Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

CODChimera posted:

ive heard this a million times already

you arent supposed to re,member that

remembering is illegal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
You just watch

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Writer's strike means they had to reuse an old plotline

speng31b
May 8, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

Writer's strike means they had to reuse an old plotline

ethics in osint

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Orange Devil posted:

Taiwan is the absolute most insane example of liberal doublethink. My friends insist to me that Taiwan is its own country and not part of China. They maintain this insistence even when I point out that that is very much *not* the position of the Taiwanese government.

lol what would those non-whites know about their own non-country

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

paul_soccer12 posted:

ruzzians are going to false flag the power plant they control as an excuse to launch a special military operation against ukraine

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1662168210215403535
https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1662209786941956096
https://twitter.com/apmassaro3/status/1662168458451091471

Any Day Now

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

its funny cos ukraine could suicide bomb an f-16 into the plant and everyone would be like wow russia stole an f-16 and tried to frame ukraine? putin's degeneracy knows no limits

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023
hearing reports that Vladimir Putin was spotted entering the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant with a giant cartoon bomb, very troubling, get the word out everyone

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

give taiwan back to albania

Alpha 1
Feb 17, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

Aside, the more I learn about European history the funnier it gets:

Wherein the "scholar" now claimed by Ukrainian nationalists as a Ukrainian, invented Bulgarian nationalism, by claiming that they were Russian, like him.

If we're talking about the insane history of European nationalism, it turns out that the Galician OUN and Soviet eastern Ukrainians barely recognized each other as Ukrainians. Eastern Ukrainians in particular thought the OUN were Polish-speaking Germans. It rules how the Ukrainian state built its entire identity around these guys after 2014.
https://twitter.com/phl43/status/1661798330995802118
The excerpt is from Stepan Bandera: The Life and Afterlife of a Ukrainian Nationalist, By Grzegorz Rossolinski.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Orange Devil posted:

Taiwan is the absolute most insane example of liberal doublethink. My friends insist to me that Taiwan is its own country and not part of China. They maintain this insistence even when I point out that that is very much *not* the position of the Taiwanese government.

you should tell them that in their constitution, they still lay claim to all of the mainland and still refer to themselves as Chinese lol

that'll really break their brains

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

paul_soccer12 posted:

You just watch

The war must be going great for ukraine if you can catch a probe for possibly insincere appreciation of a dogshit song parody :allears:

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Frosted Flake posted:

lol remember when it turned out they did attack it, that was a short lived story.

"Everybody knows that Ukraine attacked the nuclear plant! Everyone has always known this! Its a NoThInGbUrGeR."

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
the other threads were talking about some deep strike using storm shadow missiles or something in azovstal

anything unusual actually happen there or is it just rubbernecking during the boring parts of war again

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

A big flaming stink posted:

anything unusual actually happen there or is it just rubbernecking during the boring parts of war again

writers guild is on strike so copium is running high and using chatgpt to generate new prompts

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

the other threads were talking about some deep strike using storm shadow missiles or something in azovstal

https://twitter.com/DenesTorteli/status/1662318450172108801

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Hell yeah, Storm Shadow!!! :godwinning:

Hmmm, Z Storm? A tad problematic, no? :hitler::crossarms:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/NadiaWhittomeMP/status/1662065828823539712?t=cTyxEON6ezLEBSx600T_lQ&s=19

Check out which party she's from lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

the nazi party

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
UK Labour is the most cucked political party in the world. Dems wish they could be as pathetic as Keir Starmer.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Feel free to edit this, not a syq as I’m not really able to go through the official channels atm, but does speng or whoever want to weigh in on whatever the gently caress this is

tango alpha delta posted:

Paul_soccer is now a person of interest. Enjoy your free lifetime of government surveillance!

I was the systems administrator for a manufacturer of parts for nuclear weapons. The security at such a facility is extremely tight. Carrying a phone onto the manufacturing floor is immediate cause for termination and criminal prosecution.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

yellowcar posted:

you should tell them that in their constitution, they still lay claim to all of the mainland and still refer to themselves as Chinese lol

that'll really break their brains

Plus outer Mongolia, parts of North Korea, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Russia, Pakistan, Bhutan, Myanmar and maybe India. The only countries China borders they don't claim part of are Vietnam and Laos.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
clearly 100% serious and paul sucker is toast

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Cuttlefush posted:

clearly 100% serious and paul sucker is toast

I am pro-life and take no pleasure in reporting this.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Not be a loving freak challenge: impossible difficulty

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
doesn't seem that freaky really

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i'm going to brutally destroy paul_saqr with a patreiot freedom missile for liking too much putin (((actionable threat after I raise $500m to afford a single missile)))

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

doesn't paul like live in vancouver? lmao

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Person of Interest, you are hereby charged with Capital Malcompliance. Receive your verdict. Duty, Sword, Midnight :reject:

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
Good news everyone

Oleksiy Danilov interview: Ukraine counter-offensive 'ready to begin'
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-65725004

Ukraine is ready to launch its long-expected counter-offensive against Russian forces, one of the country's most senior security officials has told the BBC.

Oleksiy Danilov would not name a date but said an assault to retake territory from President Vladimir Putin's occupying forces could begin "tomorrow, the day after tomorrow or in a week".

He warned that Ukraine's government had "no right to make a mistake" on the decision because this was an "historic opportunity" that "we cannot lose".

As secretary of the National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine, Mr Danilov is at the heart of President Volodymyr Zelensky's de facto war cabinet.

His rare interview with the BBC was interrupted by a phone message from President Zelensky summoning him to a meeting to discuss the counter-offensive.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
the conveniently timed Big Counteroffensive Meeting message during the interview is so good

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
U/R War: You are now a person of interest

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Meow Tse-tung posted:

U/R War: You are now a person of interest

Good strong first season, but the lead turned out to be a Qanon nutjob and the other lead has some domestic abuse allegations

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
As for what is going on, it doesn't seem too much, the Ukrainians have done a hit of harassment but it seems like most of the sky shadows they are firing are documented as shot down on video. It does seem one gone to Avozstal but it is unclear what it was targeting there. Otherwise, there has been some drones found around and some shelling on the border.

There doesn't seem to be have major offensive operations occurring or really signs of a major build up and Wagner troops seem to be cycling out.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://twitter.com/christopherjm/status/1662349934148853761?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Ukranie is doing that meme where the truck is speeding towards the post but never actually hits it in multiple angles

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I thought it was pretty well established that both sides have the intelligence resources to have a pretty good idea of where the other is concentrating it's forces and it was going to be pretty tough to surprise one or the other when it comes to the launching point of a big offensive.. I know there was that one time that Russia withdrew like 30,000 dudes across a river right under the nose of NATO and the Ukrainians (how embarrassing) but it would be hard to imagine that Russia could miss the concentration of equipment and manpower that would be necessary to create and reinforce any sort of breakthrough..

Which I guess is a long way to get around to saying that I don't understand why Ukraine is now acting like their offensive is going to be some massive surprise that completely catches the Russians out. You might be able to rush 70 dudes in pickup trucks across the border to harass a village and shoot some civilians, but for anything larger than those sorts of 1 day raid attacks I doubt Ukraine will have any sort of surprise factor to rely on.

Starsfan has issued a correction as of 09:31 on May 27, 2023

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

offensive begins on may 31 11:59pm at gmt -11

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Starsfan posted:

Which I guess is a long way to get around to saying that I don't understand why Ukraine is now acting like their offensive is going to be some massive surprise that completely catches the Russians out.
your mistake is thinking it is actually strategic (or even real) instead of internet meme red meat to western war psychos. you gotta keep drip feeding the flag emoji psychos new copium or else they might remove the flag emoji from their profile.. and that.. that would be very very bad

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Starsfan posted:

I thought it was pretty well established that both sides have the intelligence resources to have a pretty good idea of where the other is concentrating it's forces and it was going to be pretty tough to surprise one or the other when it comes to the launching point of a big offensive.. I know there was that one time that Russia withdrew like 30,000 dudes across a river right under the nose of NATO and the Ukrainians (how embarrassing) but it would be hard to imagine that Russia could miss the concentration of equipment and manpower that would be necessary to create and reinforce any sort of breakthrough..

Which I guess is a long way to get around to saying that I don't understand why Ukraine is now acting like their offensive is going to be some massive surprise that completely catches the Russians out. You might be able to rush 70 dudes in pickup trucks across the border to harass a village and shoot some civilians, but for anything larger than those sorts of 1 day mission surprise attacks I doubt Ukraine will have any sort of surprise factor to rely on.

i think theyre counting on russian military incompetence to save themselves which to be honest is a 50/50 safe bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Al-Saqr posted:

i think theyre counting on russian military incompetence to save themselves which to be honest is a 50/50 safe bet.

well I think to a certain extent they are mostly counting on the western media / governments to declare literally any result a triumph.. like if Ukraine captures a few villages and towns and posts some videos like that one just above in the thread about their soldiers taking back the land of Ukraine the libs are going to be falling over themselves to send more money and weapons.. even if the loss in men and equipment to do that is absolutely horrendous.

Moving forward is all that matters to these people I guess.