Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I was invited to a reunion by a kid I thought was a complete oval office, looked at the message board and it was all the cunts who made my life hell at school, so I used the handy contact list to block them all and then played viddy games.

E: mods are having a nap, post Forbidden Dogs

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 18:40 on May 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/2012Studies/status/1662146161250123790

... yikes...

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He means earning a crust in the literal sense too

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
our big school reunion (which had been yearly up to that point) got cancelled since our year apparently all hated each other and no-one wanted to go

and they haven’t had one since

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

fuctifino posted:

... yikes...
A 'shower' :hitler:

Definite stochastic terrorism moment from "it's only a matter of time until someone runs one of these people over or batters them, which I'm not suggesting they do"

It is only a matter of time, with all that's going on, that one of our viewers rams the gates of Downing Street, and that would be a terrible thing, absolutely terrible, especially if they were a paedo and hadn't destroyed their hard drive in advance.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Got one in a couple of weeks. Not 100% sure I'll go yet but the lunch is normally pretty good and there are a couple of friends I've stayed in touch with over the years going. Also there's a big change in the organisation after this school year so it won't be the same ever again.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

LMAO

https://twitter.com/scots_cat/status/1662467390259736576

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

why are the views of a haunted rod stewart waxwork considered important :confused:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He ripped off a lot of plumbers and got rich.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

crispix posted:

my mum surprised me a bit this week: she loved the queen and watched the royalbabywillsandkate weddings and all that guff but i asked her why she didn't go to see the king when he was visiting here this week and she got a bit cross and reticent and would only say that that camilla was a horrible old slapper and not her queen

Yeah that actually seems a pretty common sentiment among even otherwise-royalists. Chuck may not have done himself a favour by having her right up there next to him on the fancy chair.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
:siren: BREAKING :siren:

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Cracking headline.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Time to switch to the superior Ripple.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
You mean a twirl. A twirl is a flake that comes in a container

You know, how it should've been designed in the first place

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

No, a Ripple, because it tastes so much better. I will accept Twirl as a substitute though.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Apology accepted

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Broke Flake Britain :argh:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Flake too flakey.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Remember back when we had proper Flakes? None of this modern rubbish.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

WhatEvil posted:

Remember back when we had proper Flakes? None of this modern rubbish.

And vaguely titillating Flake adverts in the 80s.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Microplastics posted:

You mean a twirl. A twirl is a flake that comes in a container

You know, how it should've been designed in the first place

It was literally advertised as "the crumbliest, flakiest chocolate" during the entire heyday of the 99. It's a bit late to complain now.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I haven’t felt a single thing since the 1992 Cadbury’s Caramel Bunny ad campaign.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Ears burning

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Jasper Fforde wrote a novel about being horny for the caramel bunny

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I remember my friend using a twirl as a straw to drink hot chocolate.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

And vaguely titillating Flake adverts in the 80s.

The horniest choc adverts remains the furry Cadbury caramel campaign.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

TwoShanks posted:

Similarly almost all schools require teachers to wear a suit and tie.

I get away with trousers, shirt, tie. Wore a jacket for the first couple of years but decided to stop that nonsense. It's up there with my least favourite things about the job. Female teachers at my school get a much more relaxed dress code. I get so jealous of PE teachers wearing shorts all year round.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'd rather ditch the tie than the jacket. Except in this weather then skip both.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sad Panda posted:

I get away with trousers, shirt, tie. Wore a jacket for the first couple of years but decided to stop that nonsense. It's up there with my least favourite things about the job. Female teachers at my school get a much more relaxed dress code. I get so jealous of PE teachers wearing shorts all year round.

One of my brothers was a labtech in a comprehensive school and just wore a t-shirt under his white coat.

Then the school became an academy & the head teacher got a payrise to something well north of £100k. She then said every male member of staff (teacher or not) had to wear a tie. My bro doesn't do ties for anyone or anything. He quit rather than wear a tie. And as he was almost the last labtech because they kept getting rid of labtechs to save money that put the head in a bit of a bind.

TwoShanks
Feb 27, 2007

Robots of the world unite

Sad Panda posted:

I decided to stop wearing a suit at february half term and wear t-shirt, black cargo trousers and hiking shoes every day. Nobody mentioned it until last week, then my head of faculty asked. I just said I don't like wearing suits and also the dress code is sexist, she was wearing a white t-shirt with birds on it at the time. We have agreed I can just keep going until SLT notice.

Some students asked about it so I told them suits are just a way of dividing the working class and I refuse to go along with it because it doesn't affect my ability to teach physics.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i dont think my school had any labtechs so i reckon they can do without

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i dont think my school had any labtechs so i reckon they can do without

Did your school just not do Chemistry?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Or the school was built like one of those weirdo aristo houses where the labtechs could remain unseen at all times.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

yeah maybe they did exist and i just never noticed

dropping my chemical concoctions on the plebs below me to be mysteriously cleaned away

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
*the labtechs, finally getting something to eat*

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

forkboy84 posted:

Did your school just not do Chemistry?

I don't think my school had technicians either, the chemistry classes were in special classrooms with these huge wooden benches linked up to the gas, and cupboards that contained lab equipment underneath. I think the chemistry teachers mostly did the tech work, maybe? I'm not sure exactly what that work would have involved. but I never met a tech, at least, not even when I was doing failing Advanced Higher Chemistry.

I'm also boggling a bit at the assertion that teachers are expected to wear a suit and tie. Maybe I just never noticed the jackets of the male teachers if they'd hung them up somewhere but they wore shirts and most of them but definitely not all wore ties, but there's really only one teacher (other than the head teacher, of course) I can remember actually wearing a suit jacket.

Mind you my school didn't require pupils to wear shirts, ties or blazers (at the time) so maybe mine was the exception and I never realised we were so unusual. Or it's a complete false memory and they were all wearing suits and I've just forgotten.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
At mine the labtechs usually did what they do (stock checking, replacing depleted chemicals, cleaning, safely disposing of the different wastes, making sure broken glassware is noted and replaced) between lessons in the labs, so you could easily have missed them if you weren't aware.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Guavanaut posted:

*the labtechs, finally getting something to eat*

who gave permithion for thith likeneth to be uthed? :mad:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Reveilled posted:

I don't think my school had technicians either, the chemistry classes were in special classrooms with these huge wooden benches linked up to the gas, and cupboards that contained lab equipment underneath. I think the chemistry teachers mostly did the tech work, maybe? I'm not sure exactly what that work would have involved. but I never met a tech, at least, not even when I was doing failing Advanced Higher Chemistry.

Yeah, my schools labtech (maybe there were 2?) did a good job of avoiding the kids, & who can blame him? But definitely existed. More about the preparation of chemicals before you'd get to play with them, ordering new stuff in, making sure that Biology had cows liver to chuck in acid & show how stomachs dissolve food, or that the multimeter for Physics isn't broken.

Like, if you got the demo of a Group 1 metal chucked in water, it was the labtech who made sure the lithium was kept in oil. Obviously more to it than that, but that's just the first example that comes to mind. poo poo was 21 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I don't remember any lab techs at my school (80s); the teachers set everything up. Which is probably how I once somehow ended up in possession of a box of alpha emitters and realised "I could do all kinds of amusing things with these if I was evil." [eyes pockets of kids I dislike] Luckily for them, I wasn't.