Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I’m probably going to take a break from the Internet tonight after voting. I don’t think it’s good for my mental health to watch the vote counts roll in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Old Swerdlow posted:

I’m probably going to take a break from the Internet tonight after voting. I don’t think it’s good for my mental health to watch the vote counts roll in.

i usually go to a bar and down martini after martini until the results come in.

i'm not saying this is a good idea, but it's an idea

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

How many Albertastanians are there on these forums??

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
I don't live there anymore but you can't take the whatsit outta the etc.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

don't we have like 4 subs but one burned down and the others don't work? or something

our military is so hilarious stupid and pointless lmao

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp
I'm in northwestern Alberta, so I got to be one of ten or so NDP voters in my riding on Friday.

After how badly they defunded the teams that fought the wildfires a couple weeks ago, you'd expect that the logical result would be for Danielle Smith to end up eating a 55 gallon drum of poo poo with a small spoon, but since this is Alberta, she's probably going to win in a total landslide. I'll probably avoid the poll results tonight by hiding in the basement, smoking tons of weed, and playing with synthesizers.

But I have seen exactly two lawn signs on someone's actual house in my neighborhood over the last month, and usually people are tripping over each other's dicks to show off how much they want to kiss the UCP right on the lips. Also, one of them was at the house of a guy with a "F*ck Trudeau" flag, and someone seems to have taken the sign down - but not the flag - at some point over the last few days, so maybe this means something. and while I'm dreaming, I'd like a pony. :smith:

I just finished reading that pipeline book by Andreas Malm. If the UCP wins, I should put it in the neighborhood free library box. And if the NDP wins, I'm going to donate $250 to Odyssey House. :toxx:

im_sorry has issued a correction as of 02:30 on May 30, 2023

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

CLAM DOWN posted:

don't we have like 4 subs but one burned down and the others don't work? or something

We have them, but there was a fatal fire when one was transferred to Canada, and another more recent fire with no fatalities.

The issue is that, as the saying goes, it takes 300 years to build a tradition and the RCN has been hollowed out to the point where rapid expansion will have huge cultural and training problems.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

RCN = fail
MCRN= win

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
what exactly were we going to do with the submarines anyway? finally deal with the portuguese fishing trawlers?

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

CLAM DOWN posted:

i believe all 4 can be seen at 1:30 in this cancon classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LlazPgxKrA

Durf has issued a correction as of 03:02 on May 30, 2023

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

madmatt112 posted:

How many Albertastanians are there on these forums??

Edmonton-Strathcona checking in - it’s a beautiful May night until I start checking the results

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Old Swerdlow posted:

I'm plugged into the TV and the internet and I have all of my potential posts already composed. I'm fully jacked in to the election and all possibilities have a post ready. Let's rock

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Albino Squirrel posted:

Didn't Farkas come out years ago, or was it just an open secret in AB poli?

He said he was Bi multiple times he just didn't focus on it for election strategy.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Currently NDP has 52% of the votes and 5 seats. UCP has 43% and 16 seats. This is going to be a loving infuriating election isn't it?

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Randalor posted:

Currently NDP has 52% of the votes and 5 seats. UCP has 43% and 16 seats. This is going to be a loving infuriating election isn't it?

same as every single other election save one in the last gazillion years here. sigh.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Well not unexpected but CBC already about to call it for the UCP

Lol, lmao

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

THOUSAND YEAR DANIELLE SMITH IMPERIUM, DANIELLE SMITH ETERNAL PRESIDENT OF THE ALBERTA REPUBLIC! THE ENEMIES OF FREEDOM CRUMBLE BEFORE THE WILL OF THE MARKET! TEN THOUSAND YEAR DANIELLE SMITH REICH! DANIELLE SMITH LIVING ETERNALLY, ETERNAL LIFE DANIELLE SMITH FED BY HOMELESS ORPHANS! NEGATIVE SOCIAL SPENDING - THE TAKERS MUST REPAY THE MAKERS FOR THE WELFARE THEY STOLE! ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND YEARS DANIELLE SMITH THE ETERNAL LEADER, HER PRIVATE DEATH SQUADS DESTROY THE ENEMIES OF LIBERTY! THE WILL OF THE MARKET GUIDES DANIELLE SMITH TOWARD ITS DOMINION!

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
I heard the old "lots of advance voting, good for andp" canard. never strikes me as anything more than "our voters are good people who do good things like vote early, a good thing"

Segue
May 23, 2007

Lol CBC trying to project with 5% of the vote like some two bit CNN. At least it helps drive my anxiety

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

elections alberta is counting votes incredibly slow so I'm hoping for the comedy option of UCP losing to late night MASSIVE DUMPS

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Durf posted:

elections alberta is counting votes incredibly slow so I'm hoping for the comedy option of UCP losing to late night MASSIVE DUMPS

That would be the best but unfortunately incredibly unlikely

I hate this lovely province so much

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

sleep with the vicious posted:

Well not unexpected but CBC already about to call it for the UCP

Lol, lmao

Huh, CBC is showing more seats for both NPD and UCP than Election Alberta's own website. That's either some top-notch reporting, or CBC is a joke and just making things up as they go.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

they might be projecting based on vote totals and the way the riding has gone in the past

so yeah, making things up

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

1.5 hrs to get where they were 5 mins into the last election

cya on wednesday!

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Danielle Smith is the first confirmed MLA

Again: lol, gently caress this lovely province

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Durf posted:

their noggins just work a lil bit slower in that province, they can do anything the rest of us can it just takes them a little bit longer :)

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

eXXon posted:

RCN = fail
MCRN= win

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

gently caress I love the Expanse

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007
Can't wait for AIMCO to burn up my pension in 5 days. Then blame Trudeau (while asking for a bailout for my insured pension)

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

Randalor posted:

Huh, CBC is showing more seats for both NPD and UCP than Election Alberta's own website. That's either some top-notch reporting, or CBC is a joke and just making things up as they go.

STOP THE COUNT

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Albertan here, I'm planning to play video games and ignore election coverage until tomorrow morning, when data will probably be more than statistical noise.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

CLAM DOWN posted:

gently caress I love the Expanse

I lol'd pretty hard at what happened to the MCRN and mars at the end that was some good poo poo

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

CBC had to bail on an interview with an old cowboy that accused the rcmp of killing some rancher

"some interesting allegations!" lol

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels stepped into the brendle fly machine at the same time

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

This is what I imagine everyone who lives in Alberta looks like.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

ZShakespeare posted:

This is what I imagine everyone who lives in Alberta looks like.

we wish we all looked like this

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

this loving province

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
CBC keeping the smugness quotient as high as possible and most of these "analysts" including the CBC hosts are not ready for tv. Now they are just talking to random people on bad webcams like a bad cross province check up.

And I know Banff-kananaskis includes a lot of rural voters but holy poo poo Banff and Canmore get your poo poo together. I hate this lovely province so much

Edit: and this host is annoying as hell. Alright time for bed, enough of this garbage

sleep with the vicious has issued a correction as of 05:49 on May 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
CBC called for UCP.

I look forward to ways Danielle Smith twists her "mandate" to drive the province into the ground.

gently caress this province.