Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Weren't they both? I forget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Peggy is almost always a huge rear end in a top hat

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

SilvergunSuperman posted:

If they were hank started it

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
"Strickland Propane, taste the meat not the heat

Uh, well most people put ketchup or mustard on it

N..noo I wouldn't recommend both"

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bill: How long have we been on this stakeout?
Hank: 3 minutes
Bill: I'm starving
Hank: We'll get a snack later
Bill: I'm horny

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

You will not "pop it." You will place it in your mouth.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

All the talk about Ms. Wakefield being the worst and nobody brings up the Harmonaholics episode (edit: It Ain't Over Till The Fat Neighbor Sings). It's just so uncomfortable; from the weird homophobic undertones, to the useless Pong subplot, to Bill being extra dumb (even for Bill), to how everyone is just kind of a dickhead, and cap it off with a really unsatisfying climax where nobody really learns anything.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

i like it when bill gets bullied

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
we learn that dale was right all along

To me, the Harmonaholics aren't gay, they're a smiley-faced cult. Bill is as stupid as Bill always is--they won't let him back on the army base in his Santa suit in February either and he just doesn't go to work. Is it cringe? Yes. But it's an episode about Bill, and he is cringe

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Hazo posted:

All the talk about Ms. Wakefield being the worst and nobody brings up the Harmonaholics episode (edit: It Ain't Over Till The Fat Neighbor Sings). It's just so uncomfortable; from the weird homophobic undertones, to the useless Pong subplot, to Bill being extra dumb (even for Bill), to how everyone is just kind of a dickhead, and cap it off with a really unsatisfying climax where nobody really learns anything.
Counterpoint:
"Bill! Bill, you have to be the stupidest man on the planet to think this is a good idea! Have you seen what you're wearing? That outfit makes you look like sequined train wreck! LOOK at you! You're part of a twelve-headed jack rear end! This chorus is the feces that is produced when shame eats too much stupidity! You people make me envy the deaf and the blind!"

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Dale's not homophobic, after all he's good friends with known gay man John Redcorn.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I'd always hoped we would die together....Peggy you go die over there.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Fur20 posted:

To me, the Harmonaholics aren't gay, they're a smiley-faced cult. Bill is as stupid as Bill always is--they won't let him back on the army base in his Santa suit in February either and he just doesn't go to work. Is it cringe? Yes. But it's an episode about Bill, and he is cringe

Yeah, the Harmonaholics aren't gay. They explicitly say in an alley scene that the Harmonaholics have wives, and they act surprised about it. The homophobia was there up to that point.

The whole episode is just cringey and weird and verges on Family Guy Meg territory.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
You wearin'?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hazo posted:

The whole episode is just cringey and weird and verges on Family Guy Meg territory.

:rolleyes:

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Hazo posted:

Nah, it's 100% in character for Bill.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Something weirdly uncomfortably familiar about Bill finding something that gets him positive attention for the first time he can remember and then doubling and tripling down on it trying to get that high again.

Wondering if Bill is based on someone in real life. Actual kinda vibes of someone with functional autism or other mental conditions who did well in environments where it was clear to them what they're supposed to do and get praised for, and then after peaking in high school and thrown out into the real world without constant guidance and structure they flounder more and more.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 07:38 on May 30, 2023

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Harmonaholics also has Hank being extremely charitable and supportive of Bills lifestyle choice to the point of corralling the other guys' comments till he lets Dale off his leash

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
He's in the military, that's about as structured as you're going to get in adult world

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Bill is an awful piece of poo poo who depends on others desperately, but the moment he gains the slightest power or authority, immediately uses it against those who have helped him the most.

See his volunteering for the Little League team, intentionally making it difficult for Hank to get involved, or when he was in charge of the storm shelter and locked Hank up.

Bill took great delight in hurting Hank in any way he possibly could.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Plus there was the time Bill took care of the Hill family when they were sick, and seriously considered poisoning them to keep them sick and dependent on him

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Propaniacs were way better than Harmonaholics

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
he also kept everyone in the gym for a day after the flood had ended. he's an incompetent leader too

The Bible
May 8, 2010

All solid examples.

Bill is going to end up in jail for kidnapping a kid from a McDonald's someday.

He won't do anything to hurt the kid, he'll just lock them in a bedroom where he tries to feed them crawfish etouffee and goes on sobbing, lonely rants about Lenore for hours.

Peggy will be aware of it but just assume he is babysitting and fail to do anything helpful, as usual.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 31, 2023

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Hank, Bill, and Boomhauer have all taught Bobby everything they know about women. When will Dale get his shot?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
There was that time Bill slept with Peggy

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

20 Blunts posted:

Propaniacs were way better than Harmonaholics

Propane Maniacs!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Nooner posted:

There was that time Bill slept with Peggy

There's only one letter separating Bill and bull.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The Moon Monster posted:

Hank, Bill, and Boomhauer have all taught Bobby everything they know about women. When will Dale get his shot?

Everything Joseph knows about women, he learned from Dale therefore by the transitive property, right here

https://youtu.be/ZkLosmUZGWo

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Ok, the guy at Home Depot said all we gotta do is strip, sand, varnish, buff, varnish, buff, varnish, wax, buff--

OH GOD your parents are going to be home in [checks watch] 47 hours! Hurry!

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Lol, one more against Bill: He held up Hank and Bobby in traffic during the twister until they respected his authority as a sgt in the army or whatever

Oh don’t mind me, I’ve seen a barrel of pickles in my day

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He's in the military, that's about as structured as you're going to get in adult world

Which is probably the only thing keeping him stable as it is.

shame on an IGA posted:

Everything Joseph knows about women, he learned from Dale therefore by the transitive property, right here

https://youtu.be/ZkLosmUZGWo

Honestly that feels like advice both Dale and John Redcorn would give.

Gotta love how Bobby's 'Okay.' can have so many tones and implications for a flat response.

Also wondering if Bobby gets from Peggy both his intelligence and tendency to get over-involved in bad ideas; he's just smart and passionate enough to do especially stupid things, though more out of naivete and the ignorance of youth than arrogance.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igmTMmypTkI

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Peggy is shocked to find out Bobby isn't the only bastard on Rainey Street.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Everyone who hates Peggy is wrong, exhibit 5,316

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I ducked out of work early and raced across town to see my daughter’s elementary school track and field day, and got there literally just in time to see her reenact the Fun Run from “Bobby On Track”.

:negative:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/Coelasquid/status/1664955338582368256?t=C2lJWZMwsRRIAzkcT-Rijg&s=19

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

(hank)
dear lord, we are grateful that cotton has forgotten our carefully worked-out holiday parent-rotation schedule, so that we may all be together on this day. Amen.

(all)
amen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I still can't fathom how Cotton Hill, a deranged foul-mouthed sourfaced shinless whoremonger, managed to seduce at least three women without money changing hands.