Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Wiebe.
This poll is closed.
Steve Wiebe. 30 42.25%
Steve Wiebe. 41 57.75%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Orv
May 4, 2011

hatty posted:

Did Victoria 3 end up being bad?

Would it surprise you to learn a Paradox game released in a state which needs major mechanics overhauls and some amount of additional content?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Hexas

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/pixelsbyphil/status/1662189983539822592?t=fdqwSxaKAgy_sv-noH6I7g&s=19

Blizzard did a Diablo 4 Q&A video and all the questions are fake

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
How do you guys make such awesome games and how do you deal with bullies unjustly harassing you over dark pattern monetization?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

lmao

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Thanks in part to Stux endlessly ranting about the sequel a while back I played Anodyne because it was free on PS Plus and that was really fun! And weird! And like half the trophies are completely broken!

A+++ will definitely buy 2 when my paycheck hits.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Super mega baseball 4 has early unlock tomorrow.

Official release june 2. Don't care much about the legends stuff but some of the other gameplay additions sound interesting like extra character traits. Plus a bunch of new stadiums is nice. Here's hoping visual modifications can be copied over online so I don't accidentally remove the blowfish from my game permanently again.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Wagie wagie get in cagie
All day sit and cry and ragie
Neet is happy Neet is cool
Neet is free from work and school
Wagie cracks and wagie dies
Neet eats tendies sauce and fries

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lol

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Mr. Blizzard, your game campaign seems to have the momentum. of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hey non-pc-having switch-havers. Case of the golden idol is on switch now!

Venerealmelon
May 27, 2023
Eu4 with meiou + taxes mod is heavenly. I don't understand 10% of it and it runs like dog poo poo, but everything fits into place so perfectly when I raid China as England ruining their economy for decades.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Venerealmelon posted:

Eu4 with meiou + taxes mod is heavenly. I don't understand 10% of it and it runs like dog poo poo, but everything fits into place so perfectly when I raid China as England ruining their economy for decades.

Have you tried Anbennar? Everyone’s talking about it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Mr. Blizzard, your game campaign seems to have the momentum. of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?

Also I have a cell phone

Venerealmelon
May 27, 2023

Jay Rust posted:

Have you tried Anbennar? Everyone’s talking about it

I'll certainly give it a shot. I initially wrote it off, but after looking at it a bit more I'm interested by the new mechanics.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

hatty posted:

Did Victoria 3 end up being bad?

It's just a very bad, ill considered game. Its systems are either nonsensical or non functional, and they've already got the sycophants on Pavlovs expansion/patch treadmill. It honestly makes me so sad to see what could've been a great and intriguing game modeling social movements, internal politics, trade, and expansion reduced to a shambling mess of incoherent systems with a non functional AI for other states.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I haven’t checked in on stellaris in a couple of years, how’s that doing?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Its still getting new DLC.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

I gurantee you between the last three pages of the thread their is one person admitting that the game was poo poo before LastPatch and one person hopeful that the game will be finally good in NextPatch. Whole game has been a loving disaster from the start, PDX needs to regroup and refocus so they can remember how to make a loving video game instead of a DLC distribution device.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I installed Shockwave just now by following the instructions at https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/339173/how-can-i-play-dcr-shockwave-games, including installing Shockwave via their mirror, then installing the Pale Moon 32-bit browser, then doing the registry fix for modern Nvidia GPUs, then some of my favorite old games worked again. I used to play this candy-themed miniature golf game in the eighth grade during fifth period where we were having six weeks of computer classes (between six weeks of art and six weeks of P.E.) and they had us do easy things like draw in MS Paint and I got an A for using that tool that makes curves like the edge of a pencil's graphite to draw confetti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6ACiUCVTT0
https://oneweakness.com/candy-stand-minigolf

also there was this other one called Merlin's Quest which has one of those "press four buttons four times in the correct order, but not necessarily all the buttons" puzzles in the form of discovering the formula for wizard's gold, and the cube looked like the tesseract from the Avengers movies when you got it right
https://oneweakness.com/merlinsquest

https://unstable.life/flashpoint-database/ is also great, everything's there that I wanted to be

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 03:50 on May 30, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hope the fortnite transformers actually transform but they have to label it as "convert" because they legally can't use the term transform without weakening the trademark

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Why would it weaken the trademark? It's literally the actual Transformers.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cause they transform into Gobots

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I beat mortal shell it was fine honestly and I didn't mind that it was short since they sorta ran out of ideas at the end though at least the areas were distinctive.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Waffleman_ posted:

Why would it weaken the trademark? It's literally the actual Transformers.
nope, not even the MTG transformers cards, which both properties are owned by hasbro, can use it, it has to use "convert".

it's my favorite bit of incredibly stupid dancing around of legal rules. if they use transform(a word they cannot own) as a core part of the transformers(a word they can own) themselves, it might lead to them losing the right to own the term transformers. it's very stupid

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

why is Soundwave a ninja

Orv
May 4, 2011
Do you have a solid reason why Soundwave can’t be a ninja?

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Orv posted:

Do you have a solid reason why Soundwave can’t be a ninja?

he is loud

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh is this related to how Bumblebee, despite his name, can never be allowed to transform into a bee

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Captain Invictus posted:

nope, not even the MTG transformers cards, which both properties are owned by hasbro, can use it, it has to use "convert".

it's my favorite bit of incredibly stupid dancing around of legal rules. if they use transform(a word they cannot own) as a core part of the transformers(a word they can own) themselves, it might lead to them losing the right to own the term transformers. it's very stupid

I thought they didn't use transform because they didn't want to have it overlap with the pre-existing transform mechanic

Orv
May 4, 2011

He doesn’t have to be though!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Orv posted:

He doesn’t have to be though!

Him name Soundwave

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Soundwave, jam that transmission!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Waffleman_ posted:

Him name Soundwave

There's an old school transformer toy named Camshaft which transforms into a Mazda RX-7, a car famous for its rotary engine which has no camshafts

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Okay but Soundwave is a boomed box

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

*throws Laserbeak, Ravage, & Rumble like ninja stars*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Okay but Soundwave is a boomed box

Nobody even knows what that is anymore