Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
I’m sure once the main story wraps up and the game everyone left to work on launches things will finally pick up around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

sunday at work posted:

I’m sure once the main story wraps up and the game everyone left to work on launches crashes and burns because by the time it releases everyone will be chasing...

*guy fiere appears out of nowhere and spins a randomizer* whimsical immersive pillow fort defense strategy games, things will finally pick up around here.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Dungeon down. Cool environment and really cool concept. Most of the mechanics are fun individually but the middle encounter piles on a few too many (I think there are more steps to get a DPS phase than for the final boss) and the boss shield mechanic and health pools are a big gently caress you to solo players who are now required to run arbalest to get sizable DPS windows

For that matter, arbalest being an OHK on a shield that appears to have about several hundred thousand health seems unintentional and I wonder if that will change in the future

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
A video of an MMO streamer who plays VOG blind for the first time.
https://youtu.be/kU1JPtlU7FI

Highlights:
- No in-game LFG for an MMO is insane and bad.
- The beginning takes far too long
- Jumping puzzles are bad
- The bosses are all very fun and well designed
- The environments are fantastic and well designed
- The Gorgon Labyrinth is utter bullshit for new players
- Nimbus is an awful character.
- He still hasn't finished the new campaign because it's incredibly boring.

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 20:41 on May 28, 2023

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Apparently Acrius is extremely good and can one phase the first dungeon boss.

ACRIUS IS BACK BAYBEEEEEE

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

everything about this Black Garden place is so pretty man, why doesnt Bungie use it more? just gorgeous views

do people even do that old Shadowkeep raid anymore... ?

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

frajaq posted:

everything about this Black Garden place is so pretty man, why doesnt Bungie use it more? just gorgeous views

I have to assume this is some kind of company wide directive to avoid reusing levels assets after people made fun of them for reusing so many levels in Halo CE.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

frajaq posted:

It's the only way to get Divinity so it's probably ticked up recently

It (the black garden) also an artifact from D1Y1 so it probably doesn't fit into the newest story design very well

haveblue fucked around with this message at 00:07 on May 29, 2023

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

life_source posted:

I have to assume this is some kind of company wide directive to avoid reusing levels assets after people made fun of them for reusing so many levels in Halo CE.

There is no way this is something they have ever considered at any point for even 1 second, IMHO

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

life_source posted:

They re-use assets literally constantly

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
They literally reused the black garden three months ago.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Salvage and Deep Dive activities? Re-used assets!

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
I'm glad you are all here to dogpile on me for my dumb joke about 2000's level design.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

frajaq posted:

there are people who do basically nothing but farm it. here's a link to a reddit AMA by one of them with a link to their GoS discord

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
so the new titan exotic chest is completely useless?

you have to do a pretty long animation, and then you... get to throw your barricade

it will apply stuff like the strand suspend blast and void overshield... so the most optimal thing I can think of is to save your teammates, maybe

I tried using it aggressively in pvp because barricades do a lot of damage if people walk through them, but the hitbox is pretty slim so it's hard to connect and guess what? I ended up just saving them since they used it for cover

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

they ever gonna do something about how loving miserable it feels to do lost sectors on legendary solo now or are they happy with this poo poo

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

Legendary lost sectors are absolutely terrible slogs until some magical light level threshold where they become totally fine. Overall it really sucks, but people keep talking about light level going away so maybe that's the way it will get fixed

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Whirling posted:

they ever gonna do something about how loving miserable it feels to do lost sectors on legendary solo now or are they happy with this poo poo

they're fine, ran them yesterday and today, just have a good loadout and a plan,

and actually be levelled up a bit- although they didn't raise the powercap this season (good) they still reset the artifact power, so this first week you're probably 15 below at minimum, most likely much more.

also never ever farm them for exotics, it's not worth that. just do them for the new exotic and then forget about em.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Whirling posted:

No because yes

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Whirling posted:

Lmao

We're back folks

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
You're missing all the high-level cool perks from the artifact too this early unless you've been grinding your balls off

Wait til you have all the unlocks and it should be fine with a decent build

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I ran the LLS once and the new warlock helm immediately dropped for me and I haven't even been able to finish one on my titan or warlock. It's gonna be a while before I get those

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

oh yeah it's also been moon and throne world lost sectors which are long and terrible on their own, even without legendary

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Ignoring the 700 hours I have in it this game is literally unplayable.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
this is what I've been using. just need one more pattern for craftable Acasia's Dejection, then slapping enhanced Rewind Rounds and Target Lock on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASTNsRsGtcQ

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
:siren: :siren: the shuro chi chest can drop red frames! :siren: :siren:

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

PERMACAV 50 posted:

:siren: :siren: the shuro chi chest can drop red frames! :siren: :siren:

You mean the hidden chest?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Hamelekim posted:

You mean the hidden chest?

Yep. I got a red frame Transfiguration and someone else got a Supremacy so it wasn't just a fluke/glitch.

The downside is it can also drop armor. Either way, it's definitely worth nabbing on all three characters every week just for the chance.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

frajaq posted:

there was literally a mission there in lightfall. It was pretty good.

haveblue posted:

It's the only way to get Divinity so it's probably ticked up recently

It (the black garden) also an artifact from D1Y1 so it probably doesn't fit into the newest story design very well

it is extremely relevant nowadays. lightfall spoilers i guess: the vex were trying to recreate the veil in there. that's what the black heart was. it's also got a lot of poo poo going on in there with it being the point of creation of the universe. The mesa is the original tree of silver wings, cut down... and that's still incredibly relevant.

We'll probably hear a bit more about the black garden, but I dont know if we'll see new areas of it.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I fully anticipate we’re not gonna be getting many answers about the Vex until the “Light and Darkness Saga” is over. They’ve got a lot of really awesome lore that makes them intimidating in their own right, maybe enough to be the new main antagonists of the franchise.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Mazerunner posted:

so the new titan exotic chest is completely useless?

you have to do a pretty long animation, and then you... get to throw your barricade

it will apply stuff like the strand suspend blast and void overshield... so the most optimal thing I can think of is to save your teammates, maybe

I tried using it aggressively in pvp because barricades do a lot of damage if people walk through them, but the hitbox is pretty slim so it's hard to connect and guess what? I ended up just saving them since they used it for cover

Imo it's an amazing trials exotic, being able to cut off lines with barricade is huge. Everywhere else there's no use for it

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I can't give commendations anymore. I don't get the lineup screen with all the players, just the old scoreboard but without the stars next to the names.

Anyone else having this issue or am I just special?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I can't give commendations anymore. I don't get the lineup screen with all the players, just the old scoreboard but without the stars next to the names.

Is that in an activity you've done a ton of this week, and does it persist across activities?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

A friend is dealing with the same.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I don't know what happened with the season change but I can't get through anything it seems. End of last season I was doing alright did some heroic nightfalls was holding my own with solar bonk titan. I'm now at the point where I have gotten stuck on both the operation thunderbolt boss and the tormentor for the new strand thing. I've tried arc titan with hoil but the abilities don't seem to come back fast enough. I just have no idea what to do now.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I swear things were hitting me harder in the nightfalls. I assume it's just some weird early seasons power/confirmation bias thing but I feel you.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It may be partly that and it may be that this week is a particularly dangerous nightfall- Fallen plus arc threat means almost everything is doing 25% more damage

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
The corrupted is the next NF in rotation right? Goddamn I hate that one.

I was on a team that one-shorted Sedia somehow in the first phase. Maybe a Cuirass of the Falling Star ult? I know I could do that on the one at the Cabal Drill site, but I don’t remember if that was nightfall or normal.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Anyone got tips for getting Nightfall weapons to actually drop? I have been having Difficulties with my Lifestyle

Not that I particularly care about the Buzzard, but I definitely want a Loaded Question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Conqueror this season has both the corrupted and lightblade so it should be fun and spicy