Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate is up for free on Epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Waffleman_ posted:

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate is up for free on Epic

By now, who not only doesn't own that game but hasn't put like 200 hours into it?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Large Testicles posted:

By now, who not only doesn't own that game but hasn't put like 200 hours into it?

it me

ah gently caress, and now i never will

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I've never had a legitimate copy and I've barely put any time into it, so meee

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

i haven't played it since launch and barely remember it, so this is a nice surprise. i'll definitely (not) play it

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I bought it three times on Xbox 360 (midnight launch, ultimate edition, and then the disc got scratched) and bought it on sale on steam before I even had a PC capable of playing it. So may as well grab it on EGS as well.

This and Death Stranding don't seem like amazing surprise titles that you'd build a whole themed giveaway around, given DS was already on giveaway just a few months ago

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Large Testicles posted:

Me. I will never own that game.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Large Testicles posted:

Me, I have like 200 hours put into it. But afterwards I wasn't in the mood to buy all the DLC so I am still missing them.
Now I finally can finalize the decision to never play them.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1661780715917258779?t=5G-IvF6Hfn61LK-dQxL33A&s=19

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?
Warhammer 40K: Gladius - Relics of War is now free on Steam until June 1. https://store.steampowered.com/app/489630/Warhammer_40000_Gladius__Relics_of_War/

It's a 4X game with good reviews, so I'm excited to try it. I think it was also given away on EGS recently

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
GOG is also giving away a Warhammer Digital Goodie Pack on their frontpage that includes a free copy of Final Liberation: Warhammer Epic 40,000.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
To save you a click that Final Liberation game is some crummy 2D tactics game from 1997.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Final Liberation has hilarious Command and Conquer style FMV cutscenes of people in the best 40k cosplay an underfunded game dev in the mid 90s could buy.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I mean at the low low cost of literally nothing there's no reason not to add it to your library.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Lib and let die posted:

it me

ah gently caress, and now i never will

Already had it on GOG, never played it. Confused the Epic version with Fallout 76 which I will never play because it's an online game... and also on Epic, of course.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

The Kins posted:

GOG is also giving away a Warhammer Digital Goodie Pack on their frontpage that includes a free copy of Final Liberation: Warhammer Epic 40,000.

I remember having a demo of this when I was younger and playing it to death.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
Looking at all the people who haven't played FO:NV in this thread: It smells of TERFs.

100% a joke

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Large Testicles posted:

Looking at all the people who haven't played FO:NV in this thread: It smells of TERFs.

100% a joke

Don't spoiler your signature.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

~Coxy posted:

To save you a click that Final Liberation game is some crummy 2D tactics game from 1997.
Well then I'll get it for free so I don't have to worry about playing it. :v:

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Large Testicles posted:

I don't know what TERF stands for and I'm not going to check, but I am horribly offended.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Large Testicles posted:

100% a joke

What's the joke?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

JustJeff88 posted:

I don't know what TERF stands for and I'm not going to check, but I am horribly offended.
Really? TERFs are trans-exclusionary radical feminists, AKA the JK Rowling/Graham Linehan horrible transphobe types.
The joke is that Fallout NV is considered a very popular game among trans women.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
TERFs are people who believe that women deserve all the same rights and protections as men, unless they have big hands. Or, usually, unless they are slatterns who are got with child out of wedlock

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I have FO:NV on 360 and bounced off it pretty hard. Can’t wait to think “huh I should play that” forever while it sits in my Epic library

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

A friend from my WoW days randomly saw I was having trouble getting Fallout 3 to work on my PC a few years ago. He ended up walking me through installing a mod that fixed a bunch of bugs AND merged together FO3 and FONV into one game. Two separate maps you could fast travel between whenever you wanted, on the same character and save file. It was great but my computer died a few weeks later and I lost that save file and I never went back

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

*nods sagely* A Tale Of Two Wastelands. There are a bunch of Fallout 3 mods converted to New Vegas mods so they can be used with it. If anyone feels like trying it out there's an installation guide available here: https://thebestoftimes.moddinglinked.com/

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Beve Stuscemi posted:

I have FO:NV on 360 and bounced off it pretty hard. Can’t wait to think “huh I should play that” forever while it sits in my Epic library

I powered through the bugs and had the time and RSI of my life :kiddo:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

You could also find a modpack that includes it on Wabbajack which will just download it for you and set everything up correctly. This does involve a lot of clicking to approve each individual download if you don't have a Nexus Premium account but it'd involve even more to set up the same thing manually.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022

2house2fly posted:

*nods sagely* A Tale Of Two Wastelands. There are a bunch of Fallout 3 mods converted to New Vegas mods so they can be used with it. If anyone feels like trying it out there's an installation guide available here: https://thebestoftimes.moddinglinked.com/

Note that this is not compatible with FNV on Epic Game store.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Blurb3947 posted:

You have to be loving kidding me.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
yeah, the modding tools weren't updated to the version on the epic game store, but there should be a way to downgrade the exe over here when it comes back up: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/81281

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

2house2fly posted:

TTW is ace. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and without ever setting foot in the Mojave desert.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Blurb3947 posted:

Does it work on the version from the GOG store? Because they gave it away for free too at one point, IIRC. I have it in my library both on Epic and GOG now :newlol:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Commander Keene posted:

Does it work on the version from the GOG store? Because they gave it away for free too at one point, IIRC. I have it in my library both on Epic and GOG now :newlol:
According to the guide, TTW setup works with both Steam and GOG versions of both games, and you can use the EGS version of Fallout 3 to get the necessary data. The versions that don't work are the EGS, Windows Store/Game Pass and all German versions of New Vegas.

SennyYak
May 10, 2010
Hue is available for free on Steam if you claim it before June 8.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

HopperUK posted:

What's the joke?

there's a running joke in some online lgbt communities that trans women all really love fallout new vegas, e.g.:

seems like poster Large Testicles was riffing on that

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

there's a running joke in some online lgbt communities that trans women all really love fallout new vegas, e.g.:

seems like poster Large Testicles was riffing on that

Ohhh thank you! I mean I assume they do, and so do every other kind of person, because it's great. I should install it again.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

New Vegas is the only game that you can play even if you got it for free. There's an exception for that in the rules. Yes, that's how much it rocks.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

New Vegas is the only game that you can play even if you got it for free. There's an exception for that in the rules. Yes, that's how much it rocks.

Mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I may play it.

Yeah, you'll need at least a few to get it stable