Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New chapter of Shiori Experience
Looks like we're introducing the last two contractors of the series. Pretty sure this chapter spoiled it but it should be Jim Morrison and Brian Jones going by the associated plugs on the backs of the necks of the two new guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Drops of God is getting a live action 8 episode series on AppleTV, weird!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_y2j72Cfe4

It looks really loving good too!!

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

another hideki arai manga is being scanned, sugar this time

https://mangadex.org/title/3bcf5d7a-3d97-4515-9ec6-0f9a26fb0219/sugar

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
https://twitter.com/SugoiLITE/status/1648306657779417089?t=kDAU8_cCGJcN_3iYfX-nfg&s=19

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
speaking of, i'm very very intrigued by this

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1650106556682317824
the variety article made no mention of this being an adaptation, plus I think the project is listed as in development so who knows how far along it is and we don't even know if it will be a feature or a short considering the brevity of the original work, plus iwaisawa and arai's twitter accounts have made no mention of anything, but I still can't help but feel really amped about this and what would be on the table sometime in the (not near) future

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Reading 'Blood on the Tracks' right now and it's amazing psychological horror.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Does anyone follow Kingdom? Last arc got me in the feels a bit. This manga is getting long and it feels like we've been with some of the characters forever at this point. I kinda wanna do a reread but it would be like my third or fourth time through in total and I think I'll have to save it for the end.

How much longer can this loving manga be though, there's so much left to go...

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hilario Baldness posted:

Reading 'Blood on the Tracks' right now and it's amazing psychological horror.

Good time to do so, its wrapping up.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tosk posted:

I kinda wanna do a reread but it would be like my third or fourth time through in total and I think I'll have to save it for the end.

How much longer can this loving manga be though, there's so much left to go...

It has enough material left for a couple of decades so, dunno, go play some star citizen before doing the reread.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Coaaab posted:

speaking of, i'm very very intrigued by this

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1650106556682317824

the variety article made no mention of this being an adaptation, plus I think the project is listed as in development so who knows how far along it is and we don't even know if it will be a feature or a short considering the brevity of the original work, plus iwaisawa and arai's twitter accounts have made no mention of anything, but I still can't help but feel really amped about this and what would be on the table sometime in the (not near) future
update: iwaisawa and arai finally made the project official on their twitters and this japanese article https://natalie.mu/eiga/news/522563 confirmed my suppositions about it being an in-development project where they're showing a three-minute pilot film at the Annecy Animation Showcase at Cannes to solicit production partners and funding with the aim to make a 80-90 minute feature film. really hope it works out for them and hope to see the finished product some years from now

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Record of Ragnarok Chapter 77

So current then?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well we get a stinker of a fight for every 3 (slightly under 3 lubu vs thor was mediocre) good ones.
And maybe therell be another roster shake up with mr. not ex boyfriend.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
https://twitter.com/kanaten_PR/status/1651029576229994496
Stupid Angel dances with the Devil is getting an anime. Along with 'Mysteries, Maidens, and Mysterious Disapperances' I hope that snowballs into an official english release.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
some kind soul finished up Yomawari Sensei

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Brought To You By posted:

https://twitter.com/kanaten_PR/status/1651029576229994496
Stupid Angel dances with the Devil is getting an anime.
oh hell yeah, I hope it's as dumb as the manga

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

It’s nice that as the series went on, they started to adapted stories with happier endings. Hope we see some more Tsuchida manga getting translated.

Coaaab posted:

update: iwaisawa and arai finally made the project official on their twitters and this japanese article https://natalie.mu/eiga/news/522563 confirmed my suppositions about it being an in-development project where they're showing a three-minute pilot film at the Annecy Animation Showcase at Cannes to solicit production partners and funding with the aim to make a 80-90 minute feature film. really hope it works out for them and hope to see the finished product some years from now

I’m so excited but also drat having to wait 3 years.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its been a couple of years but another violence action chapter dropped. i have no idea whats going on because its been a couple of years lol

https://mangadex.org/chapter/9570ad90-c576-4d42-921f-d5bbec15e195/3

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
About time! I saw there was a truly terrible Netflix adaptation of the series recently. With the right team it could have been a surrealist John Wick, but it looked very cheap indeed.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Oshi No Ko teaches us to expect nothing from live action adaptations

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Sindai posted:

Oshi No Ko teaches us to expect nothing from live action adaptations

Unless the genius child actor who can lick baking soda is given a chance to shine.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The next fight in Record of Ragnarok begins. Leonidas vs. Apollo. Interesting aesthetic Leonidas has.

Also, the last chapter of Tenkaichi until Versus wraps up. Wasn't expecting a Gu ritual backstory.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

The next fight in Record of Ragnarok begins. Leonidas vs. Apollo. Interesting aesthetic Leonidas has.
I feel like I lost the same bet the translator did. Simo should be stepping up here but maybe Captain AmericaGreece will deliver.

quote:

Also, the last chapter of Tenkaichi until Versus wraps up. Wasn't expecting a Gu ritual backstory.
Great, so Kojiro is getting tentative plot armor all the way up till the semi-finals so they can fight the Ittosai. At this point the real surprise would be Jisai getting cucked out of his revenge by any of the other fighters taking out Kojiro or Ittosai but it ain't going to be Uncle Hanzo. Why do the boring fighters get to move forward?

Still a better plot point than current Kengan Omega.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

I feel like I lost the same bet the translator did. Simo should be stepping up here but maybe Captain AmericaGreece will deliver.

Great, so Kojiro is getting tentative plot armor all the way up till the semi-finals so they can fight the Ittosai. At this point the real surprise would be Jisai getting cucked out of his revenge by any of the other fighters taking out Kojiro or Ittosai but it ain't going to be Uncle Hanzo. Why do the boring fighters get to move forward?

Still a better plot point than current Kengan Omega.

I dunno, I could see Kojiro losing and then Jisai turning to another fighter for his revenge. We've already theorized that from here on, techniques are gonna develop and hybridize and this dude is basically the ultimate martial arts trainer.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh cool more SPARRTAAA for the 1000th time.
At least that wont factor in as much and the grudge is personal for leonidas? probably something to do with the apollos prophecies and how the gods despite being indifferent to mortals can just decide to wipe the earth.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Hypocrisy posted:

Why is the page so small?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kojiro's getting beat by Musashi obviously.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Also uh...I guess it was an April Fools joke and Tenkaichi isn't going on hiatus. This artist is churning out a massive number of pages each month then between that and Versus.

Jisai is depicted as such a loser in that backstory that his revenge imploding round 1 feels very possible to me.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Oh cool more SPARRTAAA for the 1000th time.
At least that wont factor in as much and the grudge is personal for leonidas? probably something to do with the apollos prophecies and how the gods despite being indifferent to mortals can just decide to wipe the earth.

tbh I’m more bored by Apollo. There are a lot of gods in the world, why are the Greeks monopolizing the spotlight? At least this Leonidas has a cool aesthetic; it’s not like he’s out there dressed as a hoplite.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I Am Fowl posted:

I dunno, I could see Kojiro losing and then Jisai turning to another fighter for his revenge. We've already theorized that from here on, techniques are gonna develop and hybridize and this dude is basically the ultimate martial arts trainer.

I still suspect that hanzo will "lose" the first round but have a body double prepared or something so he can operate in the background against Nobunaga. But because a couple fighters have highlighted that Kojiro hasn't used everything they have yet, that's plenty good to carry them into the next round with some confidence. So far the fighters that lost used everything they could have mustered in their first fight.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

nrook posted:

tbh I’m more bored by Apollo. There are a lot of gods in the world, why are the Greeks monopolizing the spotlight? At least this Leonidas has a cool aesthetic; it’s not like he’s out there dressed as a hoplite.

If i hae to guess its that the greek gods are well known and have defined powers/dominions and personalities, and most importantly are famously vindictive and petty.
Seems theyre also going for a Louis 16th type thing with him.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

nrook posted:

I agree that the other gods should get more spotlight, but the Greek gods being related does give them more interpersonal character relationships that allow for more drama in the conflicts. It just kind of sucks that due to the nature of the tournament, so far 5 out of 9 rounds will have been from the Greek Pantheon. :nallears:

Julias fucked around with this message at 15:02 on May 28, 2023

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Honestly impressed anyone can still enjoy record of ragnarok. It's so basic

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I agree, but basic doesn't mean bad. :shrug:

It does a great job in filling the Kengan Asura shaped hole in my heart, while it's sequel unfortunately failed.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I've probably just lost all joy in my heart because tbf it's the manga concept I would've imagined as a 10 year old and lost my poo poo about

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its exceptionally stupid but done in an interesting way. like the premise is very basic but then they go and pick jack the ripper and simo hayha (htf is his fight going to work) as human representatives lol

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
My secret wish is you never see Simo, whatever god they go against just shows up, boasts about how humans are cowards, and then his head pops like a balloon.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah between this and Tenkaichi we need a good joke where one side gets utterly jobbed. Although I guess (Tenkaichi) William Adams got dispatched pretty easily without anything besides some basic back-and-forth.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Honestly impressed anyone can still enjoy record of ragnarok. It's so basic
I've been chasing the high that was Adam vs Zeus this entire series but I still find stuff to enjoy even if the fights aren't that great despite a clash between the gods and the best of humanity.

Pierson posted:

Yeah between this and Tenkaichi we need a good joke where one side gets utterly jobbed. Although I guess (Tenkaichi) William Adams got dispatched pretty easily without anything besides some basic back-and-forth.
That fight was highway robbery and I demand justice.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Adam vs Zeus was good not great tbh

Also, people seemed real mad that the boring rapist with no other discernable personality traits got stomped in Tenkaichi. Don't really get why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also, people seemed real mad that the boring rapist with no other discernable personality traits got stomped in Tenkaichi. Don't really get why.
Because they gutted any of the real life William Adams in favor of a bland backstory and lovely personality trait to make him unlikable. On top of that his first appearance has him clearly carrying a Katana which makes sense because Adams was appointed as a Samurai during his life on Japan, on top of attaining high status. And instead made him a knife fighter whose technique was pigeon-holed to being useful on a boat but practically not much else. Then sacrificed to a paradoxically more boring psycho who has also been the mouthpiece of fighter commentary to a large degree up to that match meaning he was already far more likely to walk out the fight alive. It was lovely all around for that fight.

And if Adam didn't bring a tear to your eyes standing up for his kids I have nothing to say to you :colbert: