Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Kibbles n Shits posted:

Didn't he also eat like 6000 calories worth of McDonalds a day? No poo poo you got fat, Sprulock

Before it he was a vegetarian too iirc so like idk even at the time before it came out what a garbage person he was I was like "uhh this is not at all interesting or revelatory why is everyone talking about this movie"

We had a very hippie teacher who made us watch it and the DVD extra where he puts a burger and fries in a jar and it DOESN'T GET MOLDY AFTER A MONTH!!! and that one in particular always stuck with me cuz it's such a weird misunderstanding of how food works. You kept deep fried poo poo in a cool dry place for a month and instead of rotting it just dried out, obviously this is due to the CHEMICALS they put in it or something!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

She also made us watch What The Bleep do We Know and oh man

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

She also made us watch What The Bleep do We Know and oh man

lol a fantastic "not a serious person" indicator

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Being a tremendous poo poo I prepared a short presentation of all the ways it was complete bullshit that she let me read in front of everyone afterwards cuz she was nice but yeah that was a fun class.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol "The film’s co-director, Mark Vicente, would go on to co-found The Knife Media, a pro-Trump “digital news outlet” linked to NXIVM. [2]"

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Kibbles n Shits posted:

Didn't he also eat like 6000 calories worth of McDonalds a day? No poo poo you got fat, Sprulock

from the wiki of the film:

quote:

After eating exclusively at McDonald's for one month, Soso Whaley said, "The first time I did the diet in April 2004, I lost 10 pounds (going from 175 to 165) and lowered my cholesterol from 237 to 197, a drop of 40 points." Of particular note was that she exercised regularly and did not insist on consuming more food than she otherwise would. Despite eating at only McDonald's every day, she maintained her caloric intake at around 2,000 per day.[26]

a number of people replicated the experiment without the insane parameters set up by an alcoholic with good results. spurlock's entire argument hinges on an exaggerated version of an american who he blames quite exclusively for the fact that they can't access good food a lot of the time but also somehow blames this on mcdonald's. i would probably argue that mcdonald's ended up filling a nutritional vacuum rather than intentionally displacing an existing one but what do i know.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i don't think super size me is a particularly smart film or even making a good point, but what is critically being left out here is that mcdonalds had PR departments working overtime in response to those obesity lawsuits saying "actually there's no way to prove conclusively that eating nothing but mcdonalds super size meals is bad for you" even, iirc, responding to their own foreign advertising departments that were saying the opposite.

like really the biggest sin of that movie is accepting the fast food PR department's argument in good faith lol

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

yeah but why does Jameson distillery say that everybody should just drink whiskey for 30 days and not eat any food or drink any other drinks only drink whiskey for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in their advertising all the time??

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Slotducks posted:

yeah but why does Jameson distillery say that everybody should just drink whiskey for 30 days and not eat any food or drink any other drinks only drink whiskey for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in their advertising all the time??

Works for me, idk what your weak-rear end liver problem is.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

cash crab posted:

i would probably argue that mcdonald's ended up filling a nutritional vacuum rather than intentionally displacing an existing one but what do i know.

much like american health insurance companies fill the healthcare vacuum without M4A

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

In Training posted:

Lol "The film’s co-director, Mark Vicente, would go on to co-found The Knife Media, a pro-Trump “digital news outlet” linked to NXIVM. [2]"

Vicente is one of the main ex-NXIVM people featured in The Vow. He and Raniere basically pulled a Nixon Tapes by filming everything that went on in the cult and recording all of their phone calls. Really dumb guy.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tiggum posted:

I've always boiled and drained rice. It works perfectly and is the easiest and most convenient method.

Treacle is the best syrup.

Sorghum is bis.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Slotducks posted:

RIP Trevor

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

Azathoth posted:

RIP Trevor

died the way he lived

jerking off with a belt around his neck

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

rabble rabble posted:

died the way he lived

I have been spreading the rumor that he was murdered for knowing too much. I have nothing to base this on, but I do it anyway because I think Trevor would find it really funny if it actually caught on.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

COPE 27 posted:

This used to be the downtown of thriving village, until a company decided to increase profits by not maintaining their trains, only having 1 engineer, and scheduling so tight that he had to park at the top of a hill when he hit his max hours.

Lac-Mégantic?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Vicente is one of the main ex-NXIVM people featured in The Vow. He and Raniere basically pulled a Nixon Tapes by filming everything that went on in the cult and recording all of their phone calls. Really dumb guy.

Fun fact: NXIVM was Vicente's SECOND time getting duped by a cult. That's how goddamn stupid that dude is.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

GotLag posted:

Lac-Mégantic?

Yeah

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

rabble rabble posted:

died the way he lived

My understanding is that he died trying to suck his own dick

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

bump_fn posted:

nothing fills me with warmth like knowing that these people know, deep down, that they will eventually die no matter what

that’s incorrect.

but it’s better than that. they think and probably truly do believe deep down that they will live forever. but one day they’ll find out they’ve been wrong about everything and then deep down, they will know they will die no matter what and they spent the only life they have being monstrous.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Bar Ran Dun posted:

that’s incorrect.

but it’s better than that. they think and probably truly do believe deep down that they will live forever. but one day they’ll find out they’ve been wrong about everything and then deep down, they will know they will die no matter what and they spent the only life they have being monstrous.

This requires a level of self-awareness that I do not believe they are capable of.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Azathoth posted:

I have been spreading the rumor that he was murdered for knowing too much. I have nothing to base this on, but I do it anyway because I think Trevor would find it really funny if it actually caught on.

he would have wanted it that way

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Bar Ran Dun posted:

that’s incorrect.

They'll die in a tragic solid gold helicopter crash or being crushed by a giant pile of money and won't have any sort of opportunity to self-reflect and you know it

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

My brain keeps reading this as babyshower bourbon.
Sure I know the blocking is the man is holding the bottle/opened the package, but still momma wants some of the hooch

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Coolness Averted posted:

My brain keeps reading this as babyshower bourbon.
Sure I know the blocking is the man is holding the bottle/opened the package, but still momma wants some of the hooch

It looks more to me like "surprise I'm 6 months pregnant and you're the father! Here's some bourbon"

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

cool future we live in

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

lmao

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

i was congratulating myself for not being so gullible for once but then

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

They're making a Slinky movie too

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Shame Boy posted:

They'll die in a tragic solid gold helicopter crash or being crushed by a giant pile of money

Inshallah

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I love seeing a hundred movies come out that have the same dna. It’s a neat indication of what some company is selling studios on as the next hot thing… in this case, “Inventions”

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I want to figure out how to guillotine a BRAND

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

They should really do the Dorito's taco from Taco Bell. Maybe cover how the dude died broke paying for his cancer treatment while Taco Bell made a shitload of money.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

The great thing about the Hot Cheetos movie is that the story is fake, he did work at frito lay but didn’t have anything to do with it lol

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2021-05-16/flamin-hot-cheetos-richard-montanez

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Forgot Tetris.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I punch out from a 12'er at the Amazon Corpoplex. I met my productivity quota by wearing an adult diaper and refusing to stop to void my bladder. This deserves celebration, so I head to the cineplex. Am I in the mood to see Product Movie or Superhero movie? A movie about something called Hellcow is playing opposite of a Mark Whalburg led film about the invention of the McGriddle.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The Economist asking the big, important questions like “Are the proles taking enough drugs to keep their productivity high?”

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
"Performance-enhancing stimulants" is a helluva way to describe "important drugs for treatment of mental health conditions."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
the Americans spent billions in the war on drugs

the Russians simply took the meth