Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Orb of Creation actually put some news on his Steam page, the new changes are very encompassing, no solid eta though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Nice, I had Orb of Creation pegged as abandoned but it had good promise.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

sounds like the OoC dev is a full-time student so updates will probably be slow

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
re: confusion

dont even care about the ARG elements just love to watch those boxes roll around :allears:

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most
re: confusion, there's a reddit wiki post, which i guess is a thing that exists on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/incremental_games/wiki/confusion_guide/

useful clues for getting started are
The crate game coins has useful hints for meta-progression

There are two ways to change your game outside of clock tampering/irl waiting, the first hint as to the unreliable way the second hint as to the reliable
refresh until you get the cross "game" and figure out how to navigate it The aforementioned hints might help on this [/spoiler
if you are starting on the
[spoiler]button game
there's a way to get to some content that permanently unlocks a button to the cross hub on all screens, though you might need a hint from another game to figure out how to access it.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I think I'm stuck in Confusion: I did the train game, and then on the victory screen clicked on a door which started a quick lock game. After that I was in some sort of dark room and fell down into a place with a freezing-to-death meter, found nothing much down there before I died which kicked me back to the train victory screen. Exploring the dark room I found a crack in the wall that SAYS I can pick at but it just shows me a picture of a crack that I seem to be unable to do anything to and then kicks me back to the victory screen. If I fall back down my freeze-to-death meter is already full and it instantly kicks me back to the train victory screen. Do I need to just wait until the game resets my position again or am I just fully stuck?

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

Infinity Gaia posted:

I think I'm stuck in Confusion: I did the train game, and then on the victory screen clicked on a door which started a quick lock game. After that I was in some sort of dark room and fell down into a place with a freezing-to-death meter, found nothing much down there before I died which kicked me back to the train victory screen. Exploring the dark room I found a crack in the wall that SAYS I can pick at but it just shows me a picture of a crack that I seem to be unable to do anything to and then kicks me back to the victory screen. If I fall back down my freeze-to-death meter is already full and it instantly kicks me back to the train victory screen. Do I need to just wait until the game resets my position again or am I just fully stuck?

you're stuck for now until you get more metaprogress elsewhere on a different game, but your progress should be saved on what you did here so far.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Residual Toast posted:

you're stuck for now until you get more metaprogress elsewhere on a different game, but your progress should be saved on what you did here so far.

Since this was my second game, the first one being boxes, my only way to get to a different one is to wait until it switches on its own, right? Kinda sucks.

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

Infinity Gaia posted:

Since this was my second game, the first one being boxes, my only way to get to a different one is to wait until it switches on its own, right? Kinda sucks.

you can adjust your system clock ahead some multiple of three hours

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

God the spire in evolve is so slow

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Grapplejack posted:

God the spire in evolve is so slow

Until you get infernal mechs and rng into goldstarring Gladiator it's pretty brutal, yeah. If you're using the automation scripts make sure to tweak it to only replace mech when it's full because even suboptimal mechs are better than none if you're soul gem locked.

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord
Speaking of Evolve, I'm doing my first Ascension run now, is there a reason why the autoscript thinks it should be disabling all copper and coal production once it hits Andromeda even though it wanted to put off the Embassy till behind a huge fuckoff knowledge-cap gate by default and you need copper for several of the main knowledge buildings :confused:

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Zyxyz posted:

Speaking of Evolve, I'm doing my first Ascension run now, is there a reason why the autoscript thinks it should be disabling all copper and coal production once it hits Andromeda even though it wanted to put off the Embassy till behind a huge fuckoff knowledge-cap gate by default and you need copper for several of the main knowledge buildings :confused:

Because copper will come as a byproduct from from mars' titanium mining multiplied by ziggurats and coal is almost useless and will be mass traded for to stockpile and let slowly burn. Having all that extra pop not being wasted on mining is very useful for your ships.

Your first run or two of a new tier will usually have little quirks and problems that need manual fixing until you've progressed further and can let it go back to its own automation.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 25, 2023

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord

Rynoto posted:

Because copper will come as a byproduct from from mars' titanium mining multiplied by ziggurats and coal is almost useless and will be mass traded for to stockpile and let slowly burn. Having all that extra pop not being wasted on mining is very useful for your ships.

Your first run or two of a new tier will usually have little quirks and problems that need manual fixing until you've progressed further and can let it go back to its own automation.

ah I see now, I still had mars mines turned off from runs on the lower levels of reset. fixed it now, thx

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Unnamed Space Idle update is huge and very good. The new system is really interesting, and I think there might be another system unlocked later on? This was definitely worth the wait.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Unnamed Space Idle update is huge and very good. The new system is really interesting, and I think there might be another system unlocked later on? This was definitely worth the wait.

They didn't remove the damage wall around section 49 fwiw.
I'm going to need to spend a few days warp grinding before I can get the 10600 unlock

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord
new problem: my Soul Gem drop rate is now listed as 0/h despite having all my surveyors and attractor beacons active, when it was fine before?? what am I missing here

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

The script shows drop rate based on your previous drops iirc, so if you didn't have any it's 0.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Post poste posted:

I'm going to need to spend a few days warp grinding before I can get the 10600 unlock

Check the synthing, there is additional stuff to make in whatever the old final tier was. And that unlocks a station multiplier module. Those should be pretty doable. And the station multiplier will help a bunch.

That’s in addition to the new tier (or maybe tiers) of parts and modules. But the new tiers have a pretty hefty time multiplier on them.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Post poste posted:

???

I logged in and immediately shot to 52.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
I dunno wtf it is but recently Chrome has started freaking out on embedded app stuff like Confusion and just straight hard crashing. Wonder if I've got some weird setting somewhere set that's breaking it.

Falcon2001 fucked around with this message at 22:26 on May 26, 2023

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Toshimo posted:

???

I logged in and immediately shot to 52.

Yeah, i didn't have any of the 6x battle improvement for warp, or any of the red tier stuff. So i spent some time idling and warping and got them and now i'm slightly into 51, barely :)

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So I'll bite, I have no idea what to do in Confusion. The first game was straightforward enough (grey screen, click button to make number go up, also have passive NGU, I "beat" it, saw a weird screen then it reset the game) but now it cycled to a new game where it's on a blue screen with a bunch of blue buttons that light up over time, a button that changes to purple buttons, a timer bar at the top of the screen, and no text at all. Is there supposed to be text and I'm just missing something/my version is bugged out? I guess I'll just have to go to bed and hope it didn't cycle back to this game when I wake up. The game doesn't seem to match any of the ones described in the reddit guide.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
sounds aptly named imo

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I checked the discord, someone else is having the exact same problem as me, and whatever is causing it apparently also hosed up the downloaded version as well, so 0/10, game is literally unplayable and because I tried it in Edge to see if it was just an issue with Chrome, it made me use Edge.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Randalor posted:

I checked the discord, someone else is having the exact same problem as me, and whatever is causing it apparently also hosed up the downloaded version as well, so 0/10, game is literally unplayable and because I tried it in Edge to see if it was just an issue with Chrome, it made me use Edge.

If it makes you feel better I couldn’t get the very last puzzle to work. Even though I believe I solved it. And when looking it up, probably did solve it according to the info I could find. So I happily said “I win” and closed it instead of trying to make the game agree when it was clearly confused.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Randalor posted:

So I'll bite, I have no idea what to do in Confusion. The first game was straightforward enough (grey screen, click button to make number go up, also have passive NGU, I "beat" it, saw a weird screen then it reset the game)

You missed the real ending to the grey button screen, which is to grab the loose tile near bottom middle, click that button, then save up and auto click enough to press all those buttons at once.

Then you unlock the map, along with features that make other games winnable.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Post poste posted:

You missed the real ending to the grey button screen, which is to grab the loose tile near bottom middle, click that button, then save up and auto click enough to press all those buttons at once.

Great, stopped giving a gently caress about Confusion when it was literally unplayable on the game that it changed to 5 minutes after I "beat" the Grey button game.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Post poste posted:

I looked up the spoilers someone linked on Confusion and noped out. Interesting concept, but didn’t feel like messing with my computer clock or waiting 3 hours to play different games to try to figure out poorly breadcrumbed puzzles.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Orvin posted:

I looked up the spoilers someone linked on Confusion and noped out. Interesting concept, but didn’t feel like messing with my computer clock or waiting 3 hours to play different games to try to figure out poorly breadcrumbed puzzles.

It lives up to its name very well, yes. Good to play for a bit and then come back again later.

It's an interesting concept, some fun parts, some dumb parts. 6.5/R4 for my rating. Swirlies.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
On USI: I am fairly annoyed at the higher level challenges, I have a hard time finding good setups and things take forever.

Also: Does anybody understand what the Void Beacon module actually does?

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

VictualSquid posted:

On USI: I am fairly annoyed at the higher level challenges, I have a hard time finding good setups and things take forever.

Also: Does anybody understand what the Void Beacon module actually does?

I think there is normally a delay in spawning waves of enemies. It can be quite noticeable when you prestige and can clear out the early waves of stuff. This should remove that timed delay if all the enemies are dead.

Probably most helpful if you are farming lower levels for shards you missed or something along those lines. Otherwise not very helpful for when you are pushing the edge of what your ship is capable.

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die
Void Beacon is essential for reducing farming downtime for enemy dependent resources like void matter, research points and crew xp.

Also the weapon buff that gives 0,x% buff per wave killed.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
note that Void Beacon does not work 1) on bosses [have to clear the trash first] and 2) in warps [can't get more levels per warp core charge that way]

JavaJesus
Jul 4, 2007

In USI, what's a good ship loadout for around sector 50? I'm full up on the final battle upgrade from Warp and fully maxed red synth items before this new update, but I'm struggling to make much sector progress. It's possible I just didn't let Compute build enough on this run, but I can also easily see simply having a bad loadout and I'd like to either rule that out or get a better loadout. Right now I have a Beam Laser, a Missile Launcher, and 4 Charge Lasers, along with all three shields as Bulk Generators.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there is now a tab to see how much damage each of your weapons have done.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

JavaJesus posted:

In USI, what's a good ship loadout for around sector 50? I'm full up on the final battle upgrade from Warp and fully maxed red synth items before this new update, but I'm struggling to make much sector progress. It's possible I just didn't let Compute build enough on this run, but I can also easily see simply having a bad loadout and I'd like to either rule that out or get a better loadout. Right now I have a Beam Laser, a Missile Launcher, and 4 Charge Lasers, along with all three shields as Bulk Generators.

I'd tailor your load out specifically for the enemies - 50 has slower regen shielded enemies with armor, so maybe double beam + kinetic cannons and a missile launcher, maybe a bomb launcher - because IIRC after you complete 50 (or maybe 51) you'll need to retrofit with the new defense unlock anyhow. Charge lasers you have now will be greatly disadvantaged vs the current enemy armor, and the missile launcher won't do much armor damage.

In general I felt a huge slowdown at 50ish, so eking out even incremental value from every tab felt more and more crucial

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009
I just noticed today that there have been some updates to Theresmore in april and may with NG+ and order of attack. I haven't seen these updates mentioned in the thread previously.

quote:

We have fully redesigned the combat so that category bonuses are only correctly assigned when a unit fights against enemy of a category that gives it a bonus.
Now the combat will take place in this way:
Ranged units will fire
Shock units will engage the enemy
Tank units will counterattack
Cavalry will maneuver and enter the battle
Who will be hit first? Tanks, then shocks, cavalry, and ranged

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Unnamed Space Idle: You can only realistically get 16 Mastery Points in the current patch. (Theoretically you can get up to 8 more, but each individual one would take weeks even if you have everything else fully completed for the current endgame, so that's really not feasible.) There are 26 Mastery Points worth of upgrades to buy, and there are no refunds or respecs allowed. Choose wisely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Unnamed Space Idle: You can only realistically get 16 Mastery Points in the current patch. (Theoretically you can get up to 8 more, but each individual one would take weeks even if you have everything else fully completed for the current endgame, so that's really not feasible.) There are 26 Mastery Points worth of upgrades to buy, and there are no refunds or respecs allowed. Choose wisely.

Hmm, well I already spent my first 6 on the single point upgrades. I probably would have skipped the non-xp to get another long term upgrade this patch cycle.

Any recommendations or rankings?

Like is the synth upgrade required to max out the current final tier of synth? I just finally unlocked the grey bar, and it is going to take 12 hours to complete a single crafting cycle. I know that will go down as I prestige and also get the 5th synth challenge completed. But I could potentially see that being a long term waste of points right now. Maybe same thing for the warp upgrade. Maybe the costs are high enough that it warrants spending on them.