Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Every so often I realize how much I miss Tim Donst. I know he's doing a few indies here and there, mostly CZW (which...possibly isn't a thing anymore), but man. He's another guy I'm amazed hasn't been picked up for more.

Yeah, Donst was great. Let me see if I can find the gif...

https://twitter.com/AEWEnhance/status/1344585554483179521

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Kind of nervous how little the taxi driver knew about the Silver Nugget for this GCW show which makes me worried getting a ride back at 230 AM after the Hoodslam show

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

That was the most hosed up poo poo I've ever seen :stonk:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

Kind of nervous how little the taxi driver knew about the Silver Nugget for this GCW show which makes me worried getting a ride back at 230 AM after the Hoodslam show

shot you a pm

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

shot you a pm
Thanks just saw it; Hoodslam was good fun, commentary from Effy and Veda was gold, bummed I didn't meet Dark Sheik since she was busy with planning the hoodslam show

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Just Gringo Loco things

https://twitter.com/AndreasHale/status/1662323643433783296?s=20

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/AchillesF6/status/1662485181423566851
Just great matches all around from both shows

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Surprise guest at a micro indie that runs out of a legion hall a few blocks from me.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Is that El Phantasmo is someone else’s gear?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

It's Elp in his special gear for me personally

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Or maybe it's his and he's trying a new thing, not sure. He's from here (and apparently still lives here) so he shows up a lot, but usually not at the smaller indies.

ARMBAR A COP posted:

It's Elp in his special gear for me personally
or that

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This is making me want to drive down.

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1663264085369077773

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

holy moley i will be watching that this year

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Which kind of retirement will Matt Tremont announce for this one

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

History Comes Inside! posted:

A retirement from doing shows that occur on June 3, 2023

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

History Comes Inside! posted:

He's gotta do something to top Tank "retiring" and holding a panel to "tell the REAL story about the Mike Levy incident" from SCI 2017 and then competing in multiple future SCI tournaments

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

So you're telling me that this could conceivably lead to a Yamashita vs Sugiura match?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lamuella posted:

So you're telling me that this could conceivably lead to a Yamashita vs Sugiura match?

They've had a singles match before, 2022 in Freedoms. And a great Tag Team deathmatch where Rina & Minoru Fujita faced Soul Meat for the Tag Titles

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/POSTwrestling/status/1663659043225841667?t=GRQVuiDti0lsTd7d9QNJ9w&s=19

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

How’s he gonna cancel this time?

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

For the first time in a while, Low Ki is going to have to sell.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
if anyone wants to go to the defy show this weekend i have 4 extra tickets. 3rd row near the door

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Tossing up whether to go to this. On one hand, seeing Suzuki will be great even if Low Ki might not show. On the other hand, the rest of the card will probably suck poo poo since the NHPW roster is several orders of quality below the other larger indy in Perth EPW where I usually go

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Didn't Ki already cancel once when he was scheduled to face Suzuki at Bloodsport or something?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Didn't Ki already cancel once when he was scheduled to face Suzuki at Bloodsport or something?

I was wrong, it was Minoru Suzuki who replaced Low Ki at the first Bloodsport after Ki tried to hold them up for money.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Watching Low Ki get murdered for stiffing Suzuki would be excellent to watch tbh.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hopefully we get a really funny finish.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'm mostly wondering when Low Ki has ever actually looked like that promo pic

He looks like if Johnny Drama from Entourage prepped for an MMA fight

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/deadlockpro/status/1664007904209297408?s=20

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

G-Raver's trial is next month https://www.pennlive.com/news/2023/05/popular-pa-death-match-wrestler-gets-court-date-for-serious-drug-charges-report.html

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Hope he gets help the miserable gently caress

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I’ve never seen a crowd go from “WHAT gently caress THIS NOOOO” to “WAIT NAH THIS RULES” faster than DEFY tonight

KENTA is our new champ we love to see it

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
gently caress yeah KENTA

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I really thought Nick was going to keep it a while after the build he had, but he must be going AEW full time next month. Really fun show. About half the card was Vancouver/Lion's Gate Dojo people. Great to see ReLoaded show up in Defy for the first time. They got a great reception.

Galeno del Mal is the WIDEST MAN I HAVE EVER SEEN.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Bonk posted:

I really thought Nick was going to keep it a while after the build he had, but he must be going AEW full time next month. Really fun show. About half the card was Vancouver/Lion's Gate Dojo people. Great to see ReLoaded show up in Defy for the first time. They got a great reception.

Galeno del Mal is the WIDEST MAN I HAVE EVER SEEN.

nick is going to debut in aew tap out moxley and rename the group Bothell Combat Club

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
They also announced last night that Defy (and other indie wrestling) streaming will soon be available on a new site called Wremix, and you can sign up free for early access.

I wonder if the exclusive streaming service they started after leaving Fite last year didn't get the numbers they wanted - their monthly sub is way more expensive than most, and I can't imagine that helps new fans get into it.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Bonk posted:

They also announced last night that Defy (and other indie wrestling) streaming will soon be available on a new site called Wremix, and you can sign up free for early access.

I wonder if the exclusive streaming service they started after leaving Fite last year didn't get the numbers they wanted - their monthly sub is way more expensive than most, and I can't imagine that helps new fans get into it.

Defy, Enjoy and PCW Ultra is a solid starting lineup for a streaming service.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
They're promoting it as 100% free, with ads. Seems like a fair tradeoff for how much you save. I wonder if it'll have actual archives, or if Defy's back catalog is going to be on their site only.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bonk posted:

I guess this has a better shot than the PWTV service that started with the same business plan last year but I dunno, ad supporting wrestling network does not seem like a good business plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Wasn't PWTV's flagship promotion... MLW? :geno:

Your Nightmare is supposed to be the first Defy show on it, so I hope they got clear audio of Christopher Daniels calling me an rear end in a top hat during his match. :v: