Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Sounds like great fun; can’t wait to stick it in my control priest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I have the Watch A Friend Win a game daily so add me if you'd let me watch you!

CMBrick #1242

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Julio Cruz posted:

people seem to be getting hyped over Grimtotem Buzzkill and for the life of me I can’t see why

Both Tempo and Control warrior decks are heavily encouraged to run a bunch of weapons for early game board control, often like 4-5+ so they are more likely to have one on hand. But this also creates situations where you have a weapon equipped and 2 more in hand and no good way to keep up tempo. Discarding one and drawing 3 new cards is really strong, and it's bundled with an aggressive statline. Enrage/tempo warrior will probably play this, and other decks like aggro/midrange hunter will consider this too imo

Firebert fucked around with this message at 19:21 on May 26, 2023

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
They’ve also added Magatha, a five-mana 5/5 that draws five and gives any spells drawn to your opponent. I have to figure that goes straight into decks like Unholy DK and Totem Shaman, not to mention things like Menagerie and Mech decks — basically, any deck that was previously using a Gorloc Ravager or Famished Fool draw engine wants her instead of/in addition to it.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Can anyone smarter than me share how to properly play with, and against, Pozzik? I've been just playing him on curve and hoping for the best. Sometimes even coining him out, but idk if that's smart. Then when people play it against me idk if i should be playing the bots or not.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Strawberry Panda posted:

I have the Watch A Friend Win a game daily so add me if you'd let me watch you!

CMBrick #1242

lemme know if you still need this friend, was on a bit earlier but didn't see you.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Last King posted:

lemme know if you still need this friend, was on a bit earlier but didn't see you.

I'll message you when I see you back online. Thanks!

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.

Pardot posted:

Can anyone smarter than me share how to properly play with, and against, Pozzik? I've been just playing him on curve and hoping for the best. Sometimes even coining him out, but idk if that's smart. Then when people play it against me idk if i should be playing the bots or not.

I would pretty much always play it on curve if you have it (would not keep it in the mulligan though). Later in the game it depends on the game state, I wouldn't play it if your opponent was low on cards in hand and
it's not a great card on an empty board

As for playing against it, playing the bots is usually a good idea since it's 3 mana and denies them a potential 3/3 in addition to the 3/3 you get. Keep in mind that unless they can kill their Pozzik by trading into one of your minions on their next turn then you can delay playing the bots if you have better plays.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Beyond weapon, how do you mulligan Enrage Warrior?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

after struggling all month I finally got legend with Weapon Rogue of all things :toot:

### Weapon Rogue
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Air Guitarist
# 2x (1) Deadly Poison
# 2x (1) Door of Shadows
# 2x (1) Filletfighter
# 2x (1) Jolly Roger
# 2x (1) Swashburglar
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 2x (2) Fogsail Freebooter
# 2x (2) Harmonic Hip Hop
# 2x (2) Instrument Tech
# 2x (3) Cutlass Courier
# 2x (3) Mic Drop
# 2x (3) Pufferfist
# 2x (3) Swordfish
# 2x (4) Dread Corsair
#
AAECAcKPBAAPpooEkp8E7qAEirAEiskEmNsEmtsE9N0E16MF07IF2sMFuMUF0s4FvZ4G1p4GAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

let's see how the miniset shakes things up

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I’ve taken to enrage warrior. I don’t normally play combo decks so it’s a bit of a learning curve and I’m definitely the limiting factor in my win rate so far but it’s been fun to learn.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
If you're hunter you can also drop Pozzik on turn 7 to set up a pretty nasty collateral damage.

Also Teron Gorefiend should probably not be allowed in beast lobbies. I juiced my blood gems up to 8/117 each.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
any lucky twelve win h brawl goon winners? would be nice if we had one / a few. seen folks online posting their decks and winning but it looks like such rng / arena trash bait.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Wait is it arena pickem decks or standard decks?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

The heroic brawl is standard decks

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I don't think I've seen Slamma Jamma lose yet, except to someone with more Slamma Jammas.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
That new launcher is bad. "Home" is incredibly cluttered.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Pardot posted:

I'd snap-keep Pozzik in the mulligan on the coin because that Turn 3 play is so powerful. On the play I'd think about it, but I usually just keep (as Frost DK or Face Hunter).

Your hand has to be pretty bad to make spending 3-mana on a 3/3 worth it, but some decks are like that (e.g. I'm climbing with Burn Mage, and you can draw your deck out of order, so freezing Pozzik and playing a 3/3 is sadly often the strongest play).

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

lol

lmao

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Note it’s not 1 less for each card in your deck.

Anyway, okay for fatigue Warlock and any deck that uses Jailer but not great otherwise.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I want to find a way to Holy Wrath this sucker into the opponents face for an OTK

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I mean Paladin already has their 25 mana legendary and Molten giants for that

Speaking of Paladin that’ll be real nice to discover from Countess

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
seems much too slow unless Fatigue/Control Warlock gets a lot more support

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

That new launcher is bad. "Home" is incredibly cluttered.

It's a way to show you more ads for other blizzard games. There's a setting called "On startup, view" and you can change it from the home page to "Last viewed game page"

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

RatHat posted:

Speaking of Paladin that’ll be real nice to discover from Countess

I wonder if the cost-setting ability overwrites the Invitations' "set cost to zero" effect.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Kalageeses

Fun fact, it is in fact possible to run out of a minion. A couple of times I triggered Vela, and nothing came out.

Patrick Spens fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 30, 2023

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

New tavern brawls and one of them is a dungeon run. My prayers have been answered.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Followed a 7 game losing streak with a 10 game winning streak and now that I've spoken it aloud I'm gonna skid all the way back to diamond 5. :catstare:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

Followed a 7 game losing streak with a 10 game winning streak and now that I've spoken it aloud I'm gonna skid all the way back to diamond 5. :catstare:

I’ve spent the past week bouncing between diamond 5 and diamond 2.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
The new miniset looks so dull? Might be the first I don't spend gold on…

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

When does it drop?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The Lord Bude posted:

When does it drop?

Around 10am PST/1pm EST like usual

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
Mechazod brings out the biggest morons to the tavern brawl. I finally had a winning game but the Druid player attacked the boss with his face, which put him in range for the boss to kill him.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Mechazod brawl seems to get harder everytime they do it

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Well the new Priest cards were enough to get me Overheal deck to Diamond 5, so I'm pretty happy with the mini set overall.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
The music in this expansion is so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9HGO-URKgQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ8r3kmx_7E

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Well the new Priest cards were enough to get me Overheal deck to Diamond 5, so I'm pretty happy with the mini set overall.

can you post your list please

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Who in the possible loving gently caress thought ‘Let’s give DK Rush/Lifesteal/Cleave, it’s just not enough of a health slog already’

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Oh didn't realize the mini set actually released. Got diamond 5 right before the reset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Twenty-seven packs got me the entire mini-set except for Elite Tauren Champion which was a nice surprise. Usually I'm missing at least two of the Legendaries. Now the question of whether it is worth it to craft him or not.