Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Oh they WERE going to do another garage/cellar stepmania den stream but the internet wasn't cooperating. Glad they managed to find a back up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Agrias120 posted:

I wonder why if someone doesn’t choose an incentive they don’t automatically put it towards the closest upcoming incentive goal (that isn’t a poll vote). It’d be assuming intent for an otherwise intent-less donation, but it doesn’t feel like it would be in a bad way.

i think the idea is that it's a deliberate effort to raise the money for something cool, whereas automatically putting it towards the next incentive would make it feel more like a simple milestone goal

i still think it's better to have it as a milestone versus missing the incentive but i don't know the research on this kind of stuff, and i assume it's more complicated than what it seems on the surface

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Also some people want to donate but may specifically NOT want to see that incentive. With what happened last year, I thought "No Bar" incentive sounded like a really lovely idea before seeing them doing player rotation.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Slickdrac posted:

Also some people want to donate but may specifically NOT want to see that incentive. With what happened last year, I thought "No Bar" incentive sounded like a really lovely idea before seeing them doing player rotation.

That’s a good point, I wasn’t really thinking about the case where someone would want to donate but explicitly not want to support the current incentive.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Yeah we all were better for not having heard the lobotomy chicken song

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
This is a dope exhibition and they're very talented, but I am missing the manic energy that is normally displayed in these games.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Geight posted:

This is a dope exhibition and they're very talented, but I am missing the manic energy that is normally displayed in these games.

That is true, this is like golf commentary energy.

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

I got a cobra for a cock and some wrought iron balls
lmao they're moving so quickly it looks like they're characters in a speedrun trying to glitch through the floor.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

$10k for a Hearthstone incentive in the middle of the night strikes me as, uh, ambitious.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
They gotta have a less buzzy mic for the donation reader if he's gonna be that loud

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Agrias120 posted:

I wonder why if someone doesn’t choose an incentive they don’t automatically put it towards the closest upcoming incentive goal (that isn’t a poll vote). It’d be assuming intent for an otherwise intent-less donation, but it doesn’t feel like it would be in a bad way.

FWIW more than 80% of donations (both in terms of raw count, and summed amount) end up getting put towards an incentive, so making this process automatic honestly wouldn't make that much of a difference. There was a lot of stuff open and people were donating towards other things at the same time for whatever reason. This does get factored in to the target amounts, but it's still black magic a good portion of the time.

Also I'm definitely down for that goon dinner on Wednesday. I'll have to set a reminder so I don't forget. The last few days have been hella busy, as you might imagine.

UraniumAnchor fucked around with this message at 07:19 on May 30, 2023

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Geight posted:

They gotta have a less buzzy mic for the donation reader if he's gonna be that loud

I thought the runner's mic was exceptionally lovely at first but it was just the game making that droning noise.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Very interested to see Chained Echoes beat under an hour later, no idea what kind of stuff the speedrun uses. Played it some time ago myself and had a good time, although the game felt a bit too long towards the end (and hard, had to turn the help options on to be able to clear it)

Also looking forward to Overcooked 2 and danejerus was the very fabulous person who ran Fashion Police Squad at AGDQ, so Alpha Prime should be fun as well.

e: appreciate the breakfast squad

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 07:45 on May 30, 2023

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

This interview makes it sound like Overcooked 2 will be special.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
Super excited for Overcooked 2

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

OneMoreTime posted:

Ok! For wednesday we’re going to Hell’s Kitchen at 8:30 pm. Please reply to this so I have an idea of who is going.

Hello yes

Got a +1 who is also a goon

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

I'm really curious how Overcooked 2 would work, I thought each level has a timer where you make as many dishes as possible.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

TeaJay posted:

Very interested to see Chained Echoes beat under an hour later, no idea what kind of stuff the speedrun uses. Played it some time ago myself and had a good time, although the game felt a bit too long towards the end (and hard, had to turn the help options on to be able to clear it)

Moonblazewolf rules

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Not looking good for that Hearthstone incentive without a big drop atm

e: always so sad when you gotta break that to the runner

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Audio crew having a hell of a time still with audio levels

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Mic's haunted.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

woo i got my donation read just before weird food donation train

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Let's eat some breakfast

e: Loving this bit

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Oh my god they opened the Overcooked run with The Menu.

loving incredible.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Yeah, this intro to the Overcooked! 2 run is fantastic.

Edit: They wore clothes to match the circle beneath their characters? Great.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 08:57 on May 30, 2023

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

YES CHEF

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

DAMNIT CHEF PUT THE CHEESE IN MY HANDS

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I can barely hear jhobz over the players

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

IMJack posted:

I can barely hear jhobz over the players

I think the other option was to mute all of their own banter which IMO would take away from the hectic feeling of the kitchen, chef

Jhobz is absolutely doing great throwing the info in when he can

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Organized chaos co-op is so much more entertaining to me than races that are usually never close or would work equally as well being one large screen since the play is identical.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
This already completely rules, oh my god it's chaos.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

If the hangry horde won't shut down this restaurant the health & safety inspectors surely will!

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Mierenneuker posted:

If the hangry horde won't shut down this restaurant the health & safety inspectors surely will!

"We throw ground beef on the floor all the time here, there are no health inspectors!"

I'm dying, squirtle

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
This is the weirdest Hell's Kitchen video-LARP i've ever seen.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

and now there's a fire

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Pickles dipped in nutella, pickles and cake, what the gently caress

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Kestral posted:

Pickles dipped in nutella, pickles and cake, what the gently caress

FOOD CRIMES, CHEF

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Jesus they're going to crush this world record if they don't completely fall apart

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

PIZZA GLITCH, CHEF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
Chat is so wholesome in this run :allears: