Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

name the cat goku

e :69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
harvey's just gonna sit there confused as some poster suggests to name it sexcopter and then that poster is just flamed for 2 pages

IronLawnmower
Aug 28, 2014
Name the cat Sexcopter.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
My ex-wife has been continually jokingly asking what I am going to do if one of you knows my address and decides to come
kill, cook, and eat me.

Um, bon appetit?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

harveys zoo zoos posted:

when did arcades go away

Early to mid 00s. The widespread popularization of console gaming with the Nintendo 64, PlayStation/PlayStation 2 and Xbox meant people could play the same video games at home that they could at the arcade anytime they wanted and for functionally free once they bought the game, and mass produced consoles were cheaper to make and buy than giant rear end arcade video game cabinets.

I watched a local arcade go from being THE popular downtown hang out spot packed with hundreds of people every day to a loving used furniture store in the span of like 2 years. It was not fun.

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

A Terrible Person posted:

Sounds like his friend, Lamar, was a big part of both teaching him the ropes and making sure his head stayed on straight.

Hey, Harvey,; just wanted to let you know that you're playing a dangerous game using your real name. You've done wonderful keeping certain information close to the chest, and you should absolutely keep it that way. There's a thing called "doxing" these days where people and robots try to get your personal information for a variety of reasons.

*personal info removed pending review* You shouldn't share that poo poo either. I already have the feds watching me, so I couldn't care less. State police and the FBI both are aware of my activities, and they're even tracking my ex-wife. poo poo sucks, but what are you gonna do?

Don't know if you recall how one of my nicknames was "Podfather," but that was when I was in the low security wing of the county jail (basically like daycare for adults) and I risked spending a week in solitary for first bitching out the guards over intercom for sarcastically making GBS threads on the only older black man in our group that *everyone* respected, then telling off the guy they sent to shut me down. They were in the wrong, they disrespected him, and I refused to back down on his behalf. The nickname was a half-condescending joke, but also half respectful. You know how it goes, yeah?

*Edit* yes, my really real name is "Jim Bob". gently caress everyone who gives a poo poo. My addresses is also *personal info removed pending review* and my trailer door is never unlocked. I have nothing worth stealing except for maybe a cheap tv that I have actively been trying to get rid of. Living your real life free of worries is the greatest thing you can ever do.

Mod edit by CaptainSarcastic: Out of an excess of caution I'm blanking out personal information for now. It can be restored if deemed appropriate, but with this kind of thing I think it's better to err on the side of caution.

So, uh, basically don't do what I just did. I got nothing to lose and am already being monitored, so I don't give a poo poo. But, seriously, keep that sorta poo poo close to the chest.

And if anyone feels like robbing me, send me an email in advance and I'll probably freely give you anything you're interested in. Better than risking breaking and entering charges.

I'm ridiculously reasonable these days.

My ex-wife has been continually jokingly asking what I am going to do if one of you knows my address and decides to come
kill, cook, and eat me.

Um, bon appetit?

Are you an unmedicated paranoid schizophrenic? Because randomly posting your name and address and ranting about how your ex-wife and the FBI are monitoring your every move sure sounds like it.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

kill, cook, and eat me.

Um, bon appetit?

Look I'm sorry, but nobody is going to satisfy your fetish for free.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Rufus Ping posted:

Are you an unmedicated paranoid schizophrenic? Because randomly posting your name and address and ranting about how your ex-wife and the FBI are monitoring your every move sure sounds like it.

they said they're an ex con themselves and it makes perfectly reasonable sense that they're being monitored.

unless that was a lie, but its consistent anyway.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Rufus Ping posted:

whoa whoa whoa. Maybe he's just a drunk. I once posted my cell phone number

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Early to mid 00s. The widespread popularization of console gaming with the Nintendo 64, PlayStation/PlayStation 2 and Xbox meant people could play the same video games at home that they could at the arcade anytime they wanted and for functionally free once they bought the game, and mass produced consoles were cheaper to make and buy than giant rear end arcade video game cabinets.

I watched a local arcade go from being THE popular downtown hang out spot packed with hundreds of people every day to a loving used furniture store in the span of like 2 years. It was not fun.

the arcade had a technical leg up until at least the dreamcast I’d reckon, which was pretty close to naomi arcade hardware and it had tons of great ports of arcade games as a result

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?

Smugworth posted:

You ever dream about opening up your own hot dog shop op

Harvey knows a thing or two about serving up cheap hot snacks

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Still, it would be really cool to have an arcade cabinet in your home

JonBolds
Feb 6, 2015

Hey Harvey I think we're all rooting for you out here. Most people would agree that you got a poo poo deal and our justice system didn't deliver real justice for you.

You've mentioned birdwatching a few times. Totally good for you. There are often local groups that meet up to do this and you might really enjoy that. Parks systems in many counties have events where you can go along to learn about the birds.

Unlike in the 80s a nice binoculars or monocular are not nearly as expensive as they were. Much cheaper than then, so maybe think about getting one of those to look at cool birds with some time. A lot of monoculars double as a telescope if you want to get into looking at stars and things.

I'm sure your cousin can help you find apps for bird and plant identification. If you like being out in the woods check out citizen naturalist projects local to you.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Hi Harvey, a decade ago this song was insanely popular worldwide and was the first video on youtube to have 1Billion views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

Things got weird.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Vapor Moon posted:

Hi Harvey, a decade ago this song was insanely popular worldwide and was the first video on youtube to have 1Billion views.

Things got weird.
It holds up!!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Vapor Moon posted:

Things got weird.

that was only ten years ago? feels longer

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I'm not trying to derail my man Harvey's thread but are you doing ok ATP?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

JonBolds posted:

Hey Harvey I think we're all rooting for you out here. Most people would agree that you got a poo poo deal and our justice system didn't deliver real justice for you.
I mean. He murdered a guy.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mordja posted:

who hasn't?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Mordja posted:

He had a pretty solid reason.

No reason to believe the justice system was going to do anything to help him.

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

Mordja posted:

It sounds kinda like the guy needed murderin', though.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Well, read the thread from the beginning and I'm all caught up. A very good read, thanks Harvey!

My dayjob is in cybersecurity (trying to stop hackers) and you mentioned liking Mr. Robot so I'll say this: Usually the way hacking is portrayed in movies and TV is completely unrealistic and most of the time just silly. But the hacking in Mr. Robot is some of the most realistic ever shown on TV, which makes the show that much better.

Good to have you around, looking forward to more stories. Best of luck.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

kill, cook, and eat me.

Um, bon appetit?

Stop trying to make this thread about you.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Hey Harvey what kind of music are you into? You should go see a concert, there are a lot of sick bands out there putting on some insane live performances now. For example.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Who’s gonna explain cryptocurrency and NFTs to Harvey and how loving stupid the future is

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

sticksy posted:

Who’s gonna explain cryptocurrency and NFTs to Harvey and how loving stupid the future is

Ill do it. I will take that bullet
Edit: Depend on if he remembers the 1930s crash or not. I don't know how to explain it otherwise

Mumpy Puffinz fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 29, 2023

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

MrQwerty posted:

Can't vote if you're a convicted felon, but you can absolutely run for office as one.

The New Mexico GOP just ran one in Albuquerque, criminal history indicating he's a violent armed robber who did time for it; and after he got crushed in the last election, he hired a hitman to kill his political enemies, got caught (after they shot up a house with children in it), and will be going back to prison.

Depends on the state, some states allow felons to vote once they have completed their sentence.

EDIT: and for y own story:

I was raped as a child when I was 10 years old (because I insisted I was a girl. This was in the early 90s so... yeah). Guy who did it ended up murdering my mother (sadly, never was classified as a homicide until after he died). He did end up in prison for raping a 17 year old. He died in prison in January of last year of COVID.

If I had been able to pass onto one of his fellow inmates (not possible due to distance/time involved) what he did to me, what potentially would have happened to him?

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 02:33 on May 29, 2023

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Kilonum posted:

Depends on the state, some states allow felons to vote once they have completed their sentence.

just looked it up and we could make a constitution amendment about this, ya know. Texas and Florida

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Rufus Ping posted:

And others:

I'm fine, just trying to help by example.

I may be hosed up, but that's okay
We all have our individual troubles. I got nothing to hide, my friend

And, ah, apologies if I start hijacking Your thread

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Kilonum posted:

EDIT: and for y own story:

I was raped as a child when I was 10 years old (because I insisted I was a girl. This was in the early 90s so... yeah). Guy who did it ended up murdering my mother (sadly, never was classified as a homicide until after he died). He did end up in prison for raping a 17 year old. He died in prison in January of last year of COVID.

If I had been able to pass onto one of his fellow inmates (not possible due to distance/time involved) what he did to me, what potentially would have happened to him?

that is an awful thing that happened to you. I don't really know what else to say

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

sticksy posted:

a lotta yall still dont get it

ape holders can use multiple slurp juices on a single ape

so if you have 1 astro ape and 3 slurp juices you can create 3 new apes

Tonight's slurp juice mint event is essentially a minting event for both Lab Monkes and Special Forces

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

did anyone in the joint ever get scurvy

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This dramatic reading of that tweet lets you know just how seriously you should treat NFTs.

https://twitter.com/JuiceSimpsons/status/1523551892432953345?lang=en

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

a lotta yall still dont get it

ape holders can use multiple slurp juices on a single ape

so if you have 1 astro ape and 3 slurp juices you can create 3 new apes

Tonight's slurp juice mint event is essentially a minting event for both Lab Monkes and Special Forces

hey listen i don’t understand any of whatever you said but you better not say it again okay

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Mordja posted:

again assuming the story is legit, man did have it coming

The Bible
May 8, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

This dramatic reading of that tweet lets you know just how seriously you should treat NFTs.

https://twitter.com/JuiceSimpsons/status/1523551892432953345?lang=en

Okay, the convergence of crypto, NFTs, and ATHF here is just too dense and frankly cruel to the man. You're basically transporting a caveman into the dumbest possible future with no explanation of anything.

We all had YEARS of exposure to these things separately and we still don't really understand them.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 29, 2023

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

harveys zoo zoos posted:

when did arcades go away

are there any still around

As other people have said, most arcades today are corporate places like Chuck E Cheese. The ones for adults that are still successful sell a lot of alcohol to make up the difference.

Your best chance at finding one near you is to look up Dave & Buster's since they have locations nation wide.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Hello from Australia harvey zoo zoos,

https://goontu.be/ is a loosely affiliated offsite chat where people can add videos to watch. There is a separate thread here in GBS where people announce watch times for movies. Its a pretty chill and tolerant place and you should check it out, we'd be happy to have you. I have three questions:

Being that you were a big reader, were there any books that were "banned" or just never available in the penal system? You mentioned you guys loved Shawshank, but I'd imagine certain themes and topics were not made available? I can't imagine they'd want you guys reading Foucault or having access to certain mechanical manuals or even some occult stuff.

Being that there was a Women's prison colocated with your facility and there were guys blasting spunk into cups for for female prisoners, were there physical/sexual relationships between men and women within the same prison?

You mentioned prisoners weaponizing poop a lot. Ever get poop on you?

Lister posted:

As other people have said, most arcades today are corporate places like Chuck E Cheese. The ones for adults that are still successful sell a lot of alcohol to make up the difference.

Your best chance at finding one near you is to look up Dave & Buster's since they have locations nation wide.

I'm gonna have to disagree, most major metros have "old school" style arcades. Pinball has made a huge resurgence in a ton of cities with leagues popping up all over.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

The Bible posted:

Okay, the convergence of crypto, NFTs, and ATHF here is just too dense and frankly cruel to the man. You're basically transporting a caveman into the dumbest possible future with no explanation of anything.

We all had YEARS of exposure to these things separately and we still don't really understand them.

I thought Crytpo and NFTs were explained a few times already so here goes the ATHF explanation.

ATHF is a cartoon and it's dumb and the plots don't make sense but the episodes are short and the jokes are funny.

The language of Crypto and NFTs is so dumb their buzzwords fit perfectly into the dumb joke cartoon.

Edit:

On a tangentially related note, there's a channel called Dankmus where the guy turns old Simpsons clips into music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMmxSEiqtdQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMRcIOjdojU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApaGxk2j0II

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 06:30 on May 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

I thought Crytpo and NFTs were explained a few times already so here goes the ATHF explanation.

ATHF is a cartoon and it's dumb and the plots don't make sense but the episodes are short and the jokes are funny.

You can find and watch it, but you really need to be high for it to work, so that's probably a bad idea in your situation, OP.

I mean, it isn't BAD when you're not high, but goddamn does it hit different when you are.