Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Shiroc posted:

Lol girl shes super into you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Shiroc posted:

Lol girl shes super into you.

gently caress, and i even toned down a lot of the details

this could be good, i really like her, it's just unexpected? she's a cool urban lesbian Xena-loving stoner and i'm a clocky older trans woman who does farm stuff and also stoner

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

how do i not gently caress this up

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Gravid Topiary posted:

be honest, direct about your needs, wants and desires, and trust her to be interested in making it work the same as you and sacrifice a goat to satan before every time you hang out

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Gravid Topiary posted:

she likes you so you can just keep doing what you're doing and say things like "wanna hold hands?" or "can I kiss you" if you want to do those things and see where it goes. It might not work and that's fine but congratulations A Girl Likes You and you can carry that forward with her and others in the future

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Trans

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Gravid Topiary posted:

she likes you. be yourself. talk to her and express yourself.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

tokin opposition posted:

be honest, direct about your needs, wants and desires, and trust her to be interested in making it work the same as you and sacrifice a goat to satan before every time you hang out
okay, honesty and directness i can do, and wrt satan we did apologize to the goddess of the forest and she threw a cigarette into the (fake propane) campfire and the rain stopped, so that's goat adjacent

Shiroc posted:

she likes you so you can just keep doing what you're doing and say things like "wanna hold hands?" or "can I kiss you" if you want to do those things and see where it goes. It might not work and that's fine but congratulations A Girl Likes You and you can carry that forward with her and others in the future
:derp: okay that's a great way to frame it

i might ask her if she wants to watch Xena with me when i'm at her place, she's wildly into xena and goes to xena lesbian retreats and stuff. would that be too much? i've never seen much of the show

also i texted her yesterday and she never replied so i'm assuming the worst, because i am a chump

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Gravid Topiary posted:

i might ask her if she wants to watch Xena with me when i'm at her place, she's wildly into xena and goes to xena lesbian retreats and stuff. would that be too much? i've never seen much of the show

Watching Xena with her would be excellent because it would an opportunity for her to share something she's passionate about with you. Again, just be honest that you haven't seen much of it. And be honest if you aren't into it either, just not in a dickish way. Lying about being into it just to make her happy would be a bad foundation to the relationship.

And if she starts feeling you up, loving take that for the signal it is.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Gravid Topiary posted:

also i texted her yesterday and she never replied so i'm assuming the worst, because i am a chump

poo poo happens, so don't

but also hurry up with the goat. black hood, obsidian knife

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Gravid Topiary posted:

she gave me her phone # after we were hanging around the campfire until 2am talking buffy vs angel and i kind of forgot about it until two days later when she contacted me by getting my # through my cousin, and she texted me to remind me again that i had an open invitation to crash at her place any time, and after txting back and forth about our feelings vis-a-vis the best spice girl (Mel C) she texted that i was the most amazing person she'd ever met, and i'm not used to people saying things like that about me (as i am a goon)

what a cringe paragraph

this is heartwarming but i regret to inform you that buffy was better if u watched it in highschool and angel was better if u watched it after graduating & before getting your poo poo together

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Gravid Topiary posted:

she gave me her phone # after we were hanging around the campfire until 2am talking buffy vs angel and i kind of forgot about it until two days later when she contacted me by getting my # through my cousin, and she texted me to remind me again that i had an open invitation to crash at her place any time, and after txting back and forth about our feelings vis-a-vis the best spice girl (Mel C) she texted that i was the most amazing person she'd ever met, and i'm not used to people saying things like that about me (as i am a goon)

what a cringe paragraph

this sounds like romantic interest great job

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

this sounds like romantic interest great job

this

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

blatman posted:

just watch to see how much their pupils dilate when u make eye contact like a normal person

Do normies actually do this??

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

War and Pieces posted:

Do normies actually do this??

no i stole it from 7of9 when she was trying to bone down with perma ensign harry kim

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

"captain can i get a promotion so my career isn't permanently hosed once we get back to the alpha quadrant?"

"no and also i'm going to treat u like a literal child and officially reprimand u if you get any alien strange during this voyage"

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

tokin opposition posted:

How did you realize you were a part of the community

I saw my friend with his shirt off and it made me feel a way. But in a good way.

Idk. I'm pansexual but in a very hetero cis presenting relationship. It feels like cheating. And I feel like I'm invading queer spaces when I show up with my wife.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Zurtilik posted:

I saw my friend with his shirt off and it made me feel a way. But in a good way.

Idk. I'm pansexual but in a very hetero cis presenting relationship. It feels like cheating. And I feel like I'm invading queer spaces when I show up with my wife.

as a bisexual i feel like im invading queer spaces when i show up with or without my wife

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
As a straight-passing, muscular cis white male gay, I feel welcomed and accepted everywhere!

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

thank u all for the advice everyone, this is a wildly new world to me and i'm still recalibrating my mentals. she replied back today and we're chattin' so :cool:

1stGear posted:

Watching Xena with her would be excellent because it would an opportunity for her to share something she's passionate about with you. Again, just be honest that you haven't seen much of it. And be honest if you aren't into it either, just not in a dickish way. Lying about being into it just to make her happy would be a bad foundation to the relationship.
i wanna watch Xena! its dumb but back in the day i would get the vibe that "this show is for lesbians only" and i got all neurotic that i shouldn't be watching it because people would think i was watching it for pervy cis dude purposes :/

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Gravid Topiary posted:

thank u all for the advice everyone, this is a wildly new world to me and i'm still recalibrating my mentals. she replied back today and we're chattin' so :cool:

i wanna watch Xena! its dumb but back in the day i would get the vibe that "this show is for lesbians only" and i got all neurotic that i shouldn't be watching it because people would think i was watching it for pervy cis dude purposes :/

Yeah the recalibration is a lot. Things get easier in a lot of ways because you can start breaking those blocks of feeling like you can't or shouldn't engage with certain things because your brain is telling you something is off. Thanks to tactless friends, I also know that people will start interpreting things you do differently. Ways that come off as really odd for a 'cishet guy' to act will suddenly make sense in their mental models so they're more at ease with you.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

yea im a straight cis guy and ive got one long term male friend, dont really enjoy hanging out with men, and have always had a bunch of women friends so what

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Wheeee posted:

yea im a straight cis guy and ive got one long term male friend, dont really enjoy hanging out with men, and have always had a bunch of women friends so what

T-minus 3 days to transition

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Denial separators GO

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

im gay

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Gravid Topiary posted:

xena had a lot of young girls and boys thinking "I hope this is the episode where they kiss" it's an extremely formative show for millennial sexuality

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Hell yeah Xena is camp as poo poo and it owns

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
They nearly did another season of Xena a few years back and according to Lucy Lawless it was going to be gay as all hell and I'm sorry that it didn't get picked up.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Hercules also had a lot of young girls and boys hoping this was the episode where they kiss, but unlike Xena it's now tainted by its lead being a chud.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

1stGear posted:

Hercules also had a lot of young girls and boys hoping this was the episode where they kiss, but unlike Xena it's now tainted by its lead being a chud.

Sorbo wasn't as bad before he got brain damage.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Shiroc posted:

Ways that come off as really odd for a 'cishet guy' to act will suddenly make sense in their mental models so they're more at ease with you.
this has been so wild to see in my life in the last little while -- some of my friends who were cool with me being a gay dude (which i never said i was but you know) have gone silent since i started transitioning, and other older friends that i'd grown distant from have reappeared and are supportive and excited. it's been really helpful having a LOT of openly queer cousins around to talk to, but none of them are trans so they don't know much about like where to get cheap hair removal :shrug:

1stGear posted:

xena had a lot of young girls and boys thinking "I hope this is the episode where they kiss" it's an extremely formative show for millennial sexuality
today i started suavely texting her and talking about gardening and fanfics, and i talked about me not knowing anything about Xena and needing some education, and hoorah she's excited to watch them with me! :smug:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Gravid Topiary posted:

today i started suavely texting her and talking about gardening and fanfics, and i talked about me not knowing anything about Xena and needing some education, and hoorah she's excited to watch them with me! :smug:

Smoother than Lando Calrissian in a ruffled silk shirt.

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

as a bisexual i will be celebrating pride month the only way i know how: by being annoying and having obnoxious fashion sense

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Happy pride month, to the C-SPAM LGBTQQIP2SAA thread.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Happy pride month, to the C-SPAM LGBTQQIP2SAA thread.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
[deep sigh, pulling the ON lever on the "kink at pride discourse" machine]

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
actually with all the hosed up laws this year does this mean kink at pride is illegal in like tennessee and florida

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Al! posted:

actually with all the hosed up laws this year does this mean kink at pride is illegal in like tennessee and florida

I guess we will see!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Al! posted:

Unless you're the Tennessee Lt. Gov. Then ogling hot twinks is fine but nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I don't think it's that important for people to be able to buy stupid looking twee rainbow poo poo at Target. That is my opinion as a gay with some fashion sense.