Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

lol you're so lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Ranter posted:

lol you're so lame

you probably think this post is about you

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

madeintaipei posted:

you probably think this post is about you

....but it is :confused:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Turn your monitor on

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
🫄

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Somehow, it not being anthropomorphic makes it a little more disturbing.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

How is porcelain babby formed

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Android Apocalypse posted:

Finally, a use for artificial intelligence!

Well this is some hopelessly evil bullshit

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Also gonna open them up to some insane liability possibilities

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Cacafuego posted:

How is porcelain babby formed

An anthropomorphic avacado slips and falls, their soul leaves their body and inhabits a toilet. They then make their way to the hospital where their body is and reinhabit it. They realize their baby didn't transfer over with them and have to flush the toilet to retrieve it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/siXXReN.mp4

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

Louis CK can go straight to hell but he was right in saying that "America won't go from number one to number two. America is gonna fall HARD."

I remember that bit, he was talking about White People not Americans in general. Though in terms of what we're talking about that's pretty much the same thing.

DarkDobe posted:

What universe was america ever number one?

In the :patriot: one, the only one that counts :smug:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Android Apocalypse posted:

Finally, a use for artificial intelligence!

I'd expect an eating disorder helpline to be a charity organization, with volunteers maybe. God this sounds bleak.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Scratch Monkey posted:

And Russians get upset when you remind them that without American lend lease they’d have folded in 41

That man who was set on fire? I sold him the fire extinguisher he put himself out with!

(admittedly I only sold it to him while he was actually on fire and the fire looked like it might catch my house)

I also made a bundle when I sold some powerful computers to the guy who set him on fire, something about categorising and identifying specific groups of people.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !

Scratch Monkey posted:

And Russians get upset when you remind them that without American lend lease they’d have folded in 41

Lend-Lease started in October 1941 my dude, the first deliveries didn't even make it to the front until 1942.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006

guarantee this is i70 in the rockies, never seen so many dumbasees behind the wheel in my life

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

tyrelhill posted:

guarantee this is i70 in the rockies, never seen so many dumbasees behind the wheel in my life

Denver drivers are the worst on the planet

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
come back... demver...

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The worst drivers are the ones in my [state] that drove in from [other state]

But seriously, I live in Oregon where drivers are generally courteous but the folks that come in from Texas are so loving dangerous on the road. I don't know how people live like that.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Inzombiac posted:

Going out in public is scary because there's a non-zero chance you'll get shot in the back by an incel.

Don't forget:
- cops
- toddlers
- angry lunatics who think that someone ringing their doorbell is a deadly threat

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Nostradingus posted:

As someone who has driving in 49 states (haven’t hit up Alaska yet) my vote is either Salt Lake City or Miami.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

FlapYoJacks posted:

As someone who has driving in 49 states (haven’t hit up Alaska yet) my vote is either Salt Lake City or Miami.

Alaska drivers are generally pretty chill, and I’ve found that the Alaska DOT seems to have a good handle on speed limits. None of the artificially-low limits like you get in Miami. (I’m looking at you, 826, 836, and 874.)

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

But seriously, I live in Oregon where drivers are generally courteous but the folks that come in from Texas are so loving dangerous on the road. I don't know how people live like that.

you don't want to know what we say about oregon drivers up here in Washington

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

AlmightyBob posted:

You can tell they're Oregon drivers because they're wandering around the gas station looking bewildered.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Stoatbringer posted:

Don't forget:
- cops
- toddlers
- angry lunatics who think that someone ringing their doorbell is a deadly threat

I mean of course. You shoot their doorbell from behind cover and concealment to get their attention like a normal person.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nostradingus posted:

Denver drivers were good until half the country decided to move here in the last 8 years.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

veni veni veni posted:

Denver drivers were good until half the country decided to move here in the last 8 years.

That Demver body is just not seen anywhere else. Of course you were going to get a bunch of horny freaks coming in trying to get their own Demver girlfriend.

Juando290
Apr 22, 2007

You stopped toe curlin in the hot tub cause you heard sperms stay alive in there and you have seen Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles enough times to know how that story ends.

Inzombiac posted:

The Eugene area is getting inundated with Californians and Texans. Not sure why there is a mass exodus from Texas to this area…but yeah, the overall driving culture here has changed over the last 20 years from “oh no, please, after you, I will let you merge” to “if there isn’t a 5 car accident on 126 at 5:15 pm from people weaving and riding asses, did you really get off work?”

AlmightyBob posted:

I am curious actually. What is the consensus about Oregon drivers? I have never felt out of place when in Washington and likewise, never focused on a Washington driver in our area. I guess you probably see more people from PDX and they are a sub-culture of rear end in a top hat drivers, but the rest of the state seems chill and I have always felt Washington folk are similar in their respect for others on the road.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Southern drivers are dogshit and you'd think they'd be more polite because everyone is armed. NOPE

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

MrYenko posted:

Alaska drivers are generally pretty chill, and I’ve found that the Alaska DOT seems to have a good handle on speed limits. None of the artificially-low limits like you get in Miami. (I’m looking at you, 826, 836, and 874.)

826, 836, and 874 mph is actually quite high!

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Altared State posted:

An anthropomorphic avacado slips and falls, their soul leaves their body and inhabits a toilet. They then make their way to the hospital where their body is and reinhabit it. They realize their baby didn't transfer over with them and have to flush the toilet to retrieve it.

I'm surprised that some are able to retain finger family friday information. My brain just stops recording.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Milo and POTUS posted:

Southern drivers are dogshit and you'd think they'd be more polite because everyone is armed. NOPE
why would i need to be polite, i'm armed.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

My Spirit Otter posted:

i dont understand how or why homeschooling is legal

freedom isnt free

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Juando290 posted:

The Eugene area is getting inundated with Californians and Texans. Not sure why there is a mass exodus from Texas to this area…but yeah, the overall driving culture here has changed over the last 20 years from “oh no, please, after you, I will let you merge” to “if there isn’t a 5 car accident on 126 at 5:15 pm from people weaving and riding asses, did you really get off work?”

I am curious actually. What is the consensus about Oregon drivers? I have never felt out of place when in Washington and likewise, never focused on a Washington driver in our area. I guess you probably see more people from PDX and they are a sub-culture of rear end in a top hat drivers, but the rest of the state seems chill and I have always felt Washington folk are similar in their respect for others on the road.

Other than maybe "Oregonians don't know how to pump gas", I never hear anything about them. The fact that people have little to say about their fellow Cascadians I think speaks to the similarities of the region.

Due to sheer numbers might hear stuff about CA drivers but honestly I rarely ever hear anything negative about other states in the first place, the PNW is so far away from the rest of the country it just doesn't come up much.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Bored Online posted:

freedom isnt free

But it’s stupid easy to fictionalize

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Juando290 posted:

that they're the worst in the country, maybe it's more local to my part of western washington (grew up in king county)

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Many times in Texas and Louisiana I heard people basically say “turn signals? why? I know where I’m going, and it’s nobody else’s drat business”.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

phobo
Aug 7, 2008
Everyone sucks at driving except me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

3cursed5cursed_thread imo.