Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Jurassic Park is an isekai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

the hunt for red october is an isekai

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
technically, each post you make on the internet is an isekai.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
gender transition is an isekai

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

George: tsundere
Kramer: deredere
Jerry: kuudere

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

I. M. Gei posted:

y'all

Idiocracy is an isekai

I like slaves

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

i can't tell whether doom or the silent hill series is my benchmark for isekai. doom probably might edge it out because the isekai comes to earth and doomguy goes into the isekai to destroy it and in later games (64, 2016, eternal) it's implied he does it again and again and again

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
doomguy voluntarily goes to hell, isekai seems to imply being thrown into not stepping into out of your own will

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

if Doomguy was isekai'd into Dungeon Meshi he'd probably turn on humanity in favor of the dungeon rabbits

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i can't tell whether doom or the silent hill series is my benchmark for isekai. doom probably might edge it out because the isekai comes to earth and doomguy goes into the isekai to destroy it and in later games (64, 2016, eternal) it's implied he does it again and again and again

that's just one of those SDF propaganda shows, "Gate"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Doc Hawkins posted:

I didn’t read much Gate but I did like the part where the fantasy warrior princess is meeting with the JSDF guys and she’s mentally preparing to stoically offer her own life in return for the lives of her men, and the JSDF guy is just like, “we should discuss prisoner exchange. We have several hundred of your soldiers in custody and we’d like to release them back to you as expediently as possible”

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

if Doomguy was isekai'd into Dungeon Meshi he'd probably turn on humanity in favor of the dungeon rabbits

he couldn't comprehend that world because he doesn't eat or drink or probably even breathe. the only sustenance doomguy needs is killing demons.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
dragon ball is an isekai

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

walking into another room in your house is an isekai

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
whenever you wake up its an isekai

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
posting on the forums is an isekai

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

getting baptized is isekai

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I'm catching up on Witch From Mercury and this is a level of Gundam suffering I haven't seen in a while. I categorize the series as a true Gundam show.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
It’s actually spelled “imsogay” not “isekai”

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm an anime? I'm Barack Obama? And I'm gay?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
And I’m Ryan Schutt.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'm an anime? I'm Barack Obama? And I'm gay?

rip Air Gear

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Doc Hawkins posted:

I knew a guy who was like "I hate anime BUT" he loved Gate and he was convinced that the thousand year old goddess in a teenage body who experiences sexual climax during battle and repeatedly tries to gently caress the protagonist was a brilliant satire about anime and not just anime itself.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gate is definitely an anime for guys who think they "hate" anime because it's nothing but military otaku fanservice with a lot of regular otaku fanservice sprinkled in.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the people who are into anime nationalism specifically are the most hosed up weirdos in a world full of hosed up weirdos.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the people who are into anime nationalism specifically are the most hosed up weirdos in a world full of hosed up weirdos.

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
yeah poo poo's hosed up, the people of the world should be as brothers, or at least as cute anime girls doing cute things in a group like in K-On or GuP

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

love to have nationalism for an army that exists solely to buy US army surplus

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The fantasy people were no angels.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I'm a little lost on witch from Mercury, the gently caress is happening?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Bro Dad posted:

rip Air Gear

lol 🙏

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Hetalia was so weird

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

tokin opposition posted:

Everyone is trying to look out for Suletta by being incredibly mean

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

If Gundam has taught us anything than it's that you always can trust the mask guy. Nothing bad will come out of it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

tokin opposition posted:

Basically, there's a whole bunch of schemes going to become the king of business, or to upend the whole business king situation and make it so there's no more business king, or the business king's power is limited. At the same time, Earthians are rebelling against Spacian oppression, and different factions vis a vis the business king are trying to exploit that situation to their ends. What they don't know is, Prospera doesn't give a poo poo about the business king or the Earthians, she just wants to gently caress up everybody who wronged her, which it turns out is a longer list than we knew, and also do Quiet Zero which we don't what it is yet but is something between Human Instrumentality Project and Sons of the Patriots.

Also, everyone involved likes Suletta, the adorable Mercurian girl, and they decided that they had to keep her safe by Harry and the Hendersonsing her. Like, all of them, one after another, they all Harry and the Hendersonsed her, it was extremely traumatic.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

That's a good summary. Suletta's mom is the La Li Lu Le Lo.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Gripweed posted:

Basically, there's a whole bunch of schemes going to become the king of business, or to upend the whole business king situation and make it so there's no more business king, or the business king's power is limited. At the same time, Earthians are rebelling against Spacian oppression, and different factions vis a vis the business king are trying to exploit that situation to their ends. What they don't know is, Prospera doesn't give a poo poo about the business king or the Earthians, she just wants to gently caress up everybody who wronged her, which it turns out is a longer list than we knew, and also do Quiet Zero which we don't what it is yet but is something between Human Instrumentality Project and Sons of the Patriots.

Also, everyone involved likes Suletta, the adorable Mercurian girl, and they decided that they had to keep her safe by Harry and the Hendersonsing her. Like, all of them, one after another, they all Harry and the Hendersonsed her, it was extremely traumatic.

the big foot sitcom?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

New G-Witch episode dropped. Amazing levels of keikaku and suffering

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Honest Thief posted:

the big foot sitcom?

Yeah you know the part where the dad yells at the Bigfoot to make him go away?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
that part was always sad