Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
cross posting this here for the misericode readers because its a new important detail

Snooze Cruise posted:

So for people who finished Misericorde and seen the secret scene, there is a new CG up on the game's twitter that answers some questions that was orginally meant to be in the game.
https://twitter.com/MisericordeVn/status/1656485822491934720

So the simplest answer to this is the game pulled some sleight of hand with the secret scene. Its not that time jump forward, but backwards and that littleoldme in the nun outfit is a misdirection in that its actually the most modern point in the timeline so far. We the reader are accessing this information at that point of time as well, and Hedwig handing off the documents was another point of misdirection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venerealmelon
May 27, 2023
I'm losing my mind over how well written Umineko is. I just finished reading chapter 3, and it's impressive how 07 beautifully writes these characters and gets me to care about almost every single one of them. I would for sure make a deal with a golden witch if it gave me 07's writing prowess haha. The soundtrack also fits perfectly. I loved Higurashi but felt it dragged with pointless scenes (curry contest) and also felt some of the answer arcs were just beating dead horses (Meakashi + Minagoroshi). With that being said I still found it incredible and quickly became my favorite vn. In my experience of reading Umineko there has not been a single scene I was bored reading and only 1 character I find completely uninteresting. I am so excited to read 4-8 , but I'm going to be super sad when I'm done with it (which is ok because this vn has made me cry enough haha).

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Venerealmelon posted:

In my experience of reading Umineko there has not been a single scene I was bored reading and only 1 character I find completely uninteresting.

Poor George Hideyoshi

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's George. Let's not fool ourselves.

Venerealmelon
May 27, 2023
No way I could find George boring, he's such a charmer (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧. And yeah, Hideyoshi is a bit on the dull side but I love his goofy smile and he's such a good natured uncle. I meant Godha. Yeah he can cook real well but he doesn't really have a relationship with anyone, and he was a bit of an rear end to the servants for no reason in ch 1.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
I love Gohda because as presented he's just a guy with not much going on who's an rear end in a top hat but not enough that it really feels justified to kill him.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
me when gohda is in a scene: let him cook

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

...Gohda? ......I hate that guy.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
George did nothing wrong.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
me thinking of all the times george did something wrong: hm

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

He's a dork

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

say it in red i dare you

Venerealmelon
May 27, 2023
Far worse bastards to choose from at the very least.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

Tired Moritz posted:

I think Ryukishi genuinely forgot that he made George like, 23 and not like 19/20 and that makes his whole deal with Shannon read so much worse

Gohda's kind of an rear end in a top hat and a kissass: does this mean he deserves to be forever murdered by BEATRICE? sources say "yes"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
george sucks rear end

Venerealmelon
May 27, 2023

MetaMeme posted:

I think Ryukishi genuinely forgot that he made George like, 23 and not like 19/20 and that makes his whole deal with Shannon read so much worse

Didn't know he was that old, drat

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

I mean to be fair (major all of Umineko spoilers) Sayo is really 19 years old

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

MegaZeroX posted:

and to be unfair (major all of Umineko spoilers) he certainly didn't know that.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

MegaZeroX posted:

He still creeped on what he thought was a 12 year old girl when he was like 18

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

So, there is an interesting looking VN from a Spanish indie developer that got pu on Kickstarter today. A friend mentioned it to me, and the idea looks interesting, if the dev can deliver.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

good lord does anyone have the link for that preview of the Umineko stage play, my google fu is dying hard here

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The tweets going around with stuff from it were taken down, dunno if there was any other videos going around.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Rockman Reserve posted:

good lord does anyone have the link for that preview of the Umineko stage play, my google fu is dying hard here

I can give you literally any links you want for it since I'm in the sub group. Not sure if you mean this one or another.

Unless you're looking for the ep 2 one in which case I'd have to look a bit.

Cyouni fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jun 2, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

What happened to Witch Hunt anyway, are they still around? Do they do anything?

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
https://twitter.com/failbettergames/status/1666767891788709888?s=46

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
wtf happened to umineko gold anyway

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

Tired Moritz posted:

it got delayed until the people involved had second thoughts on whether it was a good idea to begin with

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

I'm going to do a more thorough review and comparison of Mask of The Rose with Don't Nod's Harmony: The Fall of Reverie

but the headline is that Mask of The Rose is uhhhh not good (a real heartbreaker because there's very good stuff in there that would be great if they had just gone for a more linear and focused game)

Harmony is very good though, not perfect, but well worth playing and has a set of interesting mechanical tweaks to the visual novel formula

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jun 9, 2023

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Isn't that just Failbetter in a nutshell though. Six or Seven interesting short stories atomized and scattered to the wind among poorly thought out mechanics and tedious timer watching

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

Isn't that just Failbetter in a nutshell though. Six or Seven interesting short stories atomized and scattered to the wind among poorly thought out mechanics and tedious timer watching

It's frustrating because the whole point of doing a VN was that it would be cheap and simple enough that they wouldn't have to do all their usual mechanical bullshit and just let you explore the setting and the characters.

Nope, there's weird counter intuitive mechanics and a time limit!~

edit: Like they knew their reputation and still did it!

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 9, 2023

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

https://twitter.com/FloPerfecto/status/1322895553773129735

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
one of the flo classics

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

People tried to do an English dub of Umineko?

Kind of baffling to me - is there really much of a demand for that? It's a visual novel, so there isn't the same "don't want to read subtitles" element, and it's really hard for me to imagine an English-voiced Beatrice.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Ytlaya posted:

People tried to do an English dub of Umineko?

Kind of baffling to me - is there really much of a demand for that? It's a visual novel, so there isn't the same "don't want to read subtitles" element, and it's really hard for me to imagine an English-voiced Beatrice.

Fandubs are also pretty much universally terrible in quality. (Don't use this as excuse to post examples of "good" fandubs, I don't care and they are probably barely acceptable at best anyways).

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i am going to make a fan dub of your post dork!!!

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Cyouni posted:

I can give you literally any links you want for it since I'm in the sub group. Not sure if you mean this one or another.

Unless you're looking for the ep 2 one in which case I'd have to look a bit.

i think they're talking about a video of the, like, actual stageplay opening with the song and choreography and everything but it seems to have been completely nuked off the internet

which is a shame because it is insanely cool

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Fandubs are also pretty much universally terrible in quality. (Don't use this as excuse to post examples of "good" fandubs, I don't care and they are probably barely acceptable at best anyways).

who cares

read a vn or listen to one idgaf

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

dmboogie posted:

i think they're talking about a video of the, like, actual stageplay opening with the song and choreography and everything but it seems to have been completely nuked off the internet

which is a shame because it is insanely cool

honestly i was flirting with a girl and she sent me a video of the gundam stage production and i wanted to send back the umineko play trailer. could not find a drat thing though.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

kirbysuperstar posted:

who cares

read a vn or listen to one idgaf

I mean I'm not against dubs, I'm saying fandubs are of such poo poo quality I dunno who actually wants or enjoys them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Rockman Reserve posted:

honestly i was flirting with a girl and she sent me a video of the gundam stage production and i wanted to send back the umineko play trailer. could not find a drat thing though.

lmao hell yeah