Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
aww

i think whoever bought my previous av put some thought into it

very callous to change it imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Regarde Aduck posted:

aww

i think whoever bought my previous av put some thought into it

very callous to change it imho
any basketball opinions?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

guess whose blood is in that glass

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MSN/status/1662831439191355392?s=20

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

TDepressionEarl posted:

Kyrgyzstan is not nice place? This is first I am hearing!

They'll probably feed you if you show up there which is more than I can say for Sweden

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

I truly do not understand how someone can read that headline and not instantly understand their are being fed propaganda.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

I've been watching western society violently shake itself apart, and I have decided it is morally correct to force this on other countries

https://twitter.com/redditdota2/status/1662832471547736064?t=RPcTDR0AWAzXMGeF-j8N8A&s=19

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

quote:

Here's what happened to Russia's previous three war commanders, according to a recent analysis by the Institute for the Study of War (ISW), a Washington-based think tank that has closely tracked developments in Ukraine.

Every time!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Cuttlefush posted:

guess whose blood is in that glass

That mf wearing an UPA flag as a cape.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

cool hat

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
lol new day new avatar

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

lol new day new avatar

What the hell, the last one was a good one.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
:mad: why the gently caress isn't mine centered

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

I get the meme it's referencing, but what does the Episode II clone trooper mean?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

BadOptics posted:

I get the meme it's referencing, but what does the Episode II.cline trooper mean?

ask Euphronius, it's his av

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

BadOptics posted:

I get the meme it's referencing, but what does the Episode II clone trooper mean?

that helmet over the head of mad handles ben franklin, that's euph

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Its like being john malkovich

edit

Sixers mascot crossed with star wars, which are two things I love

Then put in the pepe silva scene because I lost my mind long ago

euphronius has issued a correction as of 16:20 on May 28, 2023

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

euphronius posted:

Its like being john malkovich

Ok, I understand it now lol

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

so, how angry are you about the Iraq war?

Which politicians from back then are you still waiting to be tried at the ICC?

I assume you were as absolutely disgusted by the genocide of the Iraqi people as you are about Ukraine.

I think it’s pretty obvious that a person would have to be very selectively inconsistent in their beliefs to not condemn both?

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Mr Teatime posted:

I think it’s pretty obvious that a person would have to be very selectively inconsistent in their beliefs to not condemn both?

Both are bad but this idea of "I have the moral high ground to be anti Russian/pro Ukrainian because I also opposed the Iraq war :smug:" is self absorbed garbage that assumes the only thing that matters is how you personally feel above anything that actually happened in real life.

Every western government and media outlet bent over backwards to find excuses for the Iraq war, the USA suffered zero consequences, the idea of sanctioning the US would have been considered utterly insane, and the idea of arming their enemies to destroy them as a military power would have got you a trip to guantanamo bay. With this background saying that both the Iraq and Ukraine war are equally evil is meaningless posturing

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

as we all know keeping incompetents in positions of power is the most important thing

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Budzilla posted:

North Korea invaded South Korea the year before NATO was founded and the last time I checked many countries that have never been part of NATO were involved in the Korean war.

Budzilla posted:

Rhee was terrible fortunately he was eventually rid of. Although making peace overtures then invading SK probably has people in Seoul since then thinking that we can't trust Kim Il-Sung.

Lol @ the rest but especially doing apologia for the military dictatorship in the south.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Orange Devil posted:

What is Libya?

that was NATO not the EU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1662851097592049664?s=20

quote:

PARIS — Unable to sleep the night before her first-round match at the French Open against Aryna Sabalenka of Belarus, the Grand Slam tournament’s No. 2 seed, Marta Kostyuk of Ukraine checked her phone at 5 a.m. Sunday and saw disturbing news back home in Kyiv.

At least one person was killed when the capital of Kostyuk’s country was subjected to the largest drone attack by Russia since the start of its war, launched with an invasion assisted by Belarus in February 2022.

“It’s something I cannot describe, probably. I try to put my emotions aside any time I go out on court. I think I’m better than before, and I don’t think it affects me as much on a daily basis, but yeah, it’s just — I don’t know,” Kostyuk said, shaking her head. “There is not much to say, really. It’s just part of my life.”

That, then, is why Kostyuk has decided she will not exchange the usual postmatch pleasantries with opponents from Russia or Belarus. And that is why she avoided a handshake — avoided any eye contact, even — after losing to Australian Open champion Sabalenka 6-3, 6-2 on Day 1 at Roland Garros.

What surprised the 20-year-old, 39th-ranked Kostyuk on Sunday was the reaction she received from the spectators in Court Philippe Chatrier: They loudly booed and derisively whistled at her as she walked directly over to acknowledge the chair umpire instead of congratulating the winner after the lopsided result. The negative response grew louder as she gathered her belongings and walked off the court toward the locker room.

“I have to say,” Kostyuk said, “I didn’t expect it. … People should be, honestly, embarrassed.”

Kostyuk is based now in Monaco, and her mother and sister are there, too, but her father and grandfather are still in Kyiv. Perhaps the fans on hand at the clay-court event’s main stadium were unaware of the backstory and figured Kostyuk simply failed to follow usual tennis etiquette.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Both are bad but this idea of "I have the moral high ground to be anti Russian/pro Ukrainian because I also opposed the Iraq war :smug:" is self absorbed garbage that assumes the only thing that matters is how you personally feel above anything that actually happened in real life.

Every western government and media outlet bent over backwards to find excuses for the Iraq war, the USA suffered zero consequences, the idea of sanctioning the US would have been considered utterly insane, and the idea of arming their enemies to destroy them as a military power would have got you a trip to guantanamo bay. With this background saying that both the Iraq and Ukraine war are equally evil is meaningless posturing

The whole Western propaganda apparatus has been mobilized to reinforce NATO / US intervention in Ukraine for the last decade, and yet these loving morons think that the principled position in line with the 2003 anti-war protests is to cheer all that on and slobber over every weapon we send over there.

The base appearance of the thing is confused for its essence. No wonder so many anarchists fall into the trap.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Jel Shaker posted:

that was NATO not the EU

lol :actually:

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Lol

quote:

Kostyuk is based now in Monaco

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Mr Teatime posted:

the common ground in both of them is America on one side

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Budzilla posted:

Rhee was terrible fortunately he was eventually rid of. Although making peace overtures then invading SK probably has people in Seoul since then thinking that we can't trust Kim Il-Sung.

You are a gullible fool who slurps up whatever narrative his government feeds him

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

"i decided to ditch all sense of sportsmanship because my opponent was of the wrong ethnicity, and shamefully enough the audience booed me for it" has gotta be pretty far up there in the sense of entitlement levels

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol eat poo poo kostyuk you suck

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Budzilla posted:

he was (eventually, there was some guy briefly inbetween) succeeded by park chung hee who was basically syngman rhee 2.0

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

thats ok my nephews did this too as toddlers. she'll grow out of it

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Cerebral Bore posted:

"i decided to ditch all sense of sportsmanship because my opponent was of the wrong ethnicity, and shamefully enough the audience booed me for it" has gotta be pretty far up there in the sense of entitlement levels

I'm pretty sure they expected to be handed Eurovision this year as well

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

quote:

When Seoul was recaptured in late September 1950, an estimated 30,000 South Koreans were summarily deemed collaborators with the North Koreans and shot by ROK forces.[11]: 98  At least one US lieutenant colonel is known to have approved the executions at the request of a South Korean regimental commander. Lt. Col. Rollins S. Emmerich, after initially stalling and disapproving, told the South Korean regimental commander Kim Chong-won that he could kill a large number of political prisoners in Busan if the North Korean troops approached so that they would not fall into enemy hands. A mass execution of 3,400 South Koreans did indeed take place near Busan that summer.

quote:

The massacre was also reported to both Washington and Gen. Douglas MacArthur,[3] who described it as an "internal matter".

Rhee: a bad dude but eventually went away (a decade later and after murdering protesting students, forcing him to flee to the US).

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Mr Teatime posted:

Yeah it’s very weird tbh.

using casualty numbers to refute the disingenuous accusation of deliberate civilian targeting with missiles was a rookie mistake but obviously is not the same as claiming those deaths don't matter unlike what your dumbass friends are implying with "Russian terrorist" and "most of the civilian deaths happened in the first year"

gb2gbs dipshit. your amateur bullshit isn't going fly here, we've been dealing with mlmp for a year.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
i'm curious why you would legitimize one of saurons orcs by playing with them in the first place. would hermione have played quidditch against a death eater?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

So this is the dying guy right?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

FIFA kicked russia out of the world cup for completely political reasons so now it’s expected that ukraine should win every competition across all sports or at least have russias spot instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Frosted Flake posted:

I'm pretty sure they expected to be handed Eurovision this year as well

Nah. The last time anyone two years in a row was over thirty years ago, and there are more contestants now. No one expected Ukraine to win this year after they took last year.

Betting websites for Eurovision (this is a thing, lmao) had Ukraine in single digit percent odds to win leading up the finals.