Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
This keeps showing up in my recommended videos, and I keep clicking it, so if I have to watch it so do you guys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edwR6i18DAc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The upcoming vinyl release of KH music has the KH4 trailer track
https://twitter.com/KH13com/status/1638387857411678211

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Still no further updates on Missing Link or KH4 I assume (though I also highly doubt we’ll see either of them until at least next year)?

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010
Watching chip and ironicus' letsplay of the first game and i just noticed this

Sora says he feels like he remembers it, has it ever been explained? It doesn't seem to be hollow bastion/radiant garden but it doesn't seem like daybreak town either?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

It's supposed to be a hint how Kairi's heart is inside him since she came from Radiant garden/Hollow Bastion.

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010

Pixeltendo posted:

It's supposed to be a hint how Kairi's heart is inside him since she came from Radiant garden/Hollow Bastion.

Oh that'd make sense, i was spinning up conspiracy theories about all of ven's convoluted poo poo being planned this early

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Nomura loves to throw out a bunch of random words and phrases and then retroactively justify them in the next game, so I don’t blame you.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Nomura loves to throw out a bunch of random words and phrases and then retroactively justify them in the next game, so I don’t blame you.

Hell, it wasn’t until 358 that we finally got the full context for the secret ending of the first game.

As I understand it, Nomura just does things he thinks are cool and then goes back and writes a story around them later (I don’t even think all of the text you see flash on screen during the secret endings actually makes it into the game it’s advertising)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Apr 12, 2023

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Honestly not the worst way to do things.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I forgot that the Tarzan world made the artistic choice to never have the gorillas speak because Sora Donald Goofy don't speak gorilla.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

I forgot that the Tarzan world made the artistic choice to never have the gorillas speak because Sora Donald Goofy don't speak gorilla.

And the one time in the world that Tarzan speaks full proper sentences, they cut immediately to Donald and Goofy going "Did you get any of that?" to imply he was speaking Gorilla.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I hated Deep Jungle and am happy that they were never legally allowed to use it ever again.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Let’s never bring back Atlantica either while we’re at it (ironically the only good versions of that world were in Chain of Memories and Melody of Memory, aka the ones that completely ignored its main gimmick)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There were more bad areas than good in KH1

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Sakurazuka posted:

There were more bad areas than good in KH1

Ehhh I wouldn’t say that. Most of them are fine. The only bad ones are Deep Jungle and Atlantica.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

If we never go back to Wonderland, I'll die a happy man.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Agents are GO! posted:

If we never go back to Wonderland, I'll die a happy man.

Aside from MoM the last time we saw it was in Coded I believe (which coincidentally was also probably its worst incarnation to date aside from maybe the shooter section at the end).

So yeah, same (or at the very least give us something other than the same three locations over and over again)

Edit: It was in also in both mobile games but those at least were more combat focused and they brought in characters we hadn’t seen a dozen times already

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Wonderland was in Days where it also not surprisingly sucked rear end (also I'm pretty sure the only character you meet in it is the Cheshire Cat.)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

Wonderland was in Days where it also not surprisingly sucked rear end (also I'm pretty sure the only character you meet in it is the Cheshire Cat.)

I believe the Queen of Hearts and maybe the White Rabbit were also in Days briefly (and the manga adaptation also added the Caterpillar)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
They put the loving Shotlock in FF16, LFG

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I like Deep Jungle, it's the Grid in DDD I can never make sense of.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I don't know why but Wonderland in KH1 is the only time a video game has ever given me a headache directly

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

It's the soundtrack.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Larryb posted:

Let’s never bring back Atlantica either while we’re at it (ironically the only good versions of that world were in Chain of Memories and Melody of Memory, aka the ones that completely ignored its main gimmick)
underwater exploration is a great video game concept and we should have more, not less of it!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Yes we should. Atlantica was not a good implementation of underwater exploration.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Atlantica not having a breath meter was a good part of it and I'm glad for it. I like underwater parts of Ratchet and Clank since not needing to worry about drowning is a regular upgrade to those games.

Also didn't mind being underwater in KH3 Pirates of the Caribbean either.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I didn't mind KH1 atlantica at all but it's definitely a victim of the game's generally awkward level designs and controls. KH3 swimming was great though outside of how they made the combat worse underwater for absolutely no reason. Here's hoping for the first actually truly no asterisks good water level in KH4!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Moana world will give us the Good Underwater Sections.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

pirates of the caribbean in kh3 had fine underwater segments

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The flying bits in KH1 were fine, there's no reason for Atlantica to be as bad as it is

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
I'm going to be starting a new playthrough of KH2:FM. I've never been very good at the game, but I would like to improve. Any broad or specific tips?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

(Don't say git gud don't say git gud don't say git gud)

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I'm going to be starting a new playthrough of KH2:FM. I've never been very good at the game, but I would like to improve. Any broad or specific tips?

- summons are super good, but the caveat is that their limit breaks mostly suck compared to letting them just hang out, except for Genie. Chicken Little frequently casts not-Magnet, and Stitch just nosells a decent chunk of attacks, occasionally stuns literally every enemy in the game, up to and including Lingering Will, and frequently just fully heals your MP
- Reflect is the best spell in the game. Cheap, will virtually always protect you from harm, can be chaincasted for more of a buffer, and does obscene damage.
- I’m guessing you’re playing Critical, in which case you level slightly slower and get worse and worse health relative to Proud as the game goes on but you get two copies of Lucky Strike, so you can generally use synthesis to make yourself more durable anyway.
- if there’s enemy types you have trouble with, just hang back and get an opening after guarding an attack. Or spam magic! This work’s surprisingly well even on bosses, most of the more infamous fights like Demyx just expect the player to be paying attention and not just mashing X

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ZZT the Fifth posted:

if you try to fight lingering will, he's impossible to damage (as in, you'll just be pinging off an invisible barrier) until you've successfully dodged a certain number of his attacks. get hit once and the chain resets, and the number you have to dodge keeps going up as his health depletes

this isn't really telegraphed anywhere and it took me ages to figure out

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

I am like 99% certain that's not how it works, he basically just has extra invisible HP at the start of the fight you have to whack off him before you start seeing his health deplete regularly.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

I don’t disbelieve the dodging thing but this is the first I’ve heard of it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

RevolverDivider posted:

I am like 99% certain that's not how it works, he basically just has extra invisible HP at the start of the fight you have to whack off him before you start seeing his health deplete regularly.

it's definitely not a sephiroth situation. your attacks literally pass right through him until there's a break in his combos, and that doesn't happen unless you no-sell enough of his moves

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I don’t think it has to do with how often you dodge, you have to knock him off balance to deal proper damage. He has more HP than the bars can show which is why it seems like you do nothing for a while. He does have a sort of shield that you have to break, I forget exactly how it works but once it’s broken you can stunlock him for a combo or two.

Edit: if you reflect one of his big gun projectiles back at him it knocks him back and opens him up for a combo. There are specific moves that leave him open. It’s a tough battle but he has patterns which is why it’s a well-designed boss.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

He absolutely takes hitstun at the start of the fight you just have to punish his openings. If he's in the middle of doing moves you can't interrupt the vast majority of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That dude just got so many invincibility frames