Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
NP is still Furion and no one can tell me otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
The only map change I don't like is rosh being so far away. In the river it felt easier to contest if you didn't smoke in or push lanes to cause a distraction, but now the map is so huge that it seems easier to sneak into rosh and harder to get there to do anything about it even if you know they're there

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Can Techies still instantly kill the Tormentor with a bunch of mines ahead of time and just have like, OD or SD banish him a second before it spawns in to dodge the damage reflect?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Maybe I'm using it wrong or something but it feels like Techies aghs hardly does anything. It just seems to have a bunch of caveats that make it easy to play around.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

It is usually bad I think. It's really good for one situation and that's defending high ground where the enemy team gets funneled into ramps makes it far likelier to trigger. Plus protecting your mines is actually nice for hg defense.

Out in the wider map the long cast time, and tiny cast & activation range make it extremely difficult to use in any impactful way. If it does trigger it can be pretty powerful, though.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
I single handedly won a team fight around that jungle camp on the water at the bottom of the map. Popped my minefield sign down mid fight, and because of the weird pathing the enemies had to take they all blew themselves up real quick.

It's pretty much compeletely unreliable as a source of damage, but it has a tonne of potential. It's a good 4th/5th item on techies imo. He's universal so the stats are nice too. I start 6 tangoes and 4 branches, and just bully the enemies in lane.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

You can reliably ban Lich every game by picking him in the first phase currently, it's kinda funny

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Glicko dropped me a thousand mmr feels bad man.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Warlock seems pretty good this patch. New upheaval makes you way less ultimate reliant and the shard makes it do quite a bit of extra damage. Ive just been going arcanes > midas > greaves > locket my last 15 games and won 13 of them. If you get the midas it helps you get to the broken aoe talent a lot faster and by then you just have 1200ish group healing every minute with amped greaves. Its a pretty chill build.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Pureauthor posted:

NP is still Furion and no one can tell me otherwise.

its actually Tequoia

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I’m really enjoying AA this patch. Think I’ve got about 75% wr with him. Just such an arsehole to lane against.

Managed to snipe two cores who went Armlet against me with my ult. We had a bloodseeker who could give me vision.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Feels like I'm buying Pavise like every support game just because the mana regen is so good for the cost, this is gonna become a bad habit after they adjust it

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

lol Aui "noone beats us 8 times in a row so.."

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Last night, I last picked mid Anti Mage to counter an enemy pos 1 Medusa. I suck at AM, especially mid against Shadow Fiend, but that doesn't matter. I picked up Aghs Scepter along with Octarine Core, and spammed illusions on Medusa. It's so satisfying to pop a farmed carry so easily, bonus points when her allies are nearby.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
ironically, pos1 AM is pretty bad against medusa because of the dusa butterfly/daedalus timing, but AM pos3 (and pos2 if the lane is playable) both gently caress her up because AM can ignore bfury and get vanguard/diffu/manta

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Another good counter to Medusa is Elder Titan. Burning through her mana won't wake her up while she's under ET's stomp.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Another good counter to Medusa is Elder Titan. Burning through her mana won't wake her up while she's under ET's stomp.

Oh drat, did not know this. That’s actually crazy powerful.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
small patch, mostly bug fixes, but

quote:

Watchers are now colored based on whether they are controlled by your team (matching minimap coloration), rather than whether they are controlled by Radiant and Dire.
thank Gaben

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

They need to put a bigass popup that you have to acknowledge on the splash screen for that though because now Dire players are just walking past enemy watchers left and right

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Last night, I had to build some role queue tokens, and got pos 4. So I decided to pick Medusa support as it's better to be the problem rather than to deal with the problem. It's pretty funny to top my team's damage as a support with aghs and phylactery.

I quickly learned that I don't need tangos so I handed them off to my offlane. I kind of felt like I was the offlane hero as I was tanking towers during pushes.

A+ would farm role queue tokens with Medusa again. Tip to any carry laning against a support Mesua: don't stand next to your ranged creep, you're giving free mana away.

Nfcknblvbl fucked around with this message at 14:27 on May 31, 2023

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I assume you just prioritize Mystic Snake then Mana Shield? I've never played it, and don't think I saw it in whatever the most recent Major was that just recently wrapped up. I was really getting into playing Medusa just before the last letter patch of 7.32 and then she got nerfed and I haven't played her since.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Sab669 posted:

I assume you just prioritize Mystic Snake then Mana Shield? I've never played it, and don't think I saw it in whatever the most recent Major was that just recently wrapped up. I was really getting into playing Medusa just before the last letter patch of 7.32 and then she got nerfed and I haven't played her since.

Yeah, Mystic Snake owns, and don't even skill split shot.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Now that Aether Lens doesn't upgrade into Octarine any more, I think it should be able to combine into Force Staff: A caster's Hurricane Pike.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

yes please I build those two in probably 80% of my support games

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Like it shoves them away and increases your Cast Range?

... Next Targeted Spell within X seconds automatically targets them? :v:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I'd just be happy if it just has the push part of Pike. Supports need slots for dust, man.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

An Aether Lens active that’s a ground-targeted allied-visible ~300radius scan effect with like 1000 range would loving own. Persistent for ~3seconds, doesn’t give vision, cooldown something like 60s.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Dust wasn't correctly dealing damage or slowing unless you had another dust still in your inventory (i.e. you had two or more charges of dust) until this patch, so hopefully that will make playing against either Riki/BH/Clinkz feel a little less oppressive. It's been awhile since all three of them felt like viable heroes at once.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Last night, I had to build some role queue tokens, and got pos 4. So I decided to pick Medusa support as it's better to be the problem rather than to deal with the problem. It's pretty funny to top my team's damage as a support with aghs and phylactery.

I quickly learned that I don't need tangos so I handed them off to my offlane. I kind of felt like I was the offlane hero as I was tanking towers during pushes.

A+ would farm role queue tokens with Medusa again. Tip to any carry laning against a support Mesua: don't stand next to your ranged creep, you're giving free mana away.

Yesterday I played pos 4 techies, against a pos 1 slark, pos 5 Medusa lane. I can't remember what hero my offlaner was though.

I proceeded to kill slark over and over once i hit level 2, and the medusa couldn't do anything about it.

The Medusa also kept leaving lane to make stacks for herself, which I farmed with mines then blocked.

I finished the game with the highest net worth and 2nd highest hero damage. Medusa support owns.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Yea it's my favorite right now, if am is banned it's an auto-pick. Pos 4 I go for more dmg w/ phylactory and scepter + shard, and skill stats instead of split shot. You can bully a lot of melee champs out of the lane w/ snake. If I'm pos 5 I'll go full support and rush mana boots into pavise, force staff, greaves, pipe, etc. Though I tend to mix and match these starts depending on matchups, sometimes I get greaves and force staff every game.

Also every now and then your off lane mate gets dumpstered while you dominate, in these cases I DO get split shot and go for more teamfight dmg like gleipnir.

It's fun for myriad reasons - often the other support will subconsciously give you farm priority b/c dusa has been a carry since forever; you get to level stats instead of a skill like it's Dota 1, lots of fun early game mana items to use like falcon blade, urn, euls; the enemy team often over-estimates your role and tries to counter you to their detriment like a sven buying diffusal; sometimes it triggers your teammates and they get to feel bad when you play well. Dusa support is subversive and good.

Just looked it up and I'm 17-10 since the patch.

Miss Lonelyhearts fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jun 1, 2023

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Didn't realize that CM shard also means that Axe call can't stop her ult anymore. Poor Axe.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Spicy icy boi

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I installed SMITE because a friend plays and I remembered having a decent enough time with it a decade ago.

I've often wished you could surrender in DOTA but after 2 days in Smite I've changed my mind. People are so eager to give up the second something goes wrong, and as a new player it feels so much harder to learn the game when everyone wants to give up after 10 minutes.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Sab669 posted:

I installed SMITE because a friend plays and I remembered having a decent enough time with it a decade ago.

I've often wished you could surrender in DOTA but after 2 days in Smite I've changed my mind. People are so eager to give up the second something goes wrong, and as a new player it feels so much harder to learn the game when everyone wants to give up after 10 minutes.

yeah HON had a surrender, and then people started unironically pressing it if they got firstblooded, so they moved it so you could only surrender after 15 minutes, so from then on at 15 minutes exactly whichever team was losing would instantly cast a vote to surrender.

it's a terrible idea- as frustrating as it is playing to the whistle is when youre a long way behind its better than people vote kicking people who won't surrender then surrendering if it looks like a hard game

e; i literally just finished a dota game where we had a loving disasterous laning phase and I just had to keep going "it's fine, we've got late" every time someone died because people were losing their poo poo. then i hit that magical 20 timing on meurta and we smash the next teamfight and boom- everyones happy again

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jun 2, 2023

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
When I flirted briefly with league last year the most frustrating thing was going like 15-0-20 on the adc caitlyn and having the game end early before I could really enjoy it. You almost felt punished for owning

By contrast the 30 minute gg in dotes is super rare

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Mostly these just bum me out because it highlights how little I play these days but at least they're positive numbers this time :unsmith:

e: oh god I couldn't even screencap it right and you can't remove a picture you've uploaded direct to the board through editing

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I'm not a tinker player but i sort of want to try out the laser phylactery build

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Not screen capping my report, but my win rate was pretty awful this season. Low 40s.

I blame all the riki supports.

Playing pos 4 was my only winrate over 50% (60~%)

I have 60 role queue tokens, gonna spam pos4 for a bit.