Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

MonkeyLibFront posted:

Genuinely gutted that I'm down south for Liz Truss in Leigh, I'm assuming it's Wigan borough Leigh and not some other UK town. Not sure what the crack is with picketing and calling her a oval office is when I'm still employed by HM forces.

Might be Leigh-on-Sea, which one day will hopefully become Leigh-in-the-Sea

EDIT : History Snipe

In the year 1262 Adam de la Halle, French trouvère and musician, wrote the first operetta, "Le Jeu de la Feuillee".
I'm sure actually Trevor Snodgrass wrote that during 1261 in Faversham but those bloody woke foreigners won't accept it.

biglads fucked around with this message at 19:50 on May 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

leighz truss

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

MonkeyLibFront posted:

Genuinely gutted that I'm down south for Liz Truss in Leigh, I'm assuming it's Wigan borough Leigh and not some other UK town. Not sure what the crack is with picketing and calling her a oval office is when I'm still employed by HM forces.

You shouldn't picket her. It will give her the incorrect impression that she is relevant again.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1662076944848936962

:allears:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it’s almost like there’s a political party that’s invisible

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Any other leader wouldn't be 30.7 points behind

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/EamonnHolmes/status/1662173477732769794

I notice he said 'young people' in the plural. I also can't remember him being vocal about any of this until just now...

https://twitter.com/HamImages/status/1662182097904123916

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
The winner quit labour because of Starmer's approach.

https://www.thescarboroughnews.co.u...members-4090463

quote:

Yorkshire Council and Labour Party over ‘contempt’ shown to left-wing members
Tony Randerson has said he will be resigning from his role as a councillor on the unitary authority and from the Labour Party over concerns about the party’s political direction and leadership.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Philip schofield or something

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/EamonnHolmes/status/1662173477732769794

I notice he said 'young people' in the plural. I also can't remember him being vocal about any of this until just now...

https://twitter.com/HamImages/status/1662182097904123916

From 2020:

https://twitter.com/eamonnholmes/status/1225819870656434177?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's almost as if the whole country is held together through blackmail.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/NyeBeverage/status/1659996756845776902?s=20

Seems apt.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

You still post with some of that head boy energy tho

I still live with some of it mate, you are what you are.

Though sometimes people are just cunts and you’ve got to post at them about it. Sorry if I’ve offended you with my insightful and funny writing

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
lol remember him rendomly giving that paedo list to david cameron?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
there should be a special crime for what spacey and schofield did lol

nooo i'm gay actually don't look at the sex crimes i did i'm very brave for coming out :smug:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

crispix posted:

there should be a special crime for what spacey and schofield did lol

nooo i'm gay actually don't look at the sex crimes i did i'm very brave for coming out :smug:

“hey hey hey c’mon, I’m a gay guy, I’m just a gay guy, nooo, and also it’s my birthday, I’m a gay birthday boy” and it somehow always worked

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
our headboy punched me in the stomach once during a football game. i hated that school. years later it all came out in the newspaper scandels. if i was rich i would buy it and bulldoze it all. personally

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Didn't you spend 20 grand on a portable rec room for your builders that they never used

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

our headboy punched me in the stomach once during a football game. i hated that school. years later it all came out in the newspaper scandels. if i was rich i would buy it and bulldoze it all. personally

Wow, must be a quiet place if getting punched in the stomach is a newsworthy scandal years later

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Microplastics posted:

Didn't you spend 20 grand on a portable rec room for your builders that they never used

why is that relevant and no

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Jakabite posted:

Wow, must be a quiet place if getting punched in the stomach is a newsworthy scandal years later

lol yeah nah that wasnt in the scandal. Just cos we were on the topic of head boys reminded me. The sort of place that thought either nothing of or that it was beneficial to have a "head boy", turned out to be a rancid cesspit of corruption and putrid thought, sexism and all the rest what a loving surprise, I wish i had never stepped foot inside that place I am worse for it

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Lol looks like the border force has been hacked, passport egates down UK wide.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
In the good old days, a nice man would look at your passport, and if was the right colour and had the queen on it, he just waved you through. None of this AI nonsense. Let's go back to common sense.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

domhal posted:

In the good old days, a nice man would look at your passport, and if you where the right colour, he just waved you through. None of this AI nonsense. Let's go back to common sense.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

In the early 00s I got waved straight through passport control coming back into the UK from the US as soon as the guy in the little booth saw my burgundy passport come out of my pocket.

I don’t know if it’s just because I was the only person who went to the British passport queue or something so they figured “we were only expecting one and this is clearly him” or if it was even lazier than that and they just didn’t give a gently caress at all.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Terf Island: Home of large immobile egates

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

In the early 00s I got waved straight through passport control coming back into the UK from the US as soon as the guy in the little booth saw my burgundy passport come out of my pocket.

I don’t know if it’s just because I was the only person who went to the British passport queue or something so they figured “we were only expecting one and this is clearly him” or if it was even lazier than that and they just didn’t give a gently caress at all.

This happened to me when I walked into gib once, mainly I think to wind up the Monégasque man loudly remonstrating with the passport dude in front of me. Apparently they aren't allowed into Gibraltar.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I wish i had never stepped foot inside that place I am worse for it

My parents sent me to a posh all boys public school and it was just insanely violent all the time. It absolutely sucked and I hope it and places like it are shut down forever. Hated, hated, hated that school.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Having previously learnt about them in textbooks, they brought some girls in from the nearby girls school for us to experience when we were 17.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Having previously learnt about them in textbooks, they brought some girls in from the nearby girls school for us to experience when we were 17.

:staredog:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Computer, show me a group of people more deluded about the nature of reality than Qanons.

https://twitter.com/JSkeaping/status/1662377214728445952

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
David Milliband would have won because he was nakedly right wing enough for the press to not spend 100% of their time trying to savage him. Ed Milliband had a polling lead on the Tories for the majority of his run and it was due to endless capitulation to the party's right wing that the polling lead evaporated.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

That seems eminently plausible, not that Alistair Campbell would have helped, but the sequence of events

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Where does the porridge come from if you don't have a means of heating or storing milk?

Why not a double cheeseburger if we're talking nutrition per unit value without needing appliances?

Gonzo McFee posted:

David Milliband would have won because he was nakedly right wing enough for the press to not spend 100% of their time trying to savage him. Ed Milliband had a polling lead on the Tories for the majority of his run and it was due to endless capitulation to the party's right wing that the polling lead evaporated.
If the other Dave wins, that just means the referendum gets put off by a few years maybe, none of the underlying problems get fixed, Farage gets even more rabid at savaging the EU for allowing the Muslims, we probably bomb Syria and arm Alan Nusra's Not ISIS Front, there's a couple more terrorist attacks, and a worse Tory gets in. I don't see any of that stopping Trump.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You pound the oats with water in the cold as the poor ought to do.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Prefects weren't a thing in my school until I was in 5th year IIRC. Maybe 4th, but at least half way through High School. It was loving pointless, people only wanted to be a prefect because they got to go for lunch 5 minutes early, in theory because they were meant to spend lunch overseeing everyone else but in reality that absolutely did not happen. Seemed a waste of time but apparently universities liked it on applications

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
A lot of shite was put on uni application forms that noone gives a toss about.

Our headmistress was very strict - she wouldn't allow anyone to put 'reading' down as an interest. She said "If you're applying to university they expect you to enjoy reading". And she would give you the full inquisition on any interest you wrote down.
I had joined the Anti Apartheid Movement at the time and put that down as an interest, she gave me the full bright lamp & torture experience but I was a completely incoherent 16 year old on the subject I just knew Apartheid was wrong! She told me I better read up on it if I was going to insist on putting it on the application.
Fortunately, as I was applying for an extreme-STEM subject and only 5 unis offered it and we were only allowed to put in 5 applications on our UCCA forms back in the olden days, interviewers were more interested in my aptitude for differential equations than my opinions on hot political topics of the day.

We had this teacher that used to go around saying "if you're not going to get an A it's not worth doing the O-level" (A was the top grade back in those days and O-levels were still pass/fail unlike couple of years later when there was no such thing as 'pass/fail' but everyone knew if you didn't get C (or the equivalent in other exam boards - they were all different grading systems back then) you had effectively failed. Noone gives a monkey's about your O-level (GCSE/BTEC/whatever) grades or even most of the time your degree grades once you're out in the 'real world'.

We didn't have prefects either at the school I was in for sixth form (Yr 12/13 in the new money). It was expected all sixth formers would have duties.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 15:01 on May 27, 2023

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Someone should write a letter in extolling the virtue of a diet of soylent green and corpse starch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

History Comes Inside! posted:

were you doing a cockney walk and loudly singing knees up mother brown at the time