Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Hey hey, my my…

Ok, so I at least laughed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Ok, so I at least laughed

I knew there had to be at least one other Neil Young fan in here!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Gripweed posted:

No both of what you're thinking of is model kits. The Highend Master Model line is expensive, high quality, posable model kits for adult hobbyists that do not have the wind up features. That's the bulk of available Zoids model kits these days. For the most recent Zoids anime they did a line of cheap model kits for kids that all has some kind of mechanical feature like opening and closing claws or the like, but I don't think they walked. And that was a couple years back.

What I posted is a Soul of Chogokin figure, Bandai's line of super high quality robot action figures with metal parts.

Oh yeah sorry I should have clarified I was asking about the models, SoC figures are amazing things for looking at but that’s about it.

drat I wonder how much a 90s Iron Kong would cost- I remember they did an armor version that was strange and kind of blobby like it was designed by Möbius or Mokoto Kobayashi

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Ah ok the newest Iron Kong model release is coming late summer and under $200. I’m tempted

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Oh yeah sorry I should have clarified I was asking about the models, SoC figures are amazing things for looking at but that’s about it.

drat I wonder how much a 90s Iron Kong would cost- I remember they did an armor version that was strange and kind of blobby like it was designed by Möbius or Mokoto Kobayashi

There’s always Mandarake. I don’t know much about Zoids, I’m sure there’s someone in the Gunpla thread who could be more helpful.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Ah ok the newest Iron Kong model release is coming late summer and under $200. I’m tempted

The HMM kits are so cool.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Hell yeah they’re doing the whole band

https://twitter.com/gsc_kahotan/status/1662054769878499336?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BADF4or4cMs

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 00:31 on May 27, 2023

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I knew there had to be at least one other Neil Young fan in here!

It didn't rhyme!

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I got my Iconiq Bateman in and it’s lovely. Enough accessories to dress up the other I have… but more casual

I’ll post pics tomorrow when I sort out the other 🥰

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I'm not buying the Mondo X-Men, but I sure wish I was sometimes

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
It's hosed up we haven't got an updated Sabretooth like that in the Legends line. The one they made years ago is way too scrawny and short.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/gsc_kahotan/status/1662258087317893120?s=20

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Louisgod posted:

It's hosed up we haven't got an updated Sabretooth like that in the Legends line. The one they made years ago is way too scrawny and short.

I’m with you, Sabretooth is high on my wish list but they haven’t done his traditional costume in a really long time. I looked at some during my Legends buying spree but the only one that looks right is very dated. I considered the new AoA version but it’s just not the version I want. The last time they made his proper costume was the same wave with Psylocke, I think. Both are overdue for a remake, but she aged slightly better.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

IG-88 posted:

I got my Iconiq Bateman in and it’s lovely. Enough accessories to dress up the other I have… but more casual

I’ll post pics tomorrow when I sort out the other 🥰

Time to use your newly acquired painting skills to dirty up that raincoat.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Never been an Ultraman guy, but this looks great:

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1662280373575843840?s=20

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Louisgod posted:

They even made a version of Sabretooth that’s the right size and proportions, he just happens to be AoA. It shouldn’t take much to repurpose that into the flowing golden mane version.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Nanigans posted:

Time to use your newly acquired painting skills to dirty up that raincoat.

Anyone have a good reference on the best way to flick paint on the coat so the blood splash back looks accurate?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

IG-88 posted:

Anyone have a good reference on the best way to flick paint on the coat so the blood splash back looks accurate?

the Warhammer people make a paint called Blood For The Blood God specifically designed so when it dries it looks like fresh wet blood. I've used it before, it's really good. For splatter you can literally just flick your brush at it. Try flicking a few times on a piece of paper or something so you get a hang of how much stuff to use, the direction of your flick, etc. to get the result you want. You can also flick not the whole brush but just the bristles, and that'll give you a bunch of little flecks like there was a mist of blood.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

IG-88 posted:

The toothbrush method is good for splatters with the same advice as below re: testing on paper first

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gripweed posted:

the Warhammer people make a paint called Blood For The Blood God specifically designed so when it dries it looks like fresh wet blood. I've used it before, it's really good. For splatter you can literally just flick your brush at it. Try flicking a few times on a piece of paper or something so you get a hang of how much stuff to use, the direction of your flick, etc. to get the result you want. You can also flick not the whole brush but just the bristles, and that'll give you a bunch of little flecks like there was a mist of blood.

Seconding that that particular paint is fantastic for blood effects.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I don't understand why Figma hasn't made more figures of Zelda. They obviously know how to, but I don't think they ever did a Breath of the Wild Zelda. Now we need a Tears of the Kingdom Zelda with the cool robot arm.

Anyway, this little Zelda is cool.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I’ve never even played one and even I know that’s not Zelda, you oaf, you ignoramus, you bilious blue blistering barnacle!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

That's a good Zelda! I wish they made more Evil Zelda figures, I only know of the old OoT Evil Zelda and the newer World of Nintendo WW Evil Zelda figure.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Oh that would be nice. I would like a fancy Wind Waker Zelda too. They'd be making a lot of cash with a comprehensive Zelda line, there must be some Nintendo interference. Where's a nice Ganondorf at? Epona? (ooh I do have an epona and zelda nendoroid somewhere....)

Here's the only other nice one I have, I think this is from The Twilight Prince.

I have most of the Zelda amiibo figures, I just can'd find the drat things right now.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
It’s pretty egregious how we don’t have a good Ganondorf figure. Only ones we’ve had are the old ~1998 figure then the WoN Wind Waker version.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Louisgod posted:

It’s pretty egregious how we don’t have a good Ganondorf figure. Only ones we’ve had are the old ~1998 figure then the WoN Wind Waker version.

There's just so much cool poo poo in the franchise over the past 30 years, it seems like there's scarcely anything out there in comparison. Zelda and Mario are probably Nintendo's most popular (aside from those pocket monsters) franchises, so merch would sell. So where is it?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Super Nintendo World doesn’t even have any Zelda. Just Mario.

Nintendo is bad at merchandising.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Figma is also a terrible company to license to if you want any more than a couple figures from a property, they’ve got a bad habit of starting lines and never finishing them.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Sanschel posted:

Figma is also a terrible company to license to if you want any more than a couple figures from a property, they’ve got a bad habit of starting lines and never finishing them.

Hey, they finally got around to doing a Chris from Symphogear. Literally an entire decade after they released Hibiki.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Figma’s actually gone really deep on Demon Slayer.

Tanjirou
Nezuko
Inosuke
Zenitsu
Shinobu
Rengoku
Akaza
Giyu

BUZZMod also has most of these and a couple more, but it’s still pretty impressive for Figma.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sanschel posted:

They finished the playable Persona 5 characters luckily, but then waited like a year and a half to announce Sumire officially.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Nanigans posted:

BUZZMod also has most of these and a couple more, but it’s still pretty impressive for Figma.

I stopped after the main gang was released and regret it. The figures are so good!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I stopped after the main gang was released and regret it. The figures are so good!

I got both the BUZZMod and Figma Tanjiro and yeah, the BUZZMod is awesome, but it’s nowhere near 1:12 scale (way too big) and I wasn’t a fan of his happier face especially compared to Figma’s.

The other faces were great though, and I love the articulation and the soft goods were surprisingly excellent.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Aphrodite posted:

Super Nintendo World doesn’t even have any Zelda. Just Mario.

Nintendo is bad at merchandising.

Yeah I’m not sure, I get the impression they tend to be very conservative with licensing their properties. No clue why Nintendo doesn’t get Jakks to do a Smash Bros line or whatever, it would sell absolute gangbusters.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Smash Bros. specifically would be a licensing nightmare. You have a ton of smaller companies within Nintendo that each would have their own licensing agreements and such.

IPs like Mario, Yoshi, Zelda, DK, Metroid, Star Fox, Pikmin and Splatoon are 100% Nintendo owned.

But then you have things like Pokémon being co-owned with GameFreak/Creatures Inc./The Pokémon Company, Earthbound with Ape Inc., Kirby with HAL, Fire Emblem with Intelligent Systems, etc. etc.

Basically, if it already has a World of Nintendo figure, it’s because it’s 100% Nintendo owned. If it doesn’t, they probably don’t.

Poor Captain Falcon…

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Yeah Jakks has said which licenses they have access to and why they can’t do certain lines but if there’s something Nintendo loves, it’s money. It’s odd they and the other companies haven’t been able to work something out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Amiibo are made by Nintendo themselves, I assume? Since those even have characters Nintendo doesn’t own at all.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
If anyone finds a vampire superman out in the wild or can preorder one from Amazon.ca please let me know. I didn't know it already went up and he and vampire batman are nowhere to be found anywhere near retail.

Only good news I got was neca emailing me to tell me my batman 89 belt is gonna ship soon.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4033015&perpage=40&noseen=1&userid=26439#post532161583

I bought a house and I’m starting to list some of my figures for sale. This is like…2% of them. Take a look guys. Thanks.

And yes I hosed up the title, of course.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/hobby_magazine/status/1663185927928160258?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

God damnit I love gachapon stuff so much