Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

What’s the best way to tell if I have a gas leak and/or where should I be looking? I’ve had my windows open all day and there’s been an odd smell and the paranoid side of me thinks it’s gas but I can’t tell if it’s in the house or if I’m just smelling it from outside

You can non emergent hotline for FD to come by and take readings. Don’t gently caress around with LP or NG if you think something’s off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Joey Freshwater posted:

What’s the best way to tell if I have a gas leak and/or where should I be looking? I’ve had my windows open all day and there’s been an odd smell and the paranoid side of me thinks it’s gas but I can’t tell if it’s in the house or if I’m just smelling it from outside

What parts of your house are powered by natural gas?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Bird in a Blender posted:

My first wedding I barely slept the night before I was so anxious. By the end of the night I pretty much passed out. It was a great party, but it was a really long day.

My second wedding we eloped, and that was so much better. Takes tons of pressure off, and you’re not spending most of your night trying to talk to a hundred different people. Just get married, take some pictures, then back to the hotel for some champagne, cake, and other fun times.

This is more or less my weddings story except I was 17 for the first one.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I am insanely glad no one was dumb enough to try and marry my dumbass 17-26 year old self.

Just a pure waxy stick of congealed naïveté.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I had more sex in the 12 hours after my wedding than I'd had to that point or have had since in any given week in my life. It was pretty nice.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

You can non emergent hotline for FD to come by and take readings. Don’t gently caress around with LP or NG if you think something’s off.

I had the neighbor come over and he said he could smell the same thing outside so don’t think it’s coming from the house but we’re calling the FD anyway in case there’s a neighborhood leak.

Air Skwirl posted:

What parts of your house are powered by natural gas?

The only thing I can think of would be the hot water heater and HVAC. Everything else is electric

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Quiet Feet posted:

I had more sex in the 12 hours after my wedding than I'd had to that point or have had since in any given week in my life. It was pretty nice.

Time for a new goon spreadsheet. Perhaps something like tidal charts.

I’m loving all the time: hosed this morning hosed this lunch, etc. will I gently caress this evening?

NO! That’s Zelda time :c00lbert:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

So twice?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Have you ever repeated a word so many times it starts to seem nonsensical? yeah, that's how much sexhaving I've been doing since age 15 and frankly I'm tired of these demands on my time. I have posts to make, lady!!!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEtE5amrPv4

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Please don’t doxx half of us in this thread

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Run around with an open flame. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

:ssh:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Long story short on our wedding, we consummated the marriage directly after the ceremony in the middle of the day.

All of our friends didn’t have sex on their wedding day.

We’re the only couple still together, so my unscientific advice is to take the skin boat to tuna town, slip her the old salami, take a ride on the wild baloney pony on your wedding day for future bliss.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

And somehow we’re still married despite him being a loving moron.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Despite or because of?

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 00:23 on May 29, 2023

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bird in a Blender posted:

Despite of because of?

Same difference, really.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

Long story short on our wedding, we consummated the marriage directly after the ceremony in the middle of the day.

All of our friends didn’t have sex on their wedding day.

We’re the only couple still together, so my unscientific advice is to take the skin boat to tuna town, slip her the old salami, take a ride on the wild baloney pony on your wedding day for future bliss.

Braksgirl posted:

:allears: I love this thread

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

lmbo

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Braksgirl posted:

Good title for your memoirs.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Quiet Feet posted:

Wild Baloney Pony:
And Somehow We're Still Married
(Despite Him Being a loving Moron)

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I've noticed an inverse relationship between price tag of wedding (by % of household income) and length of marriage

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Quiet Feet posted:

Moron and the Mouse, a Delicate Journey

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Presented without discussion.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

GD_American posted:

I've noticed an inverse relationship between price tag of wedding (by % of household income) and length of marriage

I don't know ... we were both making pretty good money at the time, the only things we paid for out-of-pocket with our wedding was her dress, the church rental, the limo and her ring (the rest I bartered with ads in the magazine I was running at the time), and we were legally married from July 2007 to February 2020, though separated in April 2018.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Anecodally all the < 5 year marriages I've seen from weddings attended were of the "she's got notebooks from junior high school with ideas" type

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Silly Burrito posted:

Presented without discussion.

:frogon:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

GD_American posted:

Anecodally all the < 5 year marriages I've seen from weddings attended were of the "she's got notebooks from junior high school with ideas" type

Idealized views of marriage probably don’t help. Or not thinking at all past the wedding itself lol

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

LeeMajors posted:

Idealized views of marriage probably don’t help. Or not thinking at all past the wedding itself lol

A lot of people want to get married and have a wedding without much consideration to who.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

swickles posted:

A lot of people want to get married and have a wedding without much consideration to who.

Our problem was that we got married when we were babies. I proposed in January of 2006, when I was 21 and she was 22. In July 2007, when the actual wedding happened, I was 22 and she was 23.

And then over the years, we just became very different people with very different goals, and after I got sober in 2009, she couldn't blame my drinking for the problems in our relationship anymore.

Anyway, she's remarried and good for her, I wish her the best. I haven't seen her since the day our divorce was finalized in court ... Valentine's Day, 2020.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

the gop has no interest in actually cutting social security, because the gop is dependent on old people to vote for them
even the verbiage given to putting some of it into the market back in the 90s was met by strong resistance within their own party, although al gore's "lockbox" metaphor has stuck around somehow

medicare is in more trouble than social security

if you want to theorize about the ways the republicans will gently caress up everything, there's so many other places to point to that are actually real, from environmental catastrophe to doubling down on violent racist policing to rolling back civil rights, you don't need to do their jobs for them and scare people about social security going bankrupt so they'll vote for spending cuts on important programs or believe that there's some kind of link between the national debt and the funding shortage for ss and medicare

meanwhile i encourage every american to save for retirement, if you can. bernstein's "if you can" is easy and quick reading that gives an introduction to what to do and I really appreciate the basic sentiment of not shaming people for being poor, just laying out in an orderly manner what you should do, if you have the money to do it
https://www.amazon.com/If-You-Can-Millennials-Slowly/dp/098878033X
it's free for ebook or three bucks for print
or PDF free on Bernstein's site, here:
http://efficientfrontier.com/ef/0adhoc/2books.htm
http://efficientfrontier.com/ef/0adhoc/ifyoucan.pdf

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Gotta complain about this here because I’ve complained about it to anyone who would listen and I’m still irritated as gently caress about it!

Garage is full of Holiday decoration totes we don’t have room for, and GF has a few furniture pieces in her apartment yet we don’t have a spot for, but don’t want to get rid of, so I leased a storage unit on Saturday AM.

She got off work and we went to her parents to borrow her dad’s truck and loaded all of her poo poo into that and filled my car, drove out to the storage unit, and that dumb dipshit mother fucker never set up the access code he gave me, so we were stuck with our collective dicks in our hands and had to talk her dad into letting us dump all of her poo poo off in his garage until we can contact them to get it straightened out. Which won’t be until Tuesday because of course it’s Memorial Day weekend and I can’t contact anyone.

But of course I got an automated text asking me to leave a review. You darn tootin’ I’ll leave you a review! :fuckoff:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Today has been thrown out of whack because I fell asleep on my sofa last night. Almost missed my haircut appointment, didn't start mowing my lawn until it was the hottest part of the day, still waiting on a chuck roast for get to temp on the smoker before I can turn it into chili tomorrow.

Luckily the pork chop I got on clearance was disocurse:. Sous vide with maple syrup & salsa verde, then served with purple asparagus and roasted coral & morel mushrooms.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Leperflesh posted:

the gop has no interest in actually reversing Roe v Wade

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Luckily climate catastrophe is 12-17 years away so don't worry too much about Social Security. Also please buy my book entitled "I hope your parents funded your Roth IRA annually from when you were 14 to your current age of 50 and you also own property, because the GOP will certainly never gently caress over people reliant on social safety nets as they have always been on board with supporting those things and not giving the money to tax breaks for the rich before"

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

Today has been thrown out of whack because I fell asleep on my sofa last night. Almost missed my haircut appointment, didn't start mowing my lawn until it was the hottest part of the day, still waiting on a chuck roast for get to temp on the smoker before I can turn it into chili tomorrow.

Luckily the pork chop I got on clearance was disocurse:. Sous vide with maple syrup & salsa verde, then served with purple asparagus and roasted coral & morel mushrooms.

Out loving standing looking meal.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

GD_American posted:

Our wedding was very cheap, maybe a couple thousand if you include my dress. We only paid for the dress, the flowers (came from Winn-Dixie) and the tux rental really. Oh, and the photographer who was just a local person. I think she charged me $250. SB’s parents made and bought all the food, the church was free, and we had no frills. It was a daytime wedding on the Fourth of July. He was 23 and I was 22. It’ll be 22 years ago this July 4.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Braksgirl posted:

Our wedding was very cheap, maybe a couple thousand if you include my dress. We only paid for the dress, the flowers (came from Winn-Dixie) and the tux rental really. Oh, and the photographer who was just a local person. I think she charged me $250. SB’s parents made and bought all the food, the church was free, and we had no frills. It was a daytime wedding on the Fourth of July. He was 23 and I was 22. It’ll be 22 years ago this July 4.

This is almost exactly how my wife and I did it too (only that we got married in the courthouse and had a reception in the park so people could have a place for their kids to play)

It'll be 10 years in a couple of weeks, so we've got a ways to go to get to 22 :)

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Braksgirl posted:

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

53:09 weight vest murph straight through

Time to start drinking

Happy Memorial Day