Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Joe Fisto posted:

I mean, it was a joke

Be funnier!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
It's true that Tom Cruise Iron Man would've saved MoM. The Illuminati we got was lame.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Shageletic posted:

Be funnier!

I’m going to buy this place and make it a requirement for people to like my jokes. I’m inspired my my favorite emerald mine owner.

it also wasn’t my joke

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

live with fruit posted:

It's true that Tom Cruise Iron Man would've saved MoM. The Illuminati we got was lame.

I'd say the combination of Captain Carter, Anson Mount, and Patrick Stewart with the musical stinger from the X-Men cartoon was worthwhile for nostalgia/callback points. Until Jim from the Office showed up and shat on it all.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Illuminati were cool.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

theironjef posted:

Four foot five Iron Man suit aggressively jogging in place... I think that's RDJ in there!

you're right that's a bit tall for RDJ

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Admiralty Flag posted:

I'd say the combination of Captain Carter, Anson Mount, and Patrick Stewart with the musical stinger from the X-Men cartoon was worthwhile for nostalgia/callback points. Until Jim from the Office showed up and shat on it all.

They went to nerd with it, with the guy from the show nobody watched and a popular fancasting. Plus Krasinski was confusing (as Olsen can attest). Moreso than Cruise, Craig would've been really effective since he was more Avenger adjacent.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Joe Fisto posted:

I’m going to buy this place and make it a requirement for people to like my jokes. I’m inspired my my favorite emerald mine owner.

it also wasn’t my joke

I for one will be your first reply guy lol

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Admiralty Flag posted:

Do you wanna get into more why he was such an awful presence for you? He just seemed like an exposition bot with a constipated look to me but I'm always down for people making GBS threads on CIA Krasinkski

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't have weird hangups about actors from old tv shows (or new ones I barely know exist) or ones with famous older siblings or parents or some weird casting rumor from a decade ago so I just thought the Illuminati was a fun little thing.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

live with fruit posted:

Plus Krasinski was confusing (as Olsen can attest).

I don't know why they didn't just use Gruffard if they planned to recast anyways

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Opopanax posted:

I don't know why they didn't just use Gruffard if they planned to recast anyways

They did have Jessica Alba in the scene, though.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Opopanax posted:

Cause those movies weren't popular.

Whoever it was should've had some gravitas. Strange starts clowning on Reed immediately and he just takes it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Shageletic posted:

Do you wanna get into more why he was such an awful presence for you? He just seemed like an exposition bot with a constipated look to me but I'm always down for people making GBS threads on CIA Krasinkski

yeah he was fine, but I never watched american office

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

live with fruit posted:

Cause those movies weren't popular.

I don't think you can make this argument when they used Anson Mount

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Opopanax posted:

I don't think you can make this argument when they used Anson Mount

Black Bolt wasn't leading the team. They treated him like a blunt object. The main guy needed some presence.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

They also had to inform and show what Balckbolt’s powers actually were.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

“Why didn’t they do the Easter egg I thought of instead of one of the Easter eggs they did?” feels like a particularly self frustrating line of analysis or critique.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

The Dave posted:

They also had to inform and show what Balckbolt’s powers actually were.

All for a Easter egg only serious MCU nerds are going to get. And even then still not an Agents of SHIELD reference.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

live with fruit posted:

And even then still not an Agents of SHIELD reference.
Good

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

live with fruit posted:

All for a Easter egg only serious MCU nerds are going to get. And even then still not an Agents of SHIELD reference.

Didn't SHIELD get a reference with that one HYDRA agent that got pulled out of a car in Winter Soldier?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
All movies are stupid, I don’t know why people watch them

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

theironjef posted:

Didn't SHIELD get a reference with that one HYDRA agent that got pulled out of a car in Winter Soldier?

Sitwell was in a few SHIELD episodes, but first appeared in Thor.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

live with fruit posted:

Pip the Troll is a Koenig variant.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

howe_sam posted:

Pip the Troll is a Koenig variant.

ugh that reminds me of how terrible the CGI was on pip.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

live with fruit posted:

Black Bolt wasn't leading the team. They treated him like a blunt object. The main guy needed some presence.

Xavier was the main guy.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

MoM was great… Dr Strange is 2/2 for good movies

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

MoM was great… Dr Strange is 1.5/2 for good movies

Fixed it for me

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

There's a rumor that Raimi is going to be directing one of the upcoming Avengers movies. I don't believe it, but I want to.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I really liked MoM but... that's a weird choice, IMO!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Arist posted:

I really liked MoM but... that's a weird choice, IMO!

It’s Secret Wars which I can assume will be weird, but it’s still just a rumor

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 27, 2023

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Rewatching the Spider-Man movies, those work because there's a lot of Raimi in there. There's a decent amount in MoM but would they really let him make an Avengers movie his own?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I just caught a bit of the 2007 Ghost Rider and it’s astonishing how cheap and crappy it looks, considering it had a $110m budget. By comparison, Iron Man came out a year later, only had a slightly higher budget ($140m) and still looks great.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Marvel just posted a conversation between Feige and Favreau about the 15th anniversary of Iron Man and they mentioned that Favreau got the job because he knew how to use special effects.

Favreau also said they had previously talked to RDJ about Doctor Doom and Feige played dumb.

live with fruit fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 28, 2023

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Give Raimi a Midnight Suns movie

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Opopanax posted:

That would be great

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Opopanax posted:

I'd be all for that.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Opopanax posted:

There we go.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Sam Raimi's Man-Thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Give Raimi a Terror Inc movie