Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
The seventh king will of course be Zenohger, the king from a far off distant land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Zombie Gira into Cyborg Gira into Angel Gira was this episode's comedic highlight, though Jeramie is very intriguing I'll admit.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Ohger's vs Jerma.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And now we have a look at Jeremy’s zord:

https://twitter.com/TokuRed/status/1659230056374321152

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upQYSSXHv7s

THIS IS HOW WE GET SHIN SUPER SENTAI

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Shin Sentai Annoranger on track to being the coolest Sentai with the most incomprehensible finishing move.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
This was Anno's ultimate plan from the beginning.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Fivemarks posted:

Wait a second- is King Ohger just Kamen Rider Ryuki again, with extra steps? Is the main conflict of the show actually going to be King Ohgers vs Racles vs Jeremie

i don't think so. the way jerry's been talking the bugarok are more of a symptom than an actual cause i'm guessing there's a bigger badguy faction coming

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
King-Ohger 11 was the funniest episode so far.
The team dynamic right now is so silly. Love Hime's new wig color. Didn't expect a kids show to go on for so long talking about poop.

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 04:44 on May 21, 2023

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
https://twitter.com/trademark_bot/status/1660663668101754880/photo/1

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

That's a really interesting name for a new Rider series. I'm looking forward to learning more about what that show is actually about.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, do we know how long Geats is going to be yet? The current arc seems pretty endgame esque to me at least but we’re still only in the late 30s

Going by the name I assume the next series has something to do with cards and/or luck/gambling

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:43 on May 22, 2023

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

First ep of Ultraman Regulos is up and huh, I didn't know youtube supported multi-audio. Guess that will be the standard going forward for series without a gap like Z's dub.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So, they gave Jeramie's mom a suit. That would be a bit high-effort for a character who only appears in one flashback, so at minimum I think we'll be getting more flashbacks to her, and possibly even her still being alive in the present-day.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Not gonna lie, I love the fact that its not that everyone is too stupid to get Jeremy, its that Jeremy is too obsessed with seeming smart and cool that no-one understands what the gently caress he's talking about until he explains it

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Larryb posted:

Speaking of, do we know how long Geats is going to be yet? The current arc seems pretty endgame esque to me at least but we’re still only in the late 30s

Going by the name I assume the next series has something to do with cards and/or luck/gambling

Presumably 45-50 like every Rider show

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/DeltyThe73rd/status/1660591586009403393?s=20

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Incredibly Ace behavior

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So is Ace kind of like Decade then where the actor isn’t much different in real life than he is on screen?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I've started to frantically catch up on Geats and oh man the show's good, and also I'm ready for all the future events where everything is definitely fine and absolutely nothing bad happens. I feel like everyone's problems would be solved if they just did teams of 3 like Apex Legends though.

Also I love the gardener guy, he's just a hosed up weirdo.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Wait, I'm a hair confused: are you reading Jeremy's "There was a sixth member who committed a crime" bit as the ancient sixth being his father (who's crime was falling in love with a Bugnarok) or Jeremy himself (his crime being unrevealed/unknown)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's the former.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Fathom Events has added an additional date and theaters for Shin Kamen Rider

https://bigrednerd.com/2023/05/24/fathom-events-announces-new-viewing-date-addition-for-shin-kamen-rider/

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Not much of a news item, but Shout Factory TV has acquired and is now showing:

Ultraman Dyna: Return Of Hanejiro

Ultraman Gaia: Gaia Once Again

Ultraman Tiga Side Story: Revival Of The Ancient Giant

Ultraman Tiga & Dyna: Warriors Of The Star Of Light

Ultraman Tiga, Ultraman Dyna & Ultraman Gaia: The Battle In Hyper Space

These seem to be the DVD versions rather than the Blu-Rays that have slightly longer recuts, but it's nice to see them available for streaming.

The first three are direct-to-DVD 'further adventures' with UD:ROH taking place during the TV series, UG:GOA after the TV series, and UTSS:ROTAG taking place wayyy after the TV series (it stars Daigo's son!)

UD:ROH stars a new villain/kaiju (to Dyna anyway) and the return of the Japanese Three Stooges Meiji-seijin

UG:GOA shows what Gaia and Fujimiya are doing after defeating Zogu

UTSS is kind of a wild ride and begins by launching Daigo's son into the past to a time where mankind still fought kaiju but with magic and some Davinci style technology

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 28, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

DonBrothers Vs Zenkaiger is out and subbed now (also if anyone was expecting a clear answer on the whole Kaito thing remember that this is an Inoue joint)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:24 on May 29, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I genuinely felt bad for the shy illusion Bugnarok. I hope he gets promoted to the supporting cast like that one gator-phone monster from Abaranger.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Junpei posted:

I genuinely felt bad for the shy illusion Bugnarok. I hope he gets promoted to the supporting cast like that one gator-phone monster from Abaranger.

Jeremy also implied said Bugnarok was like him so I assume it isn’t just your run of the mill MOTW

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..

sucks, i don't have any Fathom Event theatres near me. They seem to have fun stuff. Like I would love to go see re-watch Princess Mononoke on the big screen even though I rewatched it many times by myself already.

AMC doesn't do anything

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

.....AMC runs Fathom stuff all the time?

I'm literally seeing my showing at an AMC?

D-Do you think Fathom is a theater chain?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah check the AMC theaters around you for showings

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Got my Japanese poster frames from Spotlight Displays dot com and they are great! Japanese poster sizes cut to order and SUPER easy to swap them out!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
some really great replies in this one;

https://twitter.com/Random_Faux/status/1662719356999028736

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

some really great replies in this one;

@GalvanicPanic posted:

"You've yeed your last haw pardner"
*Rider kicks you*
:clint:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Movie was good movie was good I need the friggin sequel

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
how were the audience reactions?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Movie was good movie was good I need the friggin sequel

So would you say it’s a better take on the OG than The First was? Also, does Rider #2 show up at all or is it mostly just Hongo?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

My audience was pretty quiet, it's not a rowdy time kind of movie.

And Ichimonji is present for about half the movie

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Hayato was great and I would say not having more of him was one of the movies flaws.

Honestly while I enjoyed it it’s definitely one of Anno’s weaker works, I think? While I love a lot of the referential aspects I think that as a movie trying at least somewhat to stand on its own, Anno absolutely needed to kill some of his darlings for the sake of the film as a whole. I feel like the first half of the movie being First Rider Greatest Hits was ultimately to its detriment, from an objective position I feel like you could have cut Bat and Scorpion pretty much entirely and freed up some runtime to let the characters breathe and smooth out the pacing. You could tell that Anno was cutting every spare moment possible to include all his blorbos and the movie feels like you’re getting blasted in the face with the Exposition Hose a lot early on because of it. i still really enjoyed it overall but it doesn’t feel like a movie I can recommend sight unseen like Shin Godzilla, this one is first and foremost for the toku gang.

One other fun thing I will note though is that the final antagonist being more or less Anno’s kamen rider Sonic OC was very fun and I wish we got a little more of little touches like that than what we got.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I thought it was kinda a mid movie, but A: I never watched '71 or any of the Shin movies and B: My standards might've been too high for this type of movie.

My major complaint was that it was too packed with things and not enough time to breathe. My major accolade for it is the faithfulness in recreating/updating certain scenes and outfits and just general prop and costume design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I was pretty happy with the movie overall and definitely need a sequel, but I will say this much: as much as Anno took liberties like the Butterfly Aug, it was almost too faithful to the original series. For good or ill - and I think this was largely to the movie's detriment - the movie felt like watching a bunch of episodes of MotW, and then the finale, just like Kamen Rider '71 itself.