Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

MuadDib Atreides posted:

Looks that I will have to read the fine print more carefully before my next cop. Definitely will need bluetooth enabled. Anyone have a line on a bluetooth gaming mouse with lots of buttons that works with mac?

What are you looking for when you say "gaming"? If you want low latency and precision, you won't find it with Bluetooth. You'll also struggle to find more than two thumb buttons if it's not a gaming mouse, which again will not be Bluetooth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Rexxed posted:

The gaming mice use G HUB instead of logitech control. It's got a mac version:
https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/innovation/g-hub.html

Obligatory "Macs have games now?"

Interesting. Copped a Corsair iron claw that should be coming in shortly and I will do the return juggling

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

isndl posted:

What are you looking for when you say "gaming"? If you want low latency and precision, you won't find it with Bluetooth. You'll also struggle to find more than two thumb buttons if it's not a gaming mouse, which again will not be Bluetooth.

Sick RGB op

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I love the apple mouse for apple stuff to the point that I’ve avoided getting an ergonomic mouse to match my ergodox because I use the poo poo out of the gestures, and that mouse is tiny as hell for me

I would love one the size of an iPhone Mini and an arch of some sort, but that’ll never happen so I make due

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Oh my god why did I only just think to google this

https://solumics.com/products/solumics-case-the-ergonomic-upgrade-for-your-imac-mouse

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Now I wonder if ergonomic homebrews like the ergodox but mouse version exist so I could have a vertical mouse moulded at a like 45° and with buttons I could program to send max trackpad gestures

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Brazilian Butt Lifts may be going out of style for women, but that doesn't mean they aren't coming in hot for mice.

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Copped the Corsair ironclaw. Is this thing going to need some turd software running in the background like icue to use the buttons?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

€115 down and you too can have a mouse that looks like one of those truck bed campers

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

My G502x Lightspeed lasted 30 days before the battery hit 20% just lol if you use a corded mouse in 2023

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

Josh Lyman posted:

My G502x Lightspeed lasted 30 days before the battery hit 20% just lol if you use a corded mouse in 2023

Is that supposed to be impressive? Logitech reckons the Lift will last 2 years. Maybe the polling rate and resolution is massively greater on the g502x. I would consider plugging a mouse in every month an extra chore

I'd rather have a mouse with a standard aa cell too, to be completely honest. I have a load of eneloops. No charging cable necessary. There are also those that want the lightest mouse possible - wired is always going to win there

HalloKitty fucked around with this message at 10:40 on May 26, 2023

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

wired lightweight mice come with the caveat that the weight and drag of the cable becomes very noticeable relative to the low weight of the mouse itself

the m2k is just 24g but practically nobody uses it even competitively where price is no object, because the cable is so obnoxious at that point

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yeah plugging my mouse in before I go to bed once a month is a gigantic hassle, a cord on my mouse all the time is so much easier

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

HalloKitty posted:

Is that supposed to be impressive? Logitech reckons the Lift will last 2 years. Maybe the polling rate and resolution is massively greater on the g502x.

They are

I have my Corsair Sabre Pro Wireless set to 2000Hz polling rate and I need to charge it like once every week or two (even with all of the RGB turned off)

You should be able to configure it once in iCue and save your button settings to onboard memory

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

MuadDib Atreides posted:

Copped the Corsair ironclaw. Is this thing going to need some turd software running in the background like icue to use the buttons?

Any clues?

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

change my name posted:

They are

I have my Corsair Sabre Pro Wireless set to 2000Hz polling rate and I need to charge it like once every week or two (even with all of the RGB turned off)

You should be able to configure it once in iCue and save your button settings to onboard memory

That sounds like an absolute slam dunk. I will have to tackle that little number this weekend.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah plugging my mouse in before I go to bed once a month is a gigantic hassle, a cord on my mouse all the time is so much easier

I mean in contrast to swapping the battery, which means you never deal with cables for your mouse. Same deal with the xbox controller vs playstation, I way prefer the xbox's use of standard batteries, so I don't need to ever be wired

HalloKitty fucked around with this message at 08:43 on May 27, 2023

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
My Kensington ProFit RMB is dying, so I guess I need a replacement. Is there a reliable 5-button USB mouse that fits a palm grip and doesn't have some kind of stupid software? I split duties between games and my work laptop.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

HalloKitty posted:

Is that supposed to be impressive? Logitech reckons the Lift will last 2 years. Maybe the polling rate and resolution is massively greater on the g502x. I would consider plugging a mouse in every month an extra chore

I'd rather have a mouse with a standard aa cell too, to be completely honest. I have a load of eneloops. No charging cable necessary. There are also those that want the lightest mouse possible - wired is always going to win there
I mean, I don’t know about other wireless gaming nice. My only comparison is a MX Master 3 at work which lasts multiple months but that’s a completely different animal.

Would also prefer a replaceable battery but that would probably increase weight.

Charging once/month is totally acceptable to me, can just do it while watching Youtube videos. And it still had 20%.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

PerniciousKnid posted:

My Kensington ProFit RMB is dying, so I guess I need a replacement. Is there a reliable 5-button USB mouse that fits a palm grip and doesn't have some kind of stupid software? I split duties between games and my work laptop.

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Intellimouse-Pro-White-Shadow/dp/B07T2KBR76/

Glad I bought a few extras of these when I did, the price is skyrocketing.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

There are a bunch of rando $10-15 cheapies on Amazon that fit that bill and are maybe 10% worse than what you pay $100+ for (and have to install malware to use).

If you're not a ~power gamer~ or Excel warlock and you just need the standard 5 buttons then there's not really a ton of extra performance or life you get from paying brand name prices, compared to something like this for $15.

</heresy>

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Anyone here use the Aerox 5? I have a Naga Pro 3 (or something) that I actually really like for playing Guild Wars 2 but any time I play something else I'm pretty ambivalent about it. The buttons (I use the 6 button grid) are pretty squishy in a way that doesn't matter in GW2 but when I was playing Diablo they felt bad. For reference I used to have a G502 wireless but like 3 months out of warranty it started double clicking and Logitech told me to gently caress off, so I did. But I miss that shape and button layout for other games.
Now though I have Razer's fuckin software and Steelseries' because I use one of their headsets. I think I may be able to make the Aerox work for GW2 since it has 5 buttons on the side, but if not I'll keep the Razer around just for one game. My only hesitation is that two of the buttons on the Aerox are actually a paddle or something that goes up or down? And that seems kind of awkward so I was wondering if anyone uses this mouse and how that feels.

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
sweet merciful crow. I had downloaded the iCUE software and was remapping the back and forward button. Much to my dismay I could absolutely not get it to work properly.. Saved it to the onboard memory right as rain but it wasn't working.

I was using safari. As an absolute last ditch effort I opened chrome and it worked.

PLEASE tell me there is some way to get this to work in safari. I do NOT want to have to use chrome. Already I am getting "google alerts" requests just from opening that junk the one time.

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
It seems this is a common problem with Safari.

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Sigh I installed SensibleSideButtons. Hoping someone has a better solution wherefore I can use the onboard memory

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Well sensiblesidebuttons seems to work fine. I copped the logitech light speed again and will return the corsair because the logitech is more comfy.

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
Funny that the intelimouse is going up in price now that it’s discontinued because I just swapped mine for an older smaller Logitech because the size of that mouse is perfect for me but i couldn’t find a way for my hand to rest comfortably on the hump, it was causing me to bend my wrist ever so slightly and aggravating it.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It's a nostalgia product and being priced accordingly.

I mean it is still today a great mouse design, but not objectively a ton better than cheaper alternatives in 2023.

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

The Joe Man posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Intellimouse-Pro-White-Shadow/dp/B07T2KBR76/

Glad I bought a few extras of these when I did, the price is skyrocketing.

why is this $50? looks like a hunk of junk no offense. The price is slashed 50% according to scamazon

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
copped this little number

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

MuadDib Atreides posted:

why is this $50? looks like a hunk of junk no offense. The price is slashed 50% according to scamazon

that mouse or a style very similar to it has been in production for over 20 years, but microsoft has announced they're quitting peripheral manufacturing/sales. so you have a lot of people who have grown used to that particular mouse over decades buying as many as they can to keep going with, while the remaining merchants are spiking the price to get a nice bit of profit off those people stockpiling.

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
well looks that it's on sale half off at scamazon so maybe cop a few if you're into that

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
because SA is completely dead and buried I went to the mouse subreddit and they like some crappy mice over there for sure. Shan't speculate

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
You can buy a mouse at Petco for like $7 OP hth

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Why was I probated for posting a mouse wrist rest that I bought? I will post pics when it comes in later today...If that's allowed

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

i think it's because you keep posting to the same thread 5 times in a row, minutes apart, rather than editing your last post

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
The forum may as well have posts though....

mewse
May 2, 2006

"why'd i cop a probe"

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

mewse posted:

"why'd i cop a probe"

So you unbnlocked me to see my posts and post this? I'm a legitimate contributor to this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Your posting is 75% whinging that I’ve seen in this thread