Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Valko posted:

I take that 'baps' are a slang term for part of the human anatomy where you are from?

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Tiggum posted:

It would not even occur to me to ask anyone if they wanted their bread roll toasted. It's a weird thing to want.

Toasting a bun is very very common throughout the US and most (good) restaurants do it if you order any kind of burger. It's not putting it in a toaster, it's throwing it opened side down on a grill or griddle for a minute just to get some char/texture.

Culver's, a Wisconsin fast food place, is known for their "butter burgers," which is they just put some butter on the buns and throw them on the grill for a bit.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I had some chili in the fridge. I put some in a tortilla with lettuce, mayo and cheese. I had another one but I but I mixed a spoonful of rice into the chili first.

Do either of those two things count as a burrito/fajita?

Still got plenty of chili and tortillas left. Might make enchiladas tomorrow.

I'm not posting pics because my kitchen is a drat mess.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Valko posted:

I had some chili in the fridge. I put some in a tortilla with lettuce, mayo and cheese. I had another one but I but I mixed a spoonful of rice into the chili first.

Do either of those two things count as a burrito/fajita?

I'd say so because Taco Bell has a chili cheese burrito. The mayo is kinda weird though.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'd say so because Taco Bell has a chili cheese burrito. The mayo is kinda weird though.

I didn't have any soured cream, I hate store bought guacamole and you can't get good avocados for a decent price here because of brexit.

It was either light spread of mayo or mustard.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Valko posted:

I didn't have any soured cream, I hate store bought guacamole and you can't get good avocados for a decent price here because of brexit.

It was either light spread of mayo or mustard.

Unflavored Greek yogurt makes a great sour cream substitute. Dunno if you had any but maybe this will save someone next time

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
last night was spaghets tossed in canned vodka sauce with a couple pan seared chicken thighs

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

nexous posted:

Unflavored Greek yogurt makes a great sour cream substitute. Dunno if you had any but maybe this will save someone next time

I do have yoghurt but it's activia strawberry. Maybe I'll try it as a dare.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

had some pulled pork from true story that was actually pretty good, so decided to throw in some seasoning and sauces to make tacos. black beans with tomatoes, jalapenos, and onions + seasonings & pork that wouldnt fit the tacos. pertinent to the conversation is the Greek yogurt instead of sour cream because one of those things i always have and one i only buy when i plan on using it.

i need to make homemade tortillas again soon but these were good

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Chicken tenders, peas n carrots, Kraft macaroni & cheese

Going kiddo mode

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

chicken, zucchini, tomato, parmesan, mozz, red sauce, herbs

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Nice.

Tonight I'm eating Arby's. Beef n Cheddar, curly fries, coke. I don't know what I was thinking. At least I'll be drunk off whisky/bourbon.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Gatts posted:

Nice.

Tonight I'm eating Arby's. Beef n Cheddar, curly fries, coke. I don't know what I was thinking. At least I'll be drunk off whisky/bourbon.

Son, stop, you had me at meat tornado.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Gatts posted:

Nice.

you put any horsey on that sucker?

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

last night i made a quiche for my parents since my mom is recovering from getting a new knee

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

AARD VARKMAN posted:

you put any horsey on that sucker?

Of course. I don't know how to get past it without horsey.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Gatts posted:

Of course. I don't know how to get past it without horsey.

Whew..... had me worried for a sec.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Target brand microwaveable Spanish rice and a pack of hot & sweet flavored tuna

Kinda dry but w/e I'm lazy and fed

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

spouse made blue hake over rice. it was delicious

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Thai basil chicken

Forgot to buy the the basil tho

runchild
May 26, 2010

Tonight: carnitas tacos. Okay, needed more zip.

Yesterday: sheet pan fajitas. The peppers must have been too juicy cause there was a lot of liquid, so I didn’t get as much browning on everything as I’d have liked. Other than that, quite tasty.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Gatts posted:

Nice.

Hope on a seasame bun, them onion buns are to sticky

runchild
May 26, 2010

I got conscripted into being grillmaster cause nobody trusted my father-in-law to not overcook the steaks. Not pictured: another couple of t-bones and some ribeyes.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

visiting my father-in-law for his 70th. went to a chichi bar with an interior that looked like a barn, waitresses that dressed cowgirls, and waiters like riverboat swindlers looking to do Kenny Rogers in. a man in the bathroom left the stall to use the urinal. anyway, i had the steak sandwich with a side of Brussels (in a balsamic reduction that had hints of tonkatsu sauce to it) and a couple beers. the four elements was good.

spouse had a jalapeno burger which was also good. it had that cookout (not Cookout) quality to it, you know? rare to find in a restaurant.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

i have no idea what the first beer was. i couldn't hear the waitress but i didn't want her to have to run and tell me something else i asked for was tapped out for the third time. it was certainly beer.

runchild
May 26, 2010

White sauce pizza with garlic and bacon, topped with fresh arugula from the garden.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Imagine your wife made a delicious moussaka, and the you ate 1/4 of it. Literally best day of my life

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Wholemeal pasta with kangaroo bolognese and a simple salad.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Broiled to perfection.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Broiled to perfection.

uncle fester rear end lookin meat

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
meat look like the movie Powder

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
you stole that photo from the costco thread. shame.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4008238&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=170#post531281858

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Button mushrooms sauteed in butter and herbs, with a couple of hard boiled eggs, and toast.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Kraft Dinner. :canada:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I thought that looked incredibly familiar.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Terry Black’s

Rodeo Goat

Whattaburger

Kinzo sushi (head chef worked at Nobu)

Torchy’s Tacos

From my long weekend in Texas

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
trader joes frozen chow mein fancied up in my wok with broccoli and a bit more chicken. also added sesame oil and black vinegar to the sauce.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Gonna eat the discount bread i bought 4 days ago in the clearance isle. Pair it with ceasar salad and cholula.

runchild
May 26, 2010

runchild posted:

Chipotle chicken sandwich from the place where I almost always get their chipotle chicken sandwich. It was particularly good today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

had lamb meatballs over pita with green peppers, diced tomatoes, and homemade tzatziki. the toddler really liked the meatballs so that and seafood appear to be his preferred meats.