Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Oi chav fancied a cuppa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Coffee drinkers are humiliated again! *sips tea tory-ishly* Another wonderful day in Sunak's Britain.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Baby formula at the Target nearest to me is behind locked glass, along with pretty much any small toiletry item over $10.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Paladinus posted:

Coffee drinkers are humiliated again! *sips tea tory-ishly* Another wonderful day in Sunak's Britain.

The replies are full of dumbshit like that or people suggesting cheaper chains.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

hey UK close the loving.m fridge doors at Tesco you idiot barbarians, don’t you know how cold works?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Turtle Watch posted:

I was converted by the word of Riddick

open-palm slap god into your life.

more people should be misotheistic

Orbis Tertius
Feb 13, 2007

Turtle Watch posted:

I was converted by the word of Riddick

open-palm slap god into your life.

that’s rebellion! *gets sawed in half by riddick*

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

more people should be misotheistic

me so theistic

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Imagine having anything but hate and contempt for god, for chaining us to the great cosmic wheel

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

can’t even become an aspiring champion and get some cool fly wings or tentacles either

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer

Professor Shark posted:

can’t even become an aspiring champion and get some cool fly wings or tentacles either

many goons have tried and were gifted spawnhood for their hubris.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

hey UK close the loving.m fridge doors at Tesco you idiot barbarians, don’t you know how cold works?

I don't think they so, they keep putting their pipes on the outside of the houses where they will break from freezing. The UK is not a nation of people who think things through.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

BonHair posted:

I don't think they so, they keep putting their pipes on the outside of the houses where they will break from freezing. The UK is not a nation of people who think things through.

Really? Soil pipes are on the outside, because they're not going to freeze in UK weather, but supply pipes I've never seen on the outside

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

Really? Soil pipes are on the outside, because they're not going to freeze in UK weather, but supply pipes I've never seen on the outside

You've only seen them from inside?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Failed Imagineer posted:

they're not going to freeze in UK weather

That's what Texas thought.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Facebook Aunt posted:

That's what Texas thought.

I can confidently say that UK and Ireland are never going to experience temperatures where my high-speed turds flying down a large-bore soil pipe are going to freeze up and clog the system

3D Megadoodoo posted:

You've only seen them from inside?

Correct, in the little room under my stairs where some of the pipework is visible

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

I can confidently say that UK and Ireland are never going to experience temperatures where my high-speed turds flying down a large-bore soil pipe are going to freeze up and clog the system

Correct, in the little room under my stairs where some of the pipework is visible

Okay dobby the house elf

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Shame Boy posted:

Okay dobby the house elf

I thought it was Harry Potter that lived under the stairs

That Old Ganon
Jan 2, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Whooping Crabs posted:

Baby formula at the Target nearest to me is behind locked glass, along with pretty much any small toiletry item over $10.
The Walmarts I've gone to in Los Angeles County had anything baby releated behind glass, like all of it: food, diapers, thermometers, medication. Also had Tide pods behind glass, as well as some shampoos or something.

I was surprised when I noticed that nothing is behind glass in a Walmart in western Massachusetts.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
god put us here so we could achieve CHIM.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Shame Boy posted:

The Bleaching is the name given to the physical decolorization and unnatural aging of a gnome, and is caused by a lack of exposure to new and exciting experiences. This leaching of color is accompanied by a psychological decline and loss of charisma: first into depression and apathy, and eventually into madness and death. Gnomish efforts to fend off the Bleaching only serve to fuel their racial curiosity and whimsy, giving it somewhat of a manic edge. Some claim that the Bleaching is a result of the gnomes' leaving the First World thousands of years ago.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
https://i.imgur.com/hF6FGIA.mp4

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Failed Imagineer posted:

I thought it was Harry Potter that lived under the stairs

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tankbuster posted:

god put us here so we could achieve CHIM.

I thought they renamed it NINJAG.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hmmmmm quitting my job despite having 0 real issues is a new experience why dont i do that maybe that will feel nice

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Hmmmmm quitting my job despite having 0 real issues is a new experience why dont i do that maybe that will feel nice

I mean I have done incredibly stupid poo poo like that for basically that reason, yes.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Shame Boy posted:

I mean I have done incredibly stupid poo poo like that for basically that reason, yes.

Same
:hmmyes:

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

unmedicated adhd is a hell of a drug, I’d do that kinda poo poo like clockwork every 1-2 years

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Maed posted:

unmedicated adhd is a hell of a drug, I’d do that kinda poo poo like clockwork every 1-2 years

Me, after months of burnout and a bad day: https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/12096dcd-64e1-4808-baa2-3b21cbac5c8a

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
I worked at a grocery store for eight years and at least four times saw employees walk out mid-shift and never come back. I was always envious of their bold move.

One of the guys who did so is now a lawyer representing labor in disputes.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Brrrmph posted:

I worked at a grocery store for eight years and at least four times saw employees walk out mid-shift and never come back. I was always envious of their bold move.

One of the guys who did so is now a lawyer representing labor in disputes.

Getting so pissed off at a lovely job that you go to law school to get back at them is definitely a power move.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Some of my best memories are quitting jobs, gently caress em

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Maed posted:

I'd say it's the opposite of a drug, actually.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Paladinus posted:

I'd say it's the opposite of a drug, actually.

there are drugs that can make you unable to get out of bed for 6 months straight :colbert:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Abongination posted:

Some of my best memories are quitting jobs, gently caress em

I did really enjoy getting a job offer that paid nearly twice what I was making at one point, and the CEO of first job being all "well what are they offering you, maybe we can meet it!" and I told him and he scoffed (like, made an actual scoffing noise) and went "well I can't pay THAT much!"

Okay bud

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

He did offer a whole ten percent raise as some sort of counter-offer and a lot of "don't you like living here better though?" (here being backwater fucktown Melbourne, Florida) and later moving on to "how could you, after all I've done for you!!"

Credit where it's due, my boss (who I think knew I could really gently caress poo poo up if I wanted to) calmed him down and got him to just give me the rest of my 2 weeks' off, paid, so I could focus on moving and poo poo, so that was pretty cool of him.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

In college I got a job at a pizza place. They scheduled me for a couple of shifts and I showed up to work them. Then I just never heard from them again and didn't bother to contact them. Don't know if that counts as quitting or being fired.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

In college I got a job at a pizza place. They scheduled me for a couple of shifts and I showed up to work them. Then I just never heard from them again and didn't bother to contact them. Don't know if that counts as quitting or being fired.

You're still employed there.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

did you collect your last paycheck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

did you collect your last paycheck?

don't think so. it was like $20