Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I spent ages trying to find that one underground one north of Goron Town. The entrance turned out to be west of the shrine location, in one of the named rock outcroppings, and you have to do a whole minecart ride sequence to reach the shrine itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Does unlocking more of the Poe trading statues give you anything else really worthwhile after you get all 3 pieces of the depths armor set?

Mea Tulpa
Sep 4, 2006

They offer more armor pieces to you, at increasing prices. The statues are easy to find once you recognize the pattern. They're underneath the goddess statues, if you know where those are.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

big missed opportunity imo not having a boss fight with dark zelda in the castle

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

IShallRiseAgain posted:

They also missed the two other soldier armor pieces for the full set which was before the boss fight. Beyond the boss fight there isn't anything great except for the Bubbulfrog at the end

If you keep going, you can find a secret backdoor into Hyrule Castle. Which is why it's called the Royal Hidden Passage. The side rooms along the stairwell it lets out into have some decent treasure, even if you don't feel like exploring the rest of the castle.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

EclecticTastes posted:

If you keep going, you can find a secret backdoor into Hyrule Castle. Which is why it's called the Royal Hidden Passage. The side rooms along the stairwell it lets out into have some decent treasure, even if you don't feel like exploring the rest of the castle.

Really? I felt like I spent a long time searching that cave and never found a way into Hyrule castle. Is it past the bubbulfrog?

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Really? I felt like I spent a long time searching that cave and never found a way into Hyrule castle. Is it past the bubbulfrog?

Yeah. I don't remember perfectly because it was a week and a distressingly large number of hours of gameplay ago, but you gotta get to the end branch where on one side is a Shock Like and the other is, nothing? Maybe that's the Bubbulfrog room? Either way, one of those rooms has an alcove, with a bombable surface in the ceiling, and you blow that up and you're in Hyrule Castle.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Geez there are some ridiculously high sky islands. Not really sure how you’re expected to get to those before your vehicle despawns

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Sounds silly, but is anyone feeling a bit fatigued by this game? It almost feels like there TOO much poo poo to do in this game. I'm still 2 of the 4 strange activity main quests, 71 shrines, nearly 98 korok seeds, and it feels like it's too much.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Waffleopolis posted:

Sounds silly, but is anyone feeling a bit fatigued by this game? It almost feels like there TOO much poo poo to do in this game. I'm still 2 of the 4 strange activity main quests, 71 shrines, nearly 98 korok seeds, and it feels like it's too much.

Everyone is playing it like a week-long coke bender after winning the lottery and now they’re crashing.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

RatHat posted:

Geez there are some ridiculously high sky islands. Not really sure how you’re expected to get to those before your vehicle despawns

The significant majority of sky islands (or Skylands™) are reachable through either launching from a skyview tower or paragliding from a higher island. The Room of Awakening/Nachoyah Shrine makes for a great starting point, allowing access to many of the trickier ones (particularly the sky forge/Yansamin Shrine) as long as you have some food to restore your stamina mid-flight (completing the Wind Temple and getting Tulin helps a little, too). In the rare cases where those measures aren't enough, using the catapult at a nearby sky shrine will often do the trick. The one place I've actually needed a vehicle to reach (granted, I did need several for shrine-related purposes, but I didn't need the vehicle to just be on the island) once I hit max stamina was the Hyrulean tablet island near the Sky Mine in Akkala, which is freakishly high up. Well, and obviously the Hyrulean tablet island above Lookout Landing, but I'm not sure it's even possible to reach that one, even with a vehicle, not that there's any reason to go there to begin with. That said, in at least one case I abused the fact that on your first attempt at the skydiving challenges, you get a free teleport to the top without any of the usual restrictions about staying on the course, since you're not technically doing it until you hit the activation ring, allowing you to use the ridiculously high vantage points to access places that definitely have other intended methods of reaching them.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
You can reach that one above lookout landing with a twofan vehicle.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Honestly, its the cave shrines that made me give up on doing the shrines. I know exactly where the shrine is, but the entrances can be so far away and well hidden that its not worth combing the map to try and find them.

I just bite the bullet and look up how to get to a specific cave shrine if I can't find it after five to ten minutes of searching. Already filled out every lightroot in the Depths, so I can just look up the shrines by name since it's the reverse of the connected lightroot.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

Sydin posted:

In concept the idea of all the Sages being able to join you in combat and fight the enemies is really cool, but in practice it makes things kind of a clusterfuck and also their pathfinding really is not that great and sticks out like a sore thumb when you need to run up to them to use their abilities. The only sage spared this is Wind because he has marginal utility in combat so you don't need to chase him down mid-fight, and he automatically glues himself to Link when you're a on the glider.

I wish he also had a built in safety when you're on the ground, because I've definitely blown stuff off into oblivion that I wanted to pick up by accidentally double tapping the wrong button when he runs in front of me :negative:

Also, missed opportunity not having showing the monster nerd guy a picture of himself trigger some unique dialog.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

Everyone is playing it like a week-long coke bender after winning the lottery and now they’re crashing.

It really feels like a game that assumes it will be played over a longer period of time. I think there's clearly some expectation that the player will be dicking around for a long time between each plot beat, which is imo why Purah recaps the entire opening about five minutes after you get to Lookout Landing, since they assumed there'd be a gap there as players dicked around on hyrule, and why every temple has a near-identical ending cutscene (I think the "you can get to them in any order" is less likely to be the cause of this than "any one of them could be the last you do over days or weeks and by that point you might have lost track of the plot").

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7235455960146365698

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

lmao

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Lol

Bye!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Kart Barfunkel posted:

What do you think it feels like to swim through rocks like Link

Looks kind of gelatinous. But I do giggle every time Link just rams his head into a ceiling so hard he goes halfway through.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Glueing two shield together doesn’t raise their stats. Make it make sense

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Steve Yun posted:

Glueing two shield together doesn’t raise their stats. Make it make sense

I think it does raise durability a bit though

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

RatHat posted:

I think it does raise durability a bit though

Google says it doubles it! I’ve been letting extra shields go to waste!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
One of the sky islands had a contraption that was just four fans strapped to a lattice, which doesn't count as a vehicle and therefore doesn't despawn. I'm sure there are fancier ways to get to some of the more isolated sky islands, but that bad boy will let you reach any altitude you desire.

E: Half my shields have rockets in case I need to achieve altitude in an emergency, like activating bullet time or sudden rainfall, and the other half hold a smattering of boss body parts that I may some day ask Pellison to unstick.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 10:21 on May 28, 2023

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

One of the sky islands had a contraption that was just four fans strapped to a lattice, which doesn't count as a vehicle and therefore doesn't despawn. I'm sure there are fancier ways to get to some of the more isolated sky islands, but that bad boy will let you reach any altitude you desire.

E: Half my shields have rockets in case I need to achieve altitude in an emergency, like activating bullet time or sudden rainfall, and the other half hold a smattering of boss body parts that I may some day ask Pellison to unstick.

vehicles in general don't despawn*, it's just some of them specifically have noticably short timers-- rockets, gliders, balloons are the Super Short ones, but if you spend enough time on your fan-based goblin glider they'll despawn too

*technically every mechanism in the game has a timer coded into it, it's just you'll usually never have a vehicle around long enough to actually see them

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Surely they wouldn't make a sage power share the same button that you spam to pick up items, would they? Oh. gently caress :sigh:

This game sure has a lot of quantity content though :v:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

So am I missing something with the Gleeoks or are they really just this poo poo and tedious to fight

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Frankston posted:

So am I missing something with the Gleeoks or are they really just this poo poo and tedious to fight

Fuse eyeballs to arrows, and a lynel bow if you have it. Elemental eyeballs with a lynel bow will instantly knock them down.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Frankston posted:

If you're already using keese eyes, rocket shields (for their final phases), and elemental armor (the Lightning Helm plus your heaviest armor is probably better than actually trying to four-star the Rubber armor, though), then yeah, the rest is just shooting the heads and then kicking 'em while they're down.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
just do all your shooting in bullet time, using whatever elemental arrows are appropriate

There's plenty of fancy ways to go about it, but a pocket spring and a pillar to hide it behind will get you most of the way

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/flamingoranges/status/1662538925343399936?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/do9bessa/status/1662609887313149952?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7236813130095955227

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
WHAT

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7237923228910439722

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

https://twitter.com/TopherKern/status/1659944837351866370

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Haha wow.

These motherfuckers put snowboarding challenges in the game.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Yeah, I saw that last night and had to give it a try myself
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1103101476185833623/1112309254678904882/2023052810112300-CC47F0DEC75C1FD3B1F95FA9F9D57667.mp4
It does work surprisingly well

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
What are people's strategy for Flux Constructs when they are in frisbee mode and flying really high up?

I figure depending on the environment you can get above them but there's been a few times now where I had no way of hitting the weak block because it's on top of the rest of them and I've had to just shoot bomb arrows and hope the AOE hits it. Am I missing something obvious?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

What are people's strategy for Flux Constructs when they are in frisbee mode and flying really high up?

I figure depending on the environment you can get above them but there's been a few times now where I had no way of hitting the weak block because it's on top of the rest of them and I've had to just shoot bomb arrows and hope the AOE hits it. Am I missing something obvious?

Recall the blocks they throw at you to climb up to them.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Rewind one of the blocks they throw down at you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sepah
May 13, 2014

Shoot the bottom of the frisbee with a bomb arrow, then ascend when it falls down.