Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Definitely a photoshop, just look at the third guy's eyes

Still funny tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

CSM posted:

Look at the size of the left one's head.

God drat. What is Russian for "unit". Jesus. Dude looks like he was drawn by Walk Disney himself. A family of blockheads. They used his granddaddy's skull to build the wall in Berlin. They got him in the frontline because his giant fuckin head is resonant to aircraft acoustic signatures. He got an experimental TETRIS vaccine but it just gave him big head mode.

I hope he stays safe and is one of the homies captured and we can see him call home to his mom, a brutalist square apartment building

^true it could be a shop or generated, and I wouldn't be able to respect myself if fooled in such a way

forest spirit fucked around with this message at 16:00 on May 28, 2023

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

CSM posted:

Look at the size of the left one's head.

"Sniper's Dream", they call him.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Toxic Mental posted:

Definitely a photoshop, just look at the third guy's eyes

Still funny tho

Much like the secret good russian army, I choose to believe it is real

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Those soldiers are like 80s Warhammer miniatures when they hadn’t yet decided on the proportions of humans

Captain Splendid posted:

"Sniper's Dream", they call him.

I’d like you to know that I enjoy and appreciate this reference a lot

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

a cyborg mug posted:

I’d like you to know that I enjoy and appreciate this reference a lot

I've already fallen down the rabbit hole of Bob's videos again...

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/05/27/europe/ukraine-air-defense-gepard-intl/index.html
CNN published an article concerning Ukraine's air defenses and their status. Things are better than they've been, but S-300 and 400 dumbfire rockets still remain a massive problem to defend against in frontline towns and cities.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

drop the leftmost guy's head from a plane. loving thing would cause its' own Tunguska event with that sort of mass.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

zone posted:

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/05/27/europe/ukraine-air-defense-gepard-intl/index.html
CNN published an article concerning Ukraine's air defenses and their status. Things are better than they've been, but S-300 and 400 dumbfire rockets still remain a massive problem to defend against in frontline towns and cities.

Its genuinely wild russia is resorting to repurposing their extremely good AAA missles into poo poo tier cruise missiles.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Sedgr posted:

Turns out Putin was just charging up a spirit bomb all these episodes with the souls of his human sacrifices. I thought the NATO necromancers had stolen them all already but desperate times and all that I guess.

I sort of miss when Russia was blaming its losses on wizards and demons rather than just incompetence.

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

100% waiting Putin to float, cross armed, over the Ukraine border 20m in the air like a metal gear solid boss, waving his arms about and flames/airstrikes exploding etc

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/AndrewPerpetua/status/1662821325310664709
Strelkov appears to have gone completely insane in his latest rant on Telegram. He thinks the Taliban attacked Iran on America's orders.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
drat dark Brandon mission accomplished

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

Autisanal Cheese posted:

what professional military doing

They're getting killed and demoralized but they're also not showing signs of distancing themselves from Putin or breaking entirely in the field either.

The latter 2 things are what we need to be seeing. Unfortunately we're not.

The state security service has practically gone full Gestapo/KGB and other than some easily crushed moderate sized protests there has been no real push back from the main populace either.

It sucks but at this point, as far as anyone can tell, Putin is likely to die in office.

Drone_Fragger posted:

Its genuinely wild russia is resorting to repurposing their extremely good AAA missles into poo poo tier cruise missiles.

They supposedly have thousands of S-300's to spare while their others are running low on stocks.

I think the S-400's are expensive enough that they don't typically use them for that though. That is still one of their best GBAD systems in Ukraine and I can't see why'd they would expend them on mass dumbfires. Its possible that they're firing S-300 missiles from S-400 TEL's instead for that role.

From what others have said the S-400 is pretty much a upgraded S-300 that got renamed for marketing/propaganda purposes anyways so that would make some sense.

PC LOAD LETTER fucked around with this message at 16:40 on May 28, 2023

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Data Graham posted:

Can vibrate through walls,

that's the Flash, not the Fash

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

the popes toes posted:

Looks more like Dad's Army

Vlad's Army

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Aren't they a little short for a stormtrooper?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Alan Smithee posted:

drat dark Brandon mission accomplished

Serious lol. Terrorist Girkin usually seems to have a decent understanding of what's going on but his imperialist brain can't process Taliban having some agency and wanting to do war all on their own.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

kru posted:

100% waiting Putin to float, cross armed, over the Ukraine border 20m in the air like a metal gear solid boss, waving his arms about and flames/airstrikes exploding etc

Dark Brandon appears, the skies turn dark, a hellish glow appears on the horizon

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Cyka Snake, their hind D shot down our SU-35! And also our hypersonic missiles!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/drewpavlou/status/1662774954423889921?s=46&t=lbKxPpxJyMeDN0i-nFAg4A

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

mobby_6kl posted:

Serious lol. Terrorist Girkin usually seems to have a decent understanding of what's going on but his imperialist brain can't process Taliban having some agency and wanting to do war all on their own.

Seems to be a common thread between imperialists and tankies. There are only two global players, Russia and the US. Maybe three if you count China. Everything that happens is orchestrated by either one.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Fell out... of a window?

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

it was in Sydney so he fell out of a windurr

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

He basically fell out of a bloody winder mate

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

Cyka Snake, their hind D shot down our SU-35! And also our hypersonic missiles!

* HyperPutin, 3 episodes of him charging up as the losses mount up *

kru
Oct 5, 2003

* sound of slide whistle, Putin falls from sky *

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Lived in bigoted ignorance, left in bigoted ignorance. :shrug:

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Are mine-clearing brush fires a real thing or is this a Ukraine goading Russians into doing followup strikes on places that are on fire due to getting HIMARS'd?

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Has this been posted yet?

https://twitter.com/DefenceHQ/status/1662705157996441600

Russian authorities are possibly going to increase the workweek to 6 days without extra pay to help out with the war effort.

But sanctions aren't working.

Please lift them!

But they aren't working at all!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Gejnor posted:

Has this been posted yet?

https://twitter.com/DefenceHQ/status/1662705157996441600

Russian authorities are possibly going to increase the workweek to 6 days without extra pay to help out with the war effort.

But sanctions aren't working.

Please lift them!

But they aren't working at all!

It's a 6 day work week because Russians want to work

Lemme get on conservative talk media and complain about lazy Americans compared to big meaty Russians who just wanna work 7 days a week for the freedom of Ukraine!!!!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Watch out, Radical Larry has a war plunger!

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

That second guy ate too many beets and turned red.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm taking a US coordinated poo poo right now op.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Bluemillion posted:

That second guy ate too many beets and turned red.

thats just what brits look like. dont rosacea shame

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1662861120317661188
presented without comment.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Has she been talking to Michael Tracy?

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

Aren’t Cossacks a Ukrainian thing?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

spankmeister posted:

Do you have a source for this? I've been hearing it here and there but as far as I can tell it's pure speculation, and we should be careful parroting it as gospel.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I know somebody who sent looted stuff home. It wasn’t for microchips, it was because Altay Kray is poor as poo poo and fancy gadgets like washing machines, laptops, and phones would help out his mom and siblings

It’s not like russian military wages or getting blasted by Ukrainians pays out, so you take what you get I guess
E: this is not an endorsement of stealing things during a genocidal invasion

spankmeister posted:

Yeah. The reason for looting washing machines (and toilets) is obvious. It's because the kontraktniki and mobiks are poor as gently caress, and not to support the russian MIC.

I do remember last year reading about consumer electronics, such as washing machines, being expensive and difficult to get in Kazakhstan due to them being bought by Russia to evade sanctions and to get those sweet, sweet microchips.

Sorry I didn't really want to make a big deal out of it but the whole concept of Private Conscriptovich looting washing machines so that they can be turned into cruise missiles just seems absolutely bonkers to me.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/05/11/russia-sanctions-effect-military/

quote:

U.S.-led sanctions are forcing Russia to use computer chips from dishwashers and refrigerators in some military equipment, Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo said Wednesday.

“We have reports from Ukrainians that when they find Russian military equipment on the ground, it’s filled with semiconductors that they took out of dishwashers and refrigerators,” Raimondo told a Senate hearing, noting that she recently met with Ukraine’s prime minister.

https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/126/20221014_russia_alert.pdf

quote:

Russia’s defense industry is reliant on imported microelectronics. Since imposition of U.S. and allied restrictions, semiconductor imports from all global sources, the lifeblood of Russia’s weaponry, have dropped on a sustained basis over time of approximately 70 percent. Russian hypersonic ballistic missile production has nearly ceased due to the lack of necessary semiconductors used in the manufacturing process. The production of cars fell by three-quarters compared to last year, indicating that critical advanced microchips for civilian vehicles are being redirected for military use.

The Russian military is reportedly cannibalizing chips from dishwashers and refrigerators to fix their military hardware, because they have run out of semiconductors. Russia’s military aviation program no longer benefits from the revenue and resupply provided by aviation trade. Russian media reports that production of its next-generation airborne early warning and control (AEW&C) aircraft has stalled due to lack of foreign components, including semiconductors. Mechanical plants, including those producing surface-to-air missiles (SAMs), have been shut down. Russia has begun using Soviet-era defense stocks as its own companies are targeted by our measures.

i didnt know gbs cared this much for sources lol. There is not something that says concretely they are looting them specifically for this but uh, it is extremely apparent if you actually look at what is happening and track it with the corresponding decrease in precision munitions being used against ukraine as existing stocks dwindle

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 28, 2023

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Joke Miriam posted:

Aren’t Cossacks a Ukrainian thing?

Serbian cossacks and Russian cossacks are agents of the state.

They are babylons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

HonorableTB posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/05/11/russia-sanctions-effect-military/

https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/126/20221014_russia_alert.pdf

i didnt know gbs cared this much for sources lol. There is not something that says concretely they are looting them specifically for this but uh, it is extremely apparent if you actually look at what is happening and track it with the corresponding decrease in precision munitions being used against ukraine as existing stocks dwindle

lots of "reportedly" and "sources say" from those articles, so i'm sticking with my own Russian Sources that men are stealing poo poo because their lives and pay are miserable, rather than the army telling them to snatch up kit from aging ukrainian fridges