Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

MassRafTer posted:

Here is what ringside ticket sales look like for Day 1 of the Crockett Cup this weekend.

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Jesus, that's about how many seats the Chikara Wrestle Factory had set up and they were a garage in Northwest Philly.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

A Real Horse posted:

-TNT champion FTR Hair

Okay but this would probably be pretty good

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

A Real Horse posted:

-A 60 minute Iron Man match between Luther and Mark Henry
would rather have had this than a majority of the ppv from last night tbh

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Has Tyrus managed to get his cardio into any shape where he can say, run the ropes without appearing to die, or is he in “mabel 1995” ring shape still

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Here is what ringside ticket sales look like for Day 1 of the Crockett Cup this weekend.

Sad day for wrestling that there's only 46 real wrestling fans left

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
if NWA only has 46 fans, i'm not one of them

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

rotinaj posted:

Has Tyrus managed to get his cardio into any shape where he can say, run the ropes without appearing to die, or is he in “mabel 1995” ring shape still

no

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Okay but this would probably be pretty good

Yes and I would rather see it than a Tyrus match, I just am not a huge fan of “one member of a tag team gets individual gold” when it’s a long time team that still wrestles as a team.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Do you think Billy Corgan is huffing copium, trying to do an insincere shill, or does he honestly think Tyrus is a good champion of a successful promotion?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

ChrisBTY posted:

Do you think Billy Corgan is huffing copium, trying to do an insincere shill, or does he honestly think Tyrus is a good champion of a successful promotion?

Controver$y create$ ca$h

If it were still the 90s, this might not be the worst decision possible, but for some reason, the musician who hasn’t done anything of note in 25 years still behaves as if it is 1996

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

rotinaj posted:

I would unironically rather watch King Mabel than any Tyrus match ever

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mabel could throw wheel kicks

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I bet Tyrus could throw one

Just the one

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rotinaj posted:

The finish of the NWA 312 PPV main event was Chris Masters putting the Masterlock on Tyrus and then having to get it with a bodyscissors so he was laying on his back and Tyrus could kind of lay on him for the pin because Tyrus was too fat and tired to even kind of bridge into it with his legs.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

It'd be hypocritical of me to not watch Tyrus because of his politics when I'm probably watching several wrestlers on a weekly basis who believe the same things he does. Thankfully I don't have to worry about being a hypocrite because Tyrus is an absolutely dogshit wrestler and that's more than enough reason to not watch either him or any shows he is on

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Drakkel posted:

I would unironically rather watch King Mabel than any Tyrus match ever

Heck, even when he was doing his "Viscera, the Loverman" bit for a while there, he was pretty funny and entertaining. Like when he told that one lady "Gimme some of those nachos. Now gimme some of those lips." :heysexy:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

oh cool, a thing that's definitely going to happen https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/status/1663295927678046208

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Collision looking better and better

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Something Awful forum Poster Gonzo McFee teases signing with AEW.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Crapple! posted:

It'd be hypocritical of me to not watch Tyrus because of his politics when I'm probably watching several wrestlers on a weekly basis who believe the same things he does. Thankfully I don't have to worry about being a hypocrite because Tyrus is an absolutely dogshit wrestler and that's more than enough reason to not watch either him or any shows he is on

Even if Tyrus or NWA was worth watching it'd be different imo because Tyrus is paid to promote those ideas and represents his brand while doing so, inextricably linking them.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

oh well it was a good forty year run of being a fan but i guess it's better to learn late than never

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I’m just glad that Corgan has a bigger blunder than Zwan.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Open Marriage Night posted:

I’m just glad that Corgan has a bigger blunder than Zwan.

you take that back right now :colbert:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Didn't Tyrus get temporarily fired from Fox News for going over their allotted amount of sexual harassment?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Didn't Tyrus get temporarily fired from Fox News for going over their allotted amount of sexual harassment?

I think they completely ignored it. If he did get a slap on the wrist it was a very short suspension.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Lamuella posted:

oh cool, a thing that's definitely going to happen https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/status/1663295927678046208

Defined succintly as "We have Brian Cage at home"

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

sleepwalkers posted:

you take that back right now :colbert:

Zwan likers rise up!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Or is that why they buried him on their streaming service or something. I try not to keep up with the Fox News Extended Universe more than I have to, but thought Tyrus wasn’t exactly a headliner.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

harperdc posted:

Or is that why they buried him on their streaming service or something. I try not to keep up with the Fox News Extended Universe more than I have to, but thought Tyrus wasn’t exactly a headliner.

he's the Ed McMahon of Gutfeld!

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

If I recall correctly he was taken off TV and buried on their streaming stuff for a bit but it obviously didn't stick for long.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Yeah, he sexually harassed his co-host, Fox News suspended him while they investigated. Fox News came back and said, it is all cool and he was reinstated. His co-host sued but “lost the phone with all the info on it” so she dropped her own case.

Fox News then kept him randomly showing up for different shows and gave him a show on their streaming service.

Also, he goes on a “comedy tour” where ever the NWA goes and I have heard that the entire crowd is nothing but old and middle age white people (not many wrestling fans at all) with a few of the wrestlers coming too. He probably treats the crowd like wrestling groupies.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Fox is in the mud right now. I see clips of it and it looks like a youtube news channel now. They really did cut a promo on xbox changing default powersettings. They got themselves worked into shoot and no one's buying.

Tyrus looks like he had to ride a bike to the arena. Blown up at the curtain. There's Nascar enthusiasts with better stamina.

But he's the best that Billy's got and that's the punchline of it all.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

https://twitter.com/yourguyspal/status/1663372980779376640?t=k3KZXU2VH6QXq4AivMKG7w&s=19

Oh no

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

How many flash drives did Billy Corgan get?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

rotinaj posted:

"Egg" is a shape!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

https://twitter.com/takam777/status/1663498757298847744

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Just to clarify the Tyrus, Fox News Personality timeline:

June 12, 2014: Tyrus is released from WWE
September 16, 2014: Tyrus debuts in TNA as EC3's bodyguard
November 2016: Tyrus makes his first appearance as a guest on Gutfeld! and becomes a regular panelist shortly after
2017-2018: Tyrus makes the rounds also appearing on The Five, Outnumbered, etc. usually talking about some sort of pop culture outrage
October 2018: As part of the launch of the Fox Nation streaming service, Tyrus and Britt McHenry (who had previously worked for ESPN and got laid off, which she claimed was reverse-racism because she was white and that ESPN is too 'woke') are given their own streaming show, "Un-PC" "a show where no topic is off-limits" but focused on sports/pop culture wars. Tyrus continues to appear on Gutfeld! and other Fox News shows.
April 2019: Tyrus disappears from Un-PC, apparently because McHenry reported that he was sexually harassing her. Tyrus still appears on Gutfeld! etc.
June 2019: Fox News concludes their investigation and determines that Tyrus is cool, he's given his own streaming show NUFF SAID. Un-PC ends shortly after but they've taken all of the episodes down so it's hard to tell when exactly!
July 2019: Britt McHenry sues Fox News, revealing amongst other things that Tyrus thinks it's spelled "orgazzum". The suit also alleges that she was blackballed and that is why she doesn't get to appear on televised panels like Tyrus still does.
May 2020: The last episode of NUFF SAID is released, featuring Tyrus's sit-down interview with The Ryback. Tyrus still appears on Gutfeld!, etc.
July 2021: Britt McHenry settles out of court with Fox and her contract is voided.
June 2022: The Tyrus and Timpf podcast debuts on Fox Nation, co-hosting with Kat Timpf, another Gutfeld! regular. Frequent guests on the podcast include EC3, Kevin Kiley, Aron Stevens, Trevor Murdoch, and other NWA luminaries.

Saying Tyrus got exiled to streaming for his sexual harassment isn't really true, he was given a prominent launch show on the streaming service. This was presumably officially as "developmental" for people who they eventually wanted on the proper TV channel (I think Jesse Watters got his own streaming show before getting a 'real' show, they put Diamond and Silk there until they flew too close to the Covid Truther sun). Tyrus's sexual harassment accusations came from his streaming show, and all they did in response was to give him a different streaming show he didn't co-host with his victim and pulled her show.

His trajectory is eternal C-lister for Fox News, but it's hard to tell if this is somehow residual effects of the sexual harassment lawsuit, or just because his in-ring charisma largely carries over to his talk show skills.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Fox News’ developmental sounds about as successful as WWE’s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Edge & Christian posted:

Just to clarify the Tyrus, Fox News Personality timeline:

June 12, 2014: Tyrus is released from WWE
September 16, 2014: Tyrus debuts in TNA as EC3's bodyguard
November 2016: Tyrus makes his first appearance as a guest on Gutfeld! and becomes a regular panelist shortly after
2017-2018: Tyrus makes the rounds also appearing on The Five, Outnumbered, etc. usually talking about some sort of pop culture outrage
October 2018: As part of the launch of the Fox Nation streaming service, Tyrus and Britt McHenry (who had previously worked for ESPN and got laid off, which she claimed was reverse-racism because she was white and that ESPN is too 'woke') are given their own streaming show, "Un-PC" "a show where no topic is off-limits" but focused on sports/pop culture wars. Tyrus continues to appear on Gutfeld! and other Fox News shows.
April 2019: Tyrus disappears from Un-PC, apparently because McHenry reported that he was sexually harassing her. Tyrus still appears on Gutfeld! etc.
June 2019: Fox News concludes their investigation and determines that Tyrus is cool, he's given his own streaming show NUFF SAID. Un-PC ends shortly after but they've taken all of the episodes down so it's hard to tell when exactly!
July 2019: Britt McHenry sues Fox News, revealing amongst other things that Tyrus thinks it's spelled "orgazzum". The suit also alleges that she was blackballed and that is why she doesn't get to appear on televised panels like Tyrus still does.
May 2020: The last episode of NUFF SAID is released, featuring Tyrus's sit-down interview with The Ryback. Tyrus still appears on Gutfeld!, etc.
July 2021: Britt McHenry settles out of court with Fox and her contract is voided.
June 2022: The Tyrus and Timpf podcast debuts on Fox Nation, co-hosting with Kat Timpf, another Gutfeld! regular. Frequent guests on the podcast include EC3, Kevin Kiley, Aron Stevens, Trevor Murdoch, and other NWA luminaries.

Saying Tyrus got exiled to streaming for his sexual harassment isn't really true, he was given a prominent launch show on the streaming service. This was presumably officially as "developmental" for people who they eventually wanted on the proper TV channel (I think Jesse Watters got his own streaming show before getting a 'real' show, they put Diamond and Silk there until they flew too close to the Covid Truther sun). Tyrus's sexual harassment accusations came from his streaming show, and all they did in response was to give him a different streaming show he didn't co-host with his victim and pulled her show.

His trajectory is eternal C-lister for Fox News, but it's hard to tell if this is somehow residual effects of the sexual harassment lawsuit, or just because his in-ring charisma largely carries over to his talk show skills.

He's actually one of their biggest rising stars. He sometimes guest hosts Gutfeld! so it's not unlikely he ends up hosting his own show in the near future, especially with the vacancy created by Tucker's removal. On any given day Gutfeld! is the #2 or #3 show on the network so right now he's really high visibility.