Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

Tunicate posted:

the cost of labor has been going up dude

Inflation in Hyrule is a bitch after all that duping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I am rocking a fully upgraded champions tunic and diamond headband. Presuming I'm not looking for a set bonus is Soldiers greaves going to be my best option for pants? Or do you get a pants anywhere with as good a defense but a little bit something extra in it?

I was surprised the diamond headband had as good a defense as the soldier helm(while but looking stupid, too bad it doesn't show links cool new hair though)

How many stars are the pants?

e: Hylian Trousers 3 star is 32def same as Soldier's 2 star.

Barreft fucked around with this message at 03:23 on May 29, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'd wear fierce deity pants over soldiers bc the +1 attack buff better than a few more points of armor.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Thanks for the suggestions. Abilities to help with travel is definitely a priority for me so I'll go the rito route first.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Asterite34 posted:

I'm not sure how I feel about Great Fairy armor upgrades costing money now in addition to all the crafting mats. The economy is already stingy enough as it is without another huge money sink. What the gently caress do the Great Fairies need money for, anyway? What are they spending it on? :confused:

Since the Great Fairies only upgrade clothes and don’t create them, they must need to order the stuff they’re wearing from somewhere, and buying good outfits in their size is almost impossible in Hyrule. This also explains why none of them are wearing very much, even the one in the Hebra snowfield.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

I am rocking a fully upgraded champions tunic and diamond headband. Presuming I'm not looking for a set bonus is Soldiers greaves going to be my best option for pants? Or do you get a pants anywhere with as good a defense but a little bit something extra in it?

I was surprised the diamond headband had as good a defense as the soldier helm(while but looking stupid, too bad it doesn't show links cool new hair though)
zonaite set level 4 is 28 for each piece

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Zonaite set has the same armor as Soldier's for some reason so I have been aiming for those pants, but they're actually a pain to upgrade so don't be me.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Jingleheimer posted:

Thanks for the suggestions. Abilities to help with travel is definitely a priority for me so I'll go the rito route first.

Armor upgrades are way more important in the early game as well, so unlock the way to upgrade your armor asap.

And if you like travel abilities, follow Robbie and Josha's starting quests at Lookout

The Odd One
Dec 5, 2011

Stpuid

Khanstant posted:

Feel like lack of rupees is just another hoarder problem, even if you wanna keep every lovely peice of armor, ore is absolutely everywhere. Even flint you can trade 100 for 1,000 rupees

How the hell are you guys getting 100 flint like its nothing? Just combing every inch?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I like hitting rocks with other rocks

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

hatty posted:

I like hitting rocks with other rocks

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

The Odd One posted:

How the hell are you guys getting 100 flint like its nothing? Just combing every inch?

are you not smashing every single ore outcropping you see???

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I'm finding that using the eightfold blade for sneakstrike isn't as effective as using something with just 10 more power, using the full barbarian set both time.

Do all the damage multipliers stack, or is there a cut-off?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

are you not smashing every single ore outcropping you see???

my son has like half the fuckin depths mapped out and said ‘what’s that stuff?’ to a wall of zoanite earlier today. i’ve long stopped trying to understand how other people play this game.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Every resource you pick up brings you closer to God

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Khanstant posted:

Every resource you pick up brings you closer to God

It's pretty easy to get close to gods in these games. I've shot them in the face multiple times for their teeth, even.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I wonder what the others are crying about and where do I pick them up

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Augus posted:

i still don't know how to consistently dodge their belly-flops

Try hiding behind a tree. (This is my go to strategy for every miniboss).

Standing behind a tree negates the big suck and the belly flop, when the attack is done you can run out and pop it in the eye.

Tokelau All Star fucked around with this message at 04:59 on May 29, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Snake Maze posted:

Make sure you're following the questline in the village. It's possible to enter the dungeon early without actually being able to do anything there yet, frustratingly enough.

Yeah this happened to me. I spent like 2 hours in the temple wondering what the gently caress I had to do to turn the stupid gears. Finally resorted to google which pointed out I was a moron and had missed advancing the quest. That whole section is a lot easier when done as intended, lol. I was mad.

I know the conceit of the game is being able to do whatever you want but they really should have put something toward the start of the climb that’s impossible without having the companion. Instead of having the impossible gate come much much later.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I got super far behind on the thread due to life and other distractions but here's my contribution.

https://twitter.com/YoshiOfYellow/status/1663034728717643776

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I got super far behind on the thread due to life and other distractions but here's my contribution.

https://twitter.com/YoshiOfYellow/status/1663034728717643776

:unsmith:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I have unlocked homebuilding and I am torn because I really like the idea of being able to ultrahand together a house and I like all the various interior spaces you can have - very cozy - but I have yet to find any possible way to not make the exterior of the house look like absolute poo poo and I'm getting increasingly distressed I will never will.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
The sidequest on the Temple of Time where you have to light three fires across the Great Sky Island without touching any ground other than the roof of the Temple was a pretty fun challenge.

I did it with my basic three-fan flying machine and some careful flying, took a little while but it was a generous time limit? Interested to see people racing that quest though.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Near end-game spoilers:

Purah: How odd, an imposter Zelda appearing just before poo poo kicks off in every single instance of these regional disturbances

Me: Thank God, somebody has been able to put two and two together at long last

Purah, looking through telescope: Egads! Zelda is at the castle surrounded by malevolent energy with a blood moon right behind her! We need to go save her!

Me: :negative:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I'm missing one Ancient Hyrulean tablet and I just cannot find that fucker for love nor money. From looking at the space available in Wortsworth's lab, it looks like I'm missing the very last one, because there's room for two to the right of the door and there's only one there.

I know there's the island above Lookout Landing, but for obvious reasons I don't think I need to try and get there. I heard something in this thread about one being on top of the Temple of Time, but I've been all over that area and found nothing. I haven't yet hit the thunderstorm in Faron, which would make it the only place I haven't looked.

I do love that Ancient Hyrulean is basically Middle English, which you can just about understand on your own. I wonder what they used in other localizations?

Also on the topic of hard-to-reach islands, how do I get to the one above Eventide Island? It's too high for balloons from below, and seems too far for wings from a distance.

Mea Tulpa
Sep 4, 2006

I almost completely mapped the depths, honestly not sure what compelled me to do that because most of the treasures aren't that exciting. Flying around on a hoverbike underground feels like such a surreal experience for a Zelda game though, in a good way. I don't think it's a cheap strat because there are so many armories placed throughout the depths.

With all the equipment that references previous games, I wish LttP would have gotten some love. I get that there are a ton of variations on the classic tunic already, but the red/blue mail or a homage to the tempered or golden sword would have been cool. Even a bug catching net to pick up fairies and bugs with some range.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Dareon posted:

I'm missing one Ancient Hyrulean tablet and I just cannot find that fucker for love nor money. From looking at the space available in Wortsworth's lab, it looks like I'm missing the very last one, because there's room for two to the right of the door and there's only one there.

I know there's the island above Lookout Landing, but for obvious reasons I don't think I need to try and get there. I heard something in this thread about one being on top of the Temple of Time, but I've been all over that area and found nothing. I haven't yet hit the thunderstorm in Faron, which would make it the only place I haven't looked.

My bets would be the one in Sokkala Sky Archipelago or possibly North Gerudo Sky Archipelago, those are the ones that nearly managed to elude me.

Dareon posted:

Also on the topic of hard-to-reach islands, how do I get to the one above Eventide Island? It's too high for balloons from below, and seems too far for wings from a distance.

Got that one with the ol' lattice lift; four fans strapped to the bottom of a lattice, which has a significantly longer lifetime than wings or balloons. No idea if there's a simpler intended path.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Dareon posted:

I flew there from a nearby Flux Construct III arena using a two-fan air bike, although at that point, I had about 5 full batteries and still had to spend a large zonai charge to refill my battery. Given what's there, I think they intended to make it difficult to reach, though.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Man the sense of explorative wonder in this game is off the charts. Through running around I happened on three Yiga hideouts, which allowed me to pick up all their armor. Okay I figure, maybe this will let me get into the Yiga hideout which I'd scoped out earlier and couldn't get into. Sure enough yeah, I get in and get a sweet lightning-proof helmet out of the deal. Just keep playing the game until I launch off from one tower and see the storm cloud floating islands again, think "oh hey maybe that helmet will come in handy there", and yeah it lets me stave lightning off to fight to the center island. There's another heart-trial door like from the temple of time, get through and a mask shoots a beam down to follow. "Oh gently caress off, all that just for another shrine" I think. Jokes on me, it's an elaborate route back to the construction area in the depths I found earlier that I couldn't do anything with until now. Turns out there's a fifth sage, and I need to scour the depths in order to build them a Gundam.

I almost wish this game had no formal quests or quest markers: the organic exploration is weaved so loving flawlessly into the quests. 100% gonna be up there on the list of games you look back on and wish you could play again completely blind.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Sage spoilers
In which, I list the result of my experiments using every single zonai device with Mineru's construct.

Arms
Fan: Aimed weapon, points the active fan in front of you, doesn't appear to have enough force to bowl anyone over, so I don't know why you'd use this. I guess it probably blocks arrows?
Wing: Swung weapon, doesn't appear to have any special effect (confusingly, once you read cart)
Cart: Swung weapon, creates a small wave of wind that causes knock back
Balloon: Swung weapon
Rocket: Aimed weapon, charges up the rocket and then shoots it once resulting in the arm becoming unequipped
Time Bomb: Swung weapon, hitting something with this results in the bomb triggering, it's explosion will not damage you
Portable Pot: Swung weapon
Flame Emitter: Aimed weapon
Frost Emitter: Aimed weapon, probably your best choice for a short ranged aimed weapon
Shock Emitter: Aimed weapon, This is awkward since it has no range, but might be good if left to the AI.
Beam Emitter: Aimed weapon, pretty solid long range option, but it won't do critical stuns
Hydrant: Aimed weapon, I'm not sure why you'd use this except against the mucktorock
Steering Stick: Swung weapon
Big Wheel: Swung weapon, disappointingly, it does not spin, although since this is a fuse rather than an ultrahand you can't put anything on it anyway
Small Wheel: Swung weapon, doesn't spin
Sled: Swung weapon, creates a wave of wind
Battery: Swung weapon, no special effect
Big Battery: Swung weapon, no special effect
Spring: Sprung weapon, launches enemies on hit so this could be a fun one, although basically any hit with Mineru ragdolls most enemies
Cannon: Aimed weapon, long range explosion as expected, I had a bit of a problem aiming it
Stabilizer: Swung weapon
Hover Stone: Swung weapon
Light: Aimed Weapon, incredibly useless as Mineru's head has an automatic built in spotlight
Stake: Swung weapon, attaches sideways point in the direction of the swing, so it looks really cool at least
Mirror: Swung weapon, reflects light when swinging but it doesn't appear to be able to daze during this effect
Homing Cart: Swung weapon
Construct head: Swung weapon
Unfused weapons: Swung weapon
Unfused material: Swung weapon, this is probably the best melee damage you're going to get, triggers element effects on hit too so a shock-like stone is probably a better move than a shock emitter
Other physics objects, Swung weapons, 2x2 plank connects lengthwise resulting in a long hit box, boards create wind waves
Back
Oh god, why are these all so useless? I don't think Mineru ever activates these on her own.
Fan: Allows you to 'run' slower than Link can. The only viable option at all?
Wing: When falling, causes you to glide, actually works pretty well, but significantly worse than the glider
Cart: Does nothing
Balloon: When falling, slows your fall somewhat, you cannot move when using it making it utterly useless since being on the robot negates fall damage anyway
Rocket: Allow you to jump a small distance by expending the rocket, worse than a rocket shield, and Mineru can teleport to your location
Time Bomb: Does nothing, I assume you would be protected from the explosion if something set this off?
Flame Emitter: Shoots flame directly to the rear of you unaimable, height is such that it hits tall enemies like minibosses
Frost Emitter: Shoots, unaimable
Shock Emitter: Shoots, of course this has no range, so seems pretty useless
Beam Emitter: Shoots, unaimable, and you can't really see what you're shooting easily
Hydrant: Shoots, unaimable
Steering Stick: Does nothing
Big Wheel: Spins, I'm not sure what the use case for this is, but it does spin
Small Wheel: Spins
Sled: Does nothing
Battery: Does nothing, not any of the obvious battery recharging effects you're hoping it might do
Big Battery: Does nothing
Spring: Gets bigger when mounted and activates the spring, doesn't collide with physics objects though, it'll technically knock over taller creatures but it's extremely awkward to use
Cannon: Shoots, unaimable, could this be used for anything? I don't know
Stabilizer: Does nothing
Hover Stone: Works about as well as the balloon, which is not at all
Light: Shoots, you know a small light projection
Stake: Mounts vertically like some other physics objects, does nothing
Mirror: Makes the mirror light up under sunny conditions (while pressing the button), the large radius of this probably makes it the best 'shooting' option honestly
Homing Cart: It turns on, for some reason, doesn't do anything, but the tracks spin around
Construct Head: Does nothing
Unfused Weapons: No collision, does nothing
Unfused Materials: No collision, does nothing
Other Physics objects: If you were hoping to turn Mineru into a weapons platform you could ride while controlled by AI too bad, boards mount vertically

Please correct me if you have any more information to share about this subject.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Water Sage's power just clicked for me. I stuck a Silver Lynel Horn to a Zora Longsword, and found I was pushing 160 damage when wet. Since Sidon's power wets you, he's basically a free weapon buff.

I gotta farm more Zora poo poo.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
https://twitter.com/aquatic_ambi/status/1662879549808586758

"Hi I'm Link Hyrule and Welcome to Jackass"

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Mea Tulpa posted:

With all the equipment that references previous games, I wish LttP would have gotten some love. I get that there are a ton of variations on the classic tunic already, but the red/blue mail or a homage to the tempered or golden sword would have been cool. Even a bug catching net to pick up fairies and bugs with some range.

the hero of the wild tunic is the lttp tunic. dunno why that one was made the main one. it's also the adventures of link tunic and a lot of botw references adventures of link

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Dareon posted:

I do love that Ancient Hyrulean is basically Middle English, which you can just about understand on your own. I wonder what they used in other localizations?

Every Hyrulean tablet is on an identical-looking lotus-shaped island. Once you've activated all the skyview towers, they're all visible on the sky map, though a little small. Once you've turned one in, its island will be permanently marked with a little scroll, so you can easily identify the one you still need.

As for the island, I just tested it literally seconds before making this post, and it can be paraglode to from the very top level of the Zonaite Forge Island (Yansamin Shrine), which itself can be paraglode to from the top of the Room of Awakening. You'll need to have finished the Hebra portion of the main quest so you have Tulin to give you boosts and it takes about seven and a half wheels of stamina, so make sure you pack a lunch. Also make sure you come loaded for bear, because, as you may have guessed by the shape of the island, it's a boss arena.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Asterite34 posted:

I'm not sure how I feel about Great Fairy armor upgrades costing money now in addition to all the crafting mats. The economy is already stingy enough as it is without another huge money sink. What the gently caress do the Great Fairies need money for, anyway? What are they spending it on? :confused:

You used to have to pay to unlock them in BOTW, remember, so it's not that big a change.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7238012425402928391

You can do anything

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Are thunder enemies weak to anything? Or are fire and water the only ones you can totally cheese with each other?

I love hunting red and blue whizrobes for easy gems, but the thunder ones are a little annoying

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Just finished the game, credits rolling now. I'd seen a lot of people say the final boss was difficult so I think I went in overprepared on food gear and weapons. Not to throw shade, everyone has different skill levels, but it didn't seem that bad to me. Fun as heck, but not difficult. I wonder how many folks didn't know they could fuse stuff to the Master Sword. A silver lynel horn on there really blew through hp bars. In contrast I found Calamity Ganon in BotW very difficult to read and react to.

Spoilery thoughts from here on down. Summary, I loved it, even the quibbles.
--For all the story struggled with the kinda arbitrary way you could encounter it in gameplay, the payoff at the end was amazing. Ganondorf leveling up in the phases and then eating his magatama in a rage? Great culmination of everything the game had built into the story.
--I can't recall what prompted it, but when he started showing up in trailers we all thought "I can't wait to shove a sword in this one's face like in Wind Waker." I'll count it.
--I am a terrible person and checked, you can't splat with Zelda in the final free-fall. It stops actually descending after a while.
--The final cutscene up at the Temple of Time, when it zooms out there are Ultrahand bridges over the gaps they'd have had to cross. :3:
--The sages really needed flashbacks that didn't repeat. Progressing the main setpiece areas shouldn't be tedious and repetitive. The temples themselves were great, just that "reward" for finishing them.
--Silver enemies felt like a step too far. I think I felt the same in BotW. Even using their parts to boost weapons it became "1-shot everything else there, then chew on them for a while". First three tiers ramped fine.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Decided to check out a lone sky island with an obvious intact structure on it. First find: a Korok on the roof. Momentarily I was very annoyed that that was all there was on this island, before I remembered there was probably an inside to the building. Inside was a shrine crystal, and a hole in the floor in front of it that I promptly fell into as I went "Ooh, shrine crystal, I must touch i-"

Fortunately there was a ledge that I could Ascend from because apparently the devs realized some people might have the brainpower of a Cucco. The beam from the crystal pointed straight down, so I dropped the crystal down the hole and dived after it... into the whirlpool in Lake Hylia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7234683415415606570