Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I'm not even sure what Cody was supposed to do if -1 asked for tickets to Mania and/or to come see him win the title. "Don't bother kid, the story ain't finishin'"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Chris James 2 posted:

It in no way benefits Brodie's wife who was never on camera there before and never will be on camera there again to lie on a Twitter post their fans will never see referenced for an imaginary angle in a company she's not paid by. for starters

"Hey you guys want to be part of the show a little tonight?" Cody asks with that devilish grin.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Tweak posted:

I'm not even sure what Cody was supposed to do if -1 asked for tickets to Mania and/or to come see him win the title. "Don't bother kid, the story ain't finishin'"

Davros1 mentioned it, but there's a preshow clip where you can very clearly tell that Cody and Brandi only found out he was losing day of, so it's a situation where they've already flown in and he has to make the choice of telling them he's losing right before the show (which he might not even be allowed to do anyway) or letting them see him lay down for that Spear, brother.

According to Sapp, the finish was set weeks in advance, so them only telling Cody day of is even funnier.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Should've gotten Brock to beat -1's rear end too if it's all part of the story. Hard times

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

so he "knew" he was winning before the day of the show? because if he didn't know either way then he knew

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

flashy_mcflash posted:

Should've gotten Brock to beat -1's rear end too if it's all part of the story. Hard times

Preston Vance clapping and giving a thumbs up as Brock F5s Brodie Jr. into the second deck.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thinking about how dope Boombox Brock would be with Rush in LFI. Brock Lesnico

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
drat cold of SRS to not smarten up Cody in the weeks before Mania.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Cody only found out wrestling was scripted the morning of Wrestlemania. Up until then everything he had done was a shoot

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

MJeff posted:

Davros1 mentioned it, but there's a preshow clip where you can very clearly tell that Cody and Brandi only found out he was losing day of

does anyone have that clip

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Shard posted:

lol wow Brandi throwing shade. I need posting Tony.

I let Brandi’s contract expire because lmao you’ve got eyes and ears, right? #AEWDoN live on PPV this Sunday!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...nt=1&utm_term=1

lol

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Gotta respect the hustle

https://twitter.com/corpseofkawhi/status/1662208998626725888?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cody knows the joys of lying

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Oh good because he’ll be doing it a lot over the next few years

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That DICK! posted:

Oh good because he’ll be doing it a lot over the rest of his life

Fixed that for you because whenever he's done here he's absolutely going into politics

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the cody haters are going to be seething and coping when he wins his election for georgia house of representatives which he'll refer to as the big one his father always dreamed of winning

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Cody should run for governor of Georgia under the Reform Party ticket

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Cody should run back to aew so I can watch him wrestle again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RandolphCarter posted:

Cody should run back to aew so I can watch him wrestle again

He can't take the boos. He never could

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

He can't take the boos. He never could

Man who was the best heel in the business in 2018 reduced to this. Sad poo poo.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/reigns_era/status/1662264486516989953

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

wow, dom level heat

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

That ending sequence was really loving stupid.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

lol what a piece of poo poo.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

That wasn't even the tip of the iceberg, the Bianca segment was ripe with piped in noise as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUbDSUy6K7U

That's ignoring the fact that the promo itself was utterly wretched to the point of where it felt like they sent Asuka out there early to mercy kill it.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

TheKingslayer posted:

lol what a piece of poo poo.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
At least EMF gets to choose to watch

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

What a good guy Cody Rhodes is, he doesn't want to force his friends and colleagues in AEW to work in KSA, so he instead helps send the WWE folks there.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

You know, the funny thing about Brandi's tweet is unless it's a specific goal of Cody to wrestle in Saudi Arabia he's basically exactly where he was in AEW: doing 50/50 booking in an upper midcard match at the PPV/PLE.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Glad Tony fired this clown

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

Melzter says the plan is for Rhodes vs Reigns 2 at Wrestlemania.

Oh really? In which case, I hope to god they put that ugly-as-sin fake Big Gold on Cody at some stage so that we get this

edogawa rando posted:

I can't wait to see Roman with his three belts like he's the WWE's answer to Misawa in the 90s.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/monesmaker/status/1662261603444588545?s=20

This didn’t look all that terrible until I realized Bayley and Iyo are supposed to be on the same team lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cody killed a little kid.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://twitter.com/monesmaker/status/1662261603444588545?s=20

This didn’t look all that terrible until I realized Bayley and Iyo are supposed to be on the same team lol

Honestly the finish sucked but Bayley kinda overshot that jump and Io looking clueless didn't help. Regardless its baffling as hell that WWE keeps trying to make Raquel a thing when audiences have never given a poo poo about her.

If anyone deserves to be ripped apart in that match though its probably Shotzi for having the absolutely genius idea to try and suplex Bayley near the ropes, almost necking her.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Seth vs. AJ will open Blood Money.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Pylons posted:

Seth vs. AJ will open Blood Money.

Congratulations to whoever wins the Dumb Loser Nerd Belt That Doesn’t Matter, which is sure to have an incredible legacy going forward.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

A Fancy Hat posted:

Congratulations to whoever wins the Dumb Loser Nerd Belt That Doesn’t Matter, which is sure to have an incredible legacy going forward.

Isn't it taking the World Heavyweight titles lineage? Still better than whatever the gently caress the Universal title is.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

lol how the gently caress would they justify giving it the WHC lineage when they already unified that with the WWE title non-universal edition like a decade ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah even if WWE wants to pretend it's the old lineage, it's not. Roman is carrying that one around