Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Thank you for being on this journey with us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

I want to see more pics of the donut hovel that aren’t closeups of broken machinery and rat poo poo.

A Haunted Pug
Aug 10, 2007

alas.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Big Taint posted:

I want to see more pics of the donut hovel that aren’t closeups of broken machinery and rat poo poo.

that's the whole theme!

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Talking to neighbor lady about buying her front yard or maybe entire house to have more parking lot

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
Slow down man you won't have anything to escalate to soon at this rate

Edit: maybe you could build a second donut place on the property

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

cinnamon rollout posted:

Slow down man you won't have anything to escalate to soon at this rate

Edit: maybe you could build a second donut place on the property

You're not thinking big enough, franchise opportunities are coming soon*.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Rationale posted:

Talking to neighbor lady about buying her front yard or maybe entire house to have more parking lot

I am not a "business expert" but maybe you should open your business and see long customers stay in the store before you expand the loving non-existent parking lot.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

A+ troll, would get griefed again by OP

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

The X-man cometh posted:

I am not a "business expert" but maybe you should open your business and see long customers stay in the store before you expand the loving non-existent parking lot.

the parking lot is the only place people are making donuts

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
how many cars would fit now?

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Like six cars could park unless we have the drive-through come off the alley which I think will tank volume

Then where is staff going to park? How long before someone parks in the way of the manufacturing business next door and sits down in my store to read the paper?

So yeah another 10-12 spots can really make a difference eat my rear end nerds

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I do not want rear end. I want holes.

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Revel is a good name!

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

The X-man cometh posted:

You gotta spend money to make money, Lou.

The bigger your investment, the easier it is to make the money back in a low profit margin volatile business.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

This is a great idea but what exactly are all 10-12 more customers going to buy?

Wait, what donuts?

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Flea market donut lady was $2.50 for classic and $3 for filled and there was a line

The dough tasted like the white bread at an Amish restaurant and the rings were huge and irregular

The filling was done by hand which worked fabulously because they used cherry pie filling with whole cherries and all the other fillings were similarly textured

And there was a chewy layer most of the dough was fluffy and tender but right at the outside it had enough snap for contrast and structure

Overall 10/10 very very good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAi7-8vm9RU

Rationale fucked around with this message at 18:42 on May 27, 2023

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Rationale posted:

Flea market donut lady was $2.50 for classic and $3 for filled and there was a line

The dough tasted like the white bread at an Amish restaurant and the rings were huge and irregular

The filling was done by hand which worked fabulously because they used cherry pie filling with whole cherries and all the other fillings were similarly textured

And there was a chewy layer most of the dough was fluffy and tender but right at the outside it had enough snap for contrast and structure

Overall 10/10 very very good

You should hire her to make donuts with all of your equipment. She's probably churning out these very good donuts in her kitchen with a 1 gallon fryer.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

If only you had her to make you donuts

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
Open a rival stall across from hers at the flea market

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I think I’ll leave donut lady alone you freaks

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Rationale posted:

i'd suggest you apprentice for her to learn how to make donuts and learn how to run a business

but I don't want to disrupt her profitable business

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

your town may have a problem with using a residential lot for commercial parking lot, and you might want to like, check about that before buying a house to do that to
also a donut shop probably does need more than six parking places, I wonder if maybe this crappy old building on a gravel lot with not much parking is really the ideal place to open a donut shop, oh well nevermind just wrassle your way past these obstacles with gumption

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Who said anything about gravel it’s old plates and stuff

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

An extremely successful long-standing donut shop in town here has probably fewer than six parking spots so idk you sound a bit over your skis here

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Also the owner of the lot across the alley to see about doing the retention pond there

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Rationale posted:

Yeah wife pregnant rentals busted garden screaming my name

Like I tell them at work I’m one guy with two hands and there really are physical limitations on a human body. Time I spend ruining cake batter in my driveway is time I can’t spend on sewing up the hole in my pocket.

I said I was gonna do it I didn’t say it was going to be fast or easy lol

We’re naming the baby Revel. I’ve been exhausted for years but there is so much joy.

Congratulations on your new child, Scooter

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Bloody posted:

An extremely successful long-standing donut shop in town here has probably fewer than six parking spots so idk you sound a bit over your skis here

there are drive thru only places with zero parking spots that seem to do ok :shrug:

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Have you considered getting licensee rights to make it Garfield themed? GarfieldTREATS?

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Rationale posted:

Wait why? Have you at least picked her brain? Why wouldn't you have a chat and see if there's something there? Lean about a competitor, gain a mentor, seems worth turning over that rock

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Show more holes

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Have you considered getting licensee rights to make it Garfield themed? GarfieldTREATS?

Don’t cross the streams.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'

Epitope posted:

Wait why? Have you at least picked her brain? Why wouldn't you have a chat and see if there's something there? Lean about a competitor, gain a mentor, seems worth turning over that rock

If I catch her sitting down I’ll probably be curious but I waited in line for like fifteen minutes and it was longer after I got served she wasn’t chit-chatting

I’ll hold up the line asking dumbass baking questions with a GoPro on my head it’s inevitable why have you done this

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I am an old I do not understand influencer, I'd just give her my business card :P

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Rationale posted:

If I catch her sitting down I’ll probably be curious but I waited in line for like fifteen minutes and it was longer after I got served she wasn’t chit-chatting

I’ll hold up the line asking dumbass baking questions with a GoPro on my head it’s inevitable why have you done this

She's making donuts and you are not.

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat

Leperflesh posted:

your town may have a problem with using a residential lot for commercial parking lot, and you might want to like, check about that before buying a house to do that to
also a donut shop probably does need more than six parking places, I wonder if maybe this crappy old building on a gravel lot with not much parking is really the ideal place to open a donut shop, oh well nevermind just wrassle your way past these obstacles with gumption
Look, none of this matters, he has no choice. He was given this building, therefore he has to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to turn it into a donut shop. His hands are tied!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

We are ruled by holes. Don’t you watch the tv?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Thinking about how my dad's failed business affected my childhood. Don't know why. anyway good luck op get that ohio shithole donut money

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Thinking about how my dad's failed business affected my childhood. Don't know why. anyway good luck op get that ohio shithole donut money

My parents took my sock money in grade school because they bought too much yahoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Rationale posted:

My parents took my sock money in grade school because they bought too much yahoo

And now I'm wondering if he meant stock or some kind of drug I've never heard called that before