Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Wiebe.
This poll is closed.
Steve Wiebe. 30 42.25%
Steve Wiebe. 41 57.75%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

hatty posted:

I don’t think they can go after Dolphin itself just it being on a major store. Thanks Bleem

they're alleging that dolphin has their secret wii decryption keys baked in, which would be legitimate (in the legal sense) grounds to block it under the DMCA

retroarch is already on steam and nintendo can't do poo poo about that because it doesn't include any of their keys or code

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Waffleman_ posted:

The government should institute a universal basic income paid out in Nintendo eshop cards

Finally a proposal with 100% bipartisan support :hmmyes:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lol no. The Ds are Sony fanboys and the Rs are xboxheads

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kxcXZi3WpQ

A new Dragon Quest Monsters game is in development for Switch

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Fusionless monster catching? Nay, a gate has been opened and even though I have not passed through it yet, I can not look back

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
drat what the gently caress, that Dungeons and Dragons movie has NO RIGHT to be as good and fun as it was.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

It looked rough for a while back there, but I guess this means the monster-catching genre is finally good again

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Through part 1 of Shovel Knight: The King Knight Version, feels good to be running and jumping again (and shoulder tackling for the first time).

External Organs posted:

drat what the gently caress, that Dungeons and Dragons movie has NO RIGHT to be as good and fun as it was.

Yeah it was great, Hugh Grant in particular was top-tier casting.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

External Organs posted:

Gonna go see it again next week at a second-run pub theatre with some friends. I haven't seen a new movie twice in theatres in like a decade.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/TeamFortress/status/1529970640224018433?s=20

Happy anniversary!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Finally. The switch gets a second game

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

verbal enema posted:

I should pick Pentiment back up I got as far as starting the first day and walking out the front doot

doot doot motherfucker its time to finish your almanac painting!!!

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

the Gollum game is such an interesting failure

there's an animal-breeding gameplay segment. herding your companion is some Brutal Legend genre switch. hell there's new mechanics every 20 minutes but none of them are kept for long. an evil jailer man teaches gollum falconry. the falcon is not a falcon and it has turkey sounds but it's not a turkey either

enchanting. best bad game of the decade so far

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://i.imgur.com/fBBR42e.mp4

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

god it's been a while since we had a major release this janky

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

rocket slime or go to hell

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

they recycled the Platypunk theme for DQ Treasures and that was the only cool part of the game tbh

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

$60 USD

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Vermain posted:

god it's been a while since we had a major release this janky

"major"

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

it's an upper midshelf release for what's currently a hot IP that got an outsized amount of marketing. i don't make the rules

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Am I bad/simple/otherwise wrong in thinking the FFXVI character designs are bland?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Am I bad/simple/otherwise wrong in thinking the FFXVI character designs are bland?

The thing I can’t get past is that none of them have the right voice. Everyone opens their mouth and I squint in confusion.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Rinkles posted:

they seem good to me. i guess they could use more belts

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1662181021268451329

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

They look like they belong in a Castlevania game, they're cool

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Clive Rosfield

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deYrwTjT5CQ

The tie-in game to the Dragon Quest anime is releasing worldwide September 28

Strash??????

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

bone emulator posted:

Clive Rosfield

fucks

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

External Organs posted:

Actually it did because the Game Night directors are pretty solid at what they do!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ramie posted:

the Gollum game is such an interesting failure

there's an animal-breeding gameplay segment. herding your companion is some Brutal Legend genre switch. hell there's new mechanics every 20 minutes but none of them are kept for long. an evil jailer man teaches gollum falconry. the falcon is not a falcon and it has turkey sounds but it's not a turkey either

enchanting. best bad game of the decade so far

Their Twitter apology had the usual "we'll work to fix the game" stuff in it, but like what are they going to patch? The performance, while abysmal, is kind of the least of the game's problems. There's just too many fundamental flaws in the design itself.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Gollum looks pretty bad but not even in a fun-bad way like Wanted: Dead. It's just sad.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Gollum looks pretty bad but not even in a fun-bad way like Wanted: Dead. It's just sad.

It's bad in a take a "take it out the back of the stables and put it down with a gun to end it's misery" way

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Like at the end of the day even if you get all the bugs out of it, is the world really clamouring for a "Gollum raises birds, and does chores for a rando you never met" game?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Srice posted:

Actually it did because the Game Night directors are pretty solid at what they do!

I'd never heard of this! Sounds like another winner.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

It's not like games cost more or less depending on how good or bad they are.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

A terrible thing to say about the Grashneg. Why would you do this!?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I had never heard of this Gollum game until the bad reviews started coming out, how long ago was it first announced?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

C-Euro posted:

I had never heard of this Gollum game until the bad reviews started coming out, how long ago was it first announced?

i believe the game awards trailer was the first inkling back in 2021, but it ate a long delay about 6? months ago

seems like a pretty clear case of a small studio biting off way more than they could chew

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

C-Euro posted:

I feel like it was announced during covid lockdown?? and then delayed a few times.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I for one look forward to the youtube video essay on what happened to the development of The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

bone emulator posted:

I for one look forward to the youtube video essay on what happened to the development of The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

all the detective work you really need is to look up daedalic entertainment's wiki page and see that their catalogue is almost top-to-bottom visual novels and point-and-click adventure games

this isn't to imply that these are lesser genres or anything, mind you, but the technical complexity of a 3D action-parkour platformer on UE4 is several orders of magnitude above what the team had worked with before, so trying to make the transition to that and fulfill the expectations of an IP as bejeweled as LotR is just a catastrophic miscalculation by management