Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
hell I am just jealous you get >100mg per pack of anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I can only imagine how bad that would gently caress me up. 500mg delivered anally, Jesus. Don't chemicals delivered rectally work extra well?

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Dick Bastardly posted:

The hippie shaman basically spilled the beans to me that it has to do with a testing loophole involving decarbing prior to testing or something like that, and labs that'll work with the shop to workaround the THC vs. THCa issue.

There's no loophole anymore.The 2014 Farm Bill only required testing for THC but the 2018 bill closed the loophole. The law currently requires testing for Total THC after decarbing it or testing for THC + (THCa * 0.887). THCa "hemp" does not meet the legal requirements to be sold as hemp. The labs lie so the shops can lie so the cops will think they're selling hemp. The DEA has mostly realized that enforcing pot laws is dumb as gently caress because fent and meth are the real problems. Why not just participate in the big lie rather than arrest pot sellers in legal states that ship out "hemp" to illegal states?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I don’t think “well” is as accurate as “fast”.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

what happens if you wear this into an MRI

do the magnets draw the weed into your body like an anal bong rip

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

MisterOblivious posted:

There's no loophole anymore.The 2014 Farm Bill only required testing for THC but the 2018 bill closed the loophole. The law currently requires testing for Total THC after decarbing it or testing for THC + (THCa * 0.887). THCa "hemp" does not meet the legal requirements to be sold as hemp.
There is absolutely still a massive loophole. You're conflating USDA's rule for licensed growers with DEA's opinion on what products are scheduled. THCa hemp with delta-9 under 0.3% is legal per DEA. Here is the DEA's IFR based on the 2018 bill: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/08/21/2020-17356/implementation-of-the-agriculture-improvement-act-of-2018 and there is nothing about Total THC or decarboxylation.

On top of this, the USDA in practice recognizes the discrepency, and I've talked to two hemp farmers in the program that say in practice USDA only makes them remediate crops for being hot if delta-9 is high, with no concern about THCa no matter what their own final rule says about Total THC.

Interestingly to me, one farmer told me he thought the 2023 farm bill would kill THCa hemp, the other thought it was going to raise the limit to 1% and strike the post-decarboxylation language to help get USDA and DEA on the same page. In general he seemed better informed.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

just lol if you give a poo poo about "the chemicals" while smoking weed that waterlogs your brain regardless

woah woah woah buddy be careful zapping my attention span fogging my memories and potentially inducing episodes of schizophrenia.... i dont wanna get a headache too

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i smoked earlier and ate one tub and 1/4th of popcorn for dinner

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Tarkus posted:

I can only imagine how bad that would gently caress me up. 500mg delivered anally, Jesus. Don't chemicals delivered rectally work extra well?

Isn’t that for the whole jar? The last pack of gummies I bought says 1000mg on the bag but it’s 10 100mg gummies

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I just saw the jar says for best experience — use frozen.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
that's brisk, baby!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Code Jockey posted:

Police Squad is a very good weed show lol

I would also suggest Sledge Hammer! from the 80s. it's so loving ridiculously lamo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqLnXT54aCk

Philthy fucked around with this message at 03:34 on May 27, 2023

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Philthy posted:

I would also suggest Sledge Hammer! from the 80s. it's so loving ridiculously lamo

I loving FORGOT THIS EXISTED THANK YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
the dynamite window scene i couldnt breathe jesus christ

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Philthy posted:

Lmao thank you

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
These look amazing thx

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Philthy posted:

drat I saw this a bit as a kid and didn't realize it was a parody show, maybe I'm getting this confused with Equalizer.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
yah 80s had like 5+ shows like dirty harry all at the same time, it was a weird phase

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Philthy posted:

yah 80s had like 5+ shows like dirty harry all at the same time, it was a weird phase

The 90s gave us:

Night Man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA6-xy4396A

Knight Rider 2000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCXYWpkQ9NQ

And M.A.N.T.I.S.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA_gBZ7hBSU

Did you know Sam Raimi was behind M.A.N.T.I.S.? I sure AF didn't!

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.
Hi weed thread :) I have a job that I really enjoy, but they do piss tests randomly and I’d love to be able to have a gummy on Friday or Saturday nights and not worry. Anything I can purchase online that will help get whatever needs to be out of me out in case I get a tagged for a drug test?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

MisterOblivious posted:

There's no loophole anymore.The 2014 Farm Bill only required testing for THC but the 2018 bill closed the loophole. The law currently requires testing for Total THC after decarbing it or testing for THC + (THCa * 0.887). THCa "hemp" does not meet the legal requirements to be sold as hemp. The labs lie so the shops can lie so the cops will think they're selling hemp. The DEA has mostly realized that enforcing pot laws is dumb as gently caress because fent and meth are the real problems. Why not just participate in the big lie rather than arrest pot sellers in legal states that ship out "hemp" to illegal states?

just legalize real weed Florida, ya freaks

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

cumpantry posted:

just lol if you give a poo poo about "the chemicals" while smoking weed that waterlogs your brain regardless

woah woah woah buddy be careful zapping my attention span fogging my memories and potentially inducing episodes of schizophrenia.... i dont wanna get a headache too

I went back and was once again bamboozled, this time into buying HHC sprayed hemp and I smoked it before doing independent research on it online and it freaked me the gently caress out but you know what? yolo

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

hhc is strong yeah you want to smoke that in small doses until you have a decent tolerance

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

sorry about your trip

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Dick Bastardly posted:

just legalize real weed Florida, ya freaks
Lol don’t hold your breath.

Practically I suppose it’s legal for residents, there’s just a $300/yr bribe you have to pay.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
If it's anything like Cali, the doctors there knew weed laws were bullshit so they never denied anyone access to a medical card.

"my head hurts doc"

"i got the perfect thing for you"

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I've had HHC gummies that were strong but still good-ish experience, unlike the 25mg D8 ones which weren't a good time (they're actually 50mg but I sliced them)

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Wangsucker 69 posted:

Hi weed thread :) I have a job that I really enjoy, but they do piss tests randomly and I’d love to be able to have a gummy on Friday or Saturday nights and not worry. Anything I can purchase online that will help get whatever needs to be out of me out in case I get a tagged for a drug test?

If you ate a 5-10mg edible once every month or two, you'd probably pass by like day 3. That said, i was in your position and i just didn't do any weed bc i was paranoid.

If your situation is more important to you than getting high, then you clearly have your priorities set in the right place. Do what's right for you and have the kind of fun you want to have, whenever you want to have it. You know what's right for you.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Tarkus posted:

that's 500mg for the whole package, probably 50mg a piece

still 50mg of THC up your rear end is probably A LOT

that's about standard, the dispensary down the street sells 50mg suppositories individually

Dick Bastardly posted:

Take weed with you if possible

Also don't take weed with you to current-day Florida

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 08:52 on May 28, 2023

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

euphronius posted:

I … don’t think I like weed anymore ??

poverty goat posted:

weird isn't it?

Can we ban this sick filth?

Go make a fuckin thread, this isn't the not-weed thread, idiots!

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Can we ban this sick filth?

Go make a fuckin thread, this isn't the not-weed thread, idiots!

Yeah man this isn't the gardening thread, we love weeds around here.

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

MrQwerty posted:

Also don't take weed with you to current-day Florida

Ya that was collosally bad advice that i didn't take, lol

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Philthy posted:

If it's anything like Cali, the doctors there knew weed laws were bullshit so they never denied anyone access to a medical card.

"my head hurts doc"

"i got the perfect thing for you"

:lol: i lost my prescription once (like physically misplaced it) and I was in LA for work and wanted to :350:. I googled some doctor and went to a shady minimall off Sunset. (IIRC) 40 bux, ten minutes of waiting, and a one minute video-chat with a supremely stoned doctor wearing a Lakers hat, I had my :airquote: prescription :airquote: and a 20% coupon for the dispensary half a block away. I kinda miss those days. Dispensaries then were 10% compassionate co-op hippie types, and 90% drug dealers who decided to throw up a storefront. IME the hippie places would always have a crazy selection of weed, and the drug dealers ran crazy deals. :ninja: One of the dispensaries in Chula Vista ran a crazy discount between 1-3am :ninja: Now its all corporate, like going to a liquor store. I also feel like the products are less safe

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

I love weed

:420::swoon:

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Recommendation.

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Vampire Panties posted:

I also feel like the products are less safe

I know, i know. "Lol, you're concerned about the quality of the drugs you're smoking?"

But for real, there are some really sketchy products out there. Thankfully California is doing a good job testing things, but i never feel like i know if it's correct or accurate. I thought the benefit of legalization would be safer, cleaner products that aren't full of pesticides, but somehow i think it's getting less safe.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Spaghett posted:

I know, i know. "Lol, you're concerned about the quality of the drugs you're smoking?"

But for real, there are some really sketchy products out there. Thankfully California is doing a good job testing things, but i never feel like i know if it's correct or accurate. I thought the benefit of legalization would be safer, cleaner products that aren't full of pesticides, but somehow i think it's getting less safe.

:lol: in 2001 I could buy an 4oz 8th for 50 dollars that was extremely good, and the dude selling it could show me the field it was grown in (:lol: if i wanted to drive three hours to bumfuck Mendocino) In 2023 I can pay 65 dollars for a 3.4999oz 8th that is extremely good, and the dude selling it to me can neither confirm nor deny that the poo poo was grown on (proverbial) rat poison. This is a bit of an issue of geography (NorCal vs SoCal) but I feel like its apt

The issue with full legalization is all of the taxes, licenses, and regulations. All of that stuff is so expensive and also very factually limited. When the state insisted on specific separate facilities with specific separate licenses, while leaving licensing and enforcement to counties and cities, it amounts to a de-facto hard limit on the amount of grows, processing centers, and dispensaries available in CA. Since all the money is in the licensing and regulation (:lol: because its a loving weed, it'll grow anywhere), once an operation has all of that stuff in place, the only way to capitalize profits is to grow as much weed as they possibly can, any possible way they can.

EDIT

When weed was first legalized, a lot of the manufacturers had basically two sets of books - the legal grow op, and the :airquote: medicinal :airquote: black market poo poo they'd been pushing forever. Recently the state has been cracking down hard on unlicensed operations, so a lot of manufacturers (Kushy Punch 😭) got busted and basically had to start from scratch.
Also there's a new airborne THC-killing virus :tinfoil:

Vampire Panties fucked around with this message at 17:46 on May 28, 2023

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I read the hop laden viroid is all over California, too.

Kelley head: “Apotcalypse”

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Vampire Panties posted:

In 2023 I can pay 65 dollars for a 3.4999oz 8th that is extremely good, and the dude selling it to me can neither confirm nor deny that the poo poo was grown on (proverbial) rat poison. This is a bit of an issue of geography (NorCal vs SoCal) but I feel like its apt

i live in LA and while yes, the prices are bad compared to other west coast states, there is no way in hell i would pay $65 for an 8th lol. at my neighborhood dispensary i usually pay $20 or $25 for good weed.

i have family up in the bay and go there regularly, and the dispensary i go to in san jose is maybe a bit more but not that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Had a whole bunch of ABV saved up and I was going to make a nice edible yesterday but I was feeling lazy so I horked it all down with a couple big glasses of water instead.

Today, I can’t stop ripping farts and each and every one makes the whole room smell like weed. It’s great. I should do this more often.