rumble and win the strap at mania but i have faith in the Codester

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

MJeff posted:

The person who was a huge part of Cody getting run out of AEW thinks Cody is better off having left AEW, I'm shocked.

I wasn't aware of this part of the lore. Why do we dislike the w*man, what are her crimes

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
There’s nothing wrong with Brandi, she just has a incredibly bad nose for wrestling angles

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

yikes

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Scoops is right the Hangman story was pretty long, it had it’s stopping and starting too and Hangman looking like a dork sometimes but man what a win, great moment and i’m not Hangin’ and Bangin’ like most of ya’ll.

Him destroying Punk’s life and creating the second major long term storyline…Hangman really is the protagonist of AEW.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

How come WWE haven’t utilized her brilliance yet?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JUNGLE BOY posted:

How come WWE haven’t utilized her brilliance yet?

There's no way she didn't pitch "WHO THE HELL TOLD YOU THIS WAS OPEN MIC NIGHT, YOU WALRUS."

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rubby:

bartok
May 10, 2006

I thought it was pretty impressive that Brandi got the crowd to cheer Dan Lambert.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

People liked the cooking show, I think? Idk I'm largely brandi-apathetic

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Rarity posted:

Hangman's journey to winning Big Plat was 2 years

Yeah but in between Jericho winning the initial title match and Full Gear 2021, Hangman had an actual narrative journey (tag titles, drinking, trying to leave the Elite, betraying the Bucks, losing the belts, reluctant Dark Order camaraderie, then the proper build to Full Gear with a revitalized Hangman), and a lot of key wrestlers were organically involved as different feuds/friendships rose and fell.

Cody re-debuted at WM 2022, wants to win what Dusty didn't, tore titty, out til the Rumble, #30 entrant defeating the #1 entrant to earn the shot, wants to win what Dusty didn't, is an awkward "next challenger" during peak Sami story, rubber chicken hits him in front of Jon Huber's wife and child, Lesnar beat him and beat him and beat him and..., loses early match in the new belt tourney, wins versus Lesnar and scampers off, "there's so much going on in th-" Lesnar beat him and beat him and..., and now they're already cribbing from last year's underdog injured story beat and diminishing the (actually really good) value of that HIAC purple pec moment. And then what? Roman occasionally defends in matches we know he won't lose, while Cody bounces between Lesnar, Rollins, maybe Gunther (good pairing for quality wrestling but story-wise it's a detour to kill time), and finally he wins the Rumble again?

I know we all know this, just wanted to type it out to see the two side by side.

Edit: Also wanted to say that I like Cody and hope he and the Rhodes family do receive a well-earned strong push and quality story in the lead-up to a championship win. So this isn't me baiting EMF, but me just shaking my head at the WWE writers and Vince.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

That WWE doesn’t see the value of Brandi getting involved in Cody matches shows me they don’t “get” Cody and they’re still on the Roman train. They’re not letting the chef cook

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It remains the absolutely loving funniest thing that Cody let Brodie Lee's kid sit there without smartening him or his mom up.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

People liked the cooking show, I think? Idk I'm largely brandi-apathetic

Weirdly enough Brandi was the least interesting thing about Shot of Brandi

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

MJeff posted:

It remains the absolutely loving funniest thing that Cody let Brodie Lee's kid sit there without smartening him or his mom up.

Its peak Cody. If he had revealed to -1 that he had brought him there to own him, he might have lost clout.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MJeff posted:

Does anyone actually know that's true?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

The alternative is that Amanda Huber was working when she said that was the wrong finish, which makes no sense.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

flashy_mcflash posted:

The alternative is that Amanda Huber was working when she said that was the wrong finish, which makes no sense.

That sounds exactly like a Cody bit, tho.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I wonder how much extra HHH offered Cody to bring the Hubers in for pwning...

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

lol wow Brandi throwing shade. I need posting Tony.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

A worker working makes more sense than the alternative.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Someone post that clip from the mania preshow, where Cody looks devastated and Brandy has been crying. You can tell they had just been told that the finish has been changed and Roman is going over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

It in no way benefits Brodie's wife who was never on camera there before and never will be on camera there again to lie on a Twitter post their fans will never see referenced for an imaginary angle in a company she's not paid by. for starters