Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate posted:

MSPaint Masterpieces (from the start)

#1: Silliness - Failure

#2: Silliness - Still Failure

#3: Silliness - Short Old People

The change in art quality is pretty obvious going back from the 500s to the first comic. Ferret improves pretty rapidly, and I'd say it starts really having its own identity around 100 or so. Still, for now, enjoy some aughties humor about how windows computers keep on crashing. It was the ME era, it was relatable.

#4: Silliness - More Failure

#5: Silliness - Hi, Failure!

#6: Silliness - Possible Issues Here

In which we meet our protagonist for the moment. Polka is a super badass prototype terminator with weapons and powerful attacks better than ever other robot in the series, who is quippy and genre-savvy exactly the opposite of all that.

The characterization for the doctors is basically a copy of bob and george at the moment, eventually most of this early section ends up getting soft-retconned.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

LAST TIME ON CLOWN CORPS

alt: the actual name of the flavor is Electric Blue Death, but whatever, drink up

alt: this is a comic about insecure clowns

alt: It's the 300th page of the comic! unless you count covers, which I obviously don't. I changed the chapter 3 cover twice. I even changed the title of chapter 2 and no one's said anything. Anyway, 300 baby!!!

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

Yeah last time I posted jojo art in this thread it was the product of laughing really hard at how long arms and legs could stretch and how small a head could be relative to body size and height

Are you familiar with the incredible art of sattou0?
https://twitter.com/sattou0/status/1661571540054319105

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

I had seen it before but had forgotten!

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Ditocoaf posted:

The Adventures of Dr. McNinja - Issue #3: "There is a Raptor in My Office"

How did I miss this yesterday? I love shithead jetpack man!

(He is insane.)

Hogback Saga

That escalated quickly.

More author notes.

quote:

We saw some of the Heathens north of the Clyde being taken prisoner in the last chapter these are the ones that had failed to impress the King of Strathclyde.

Odin was a God associated with the gallows, the name of the world tree Yggdrasil means Odins horse in the sense he rode it when he hung himself in a magic sacrifice himself to himself from one of its branches.

a troll wife could be a poetic name for an axe.

Shinozaki's Daily Maintenance

CHK-CHAK

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

is she developing tooth decay or something.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
K6BD: has anyone ever won the ring of power? Guessing not, even though this is the 313rd or something and Solomon is still searching for a worthy heir

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Grumio posted:

K6BD: has anyone ever won the ring of power? Guessing not, even though this is the 313rd or something and Solomon is still searching for a worthy heir

Correct. A winner would take the throne, and the inability of anyone to do so means Solomon is the rightful ruler

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

is she developing tooth decay or something.

Let's go with "or something". Starting to suspect people might find it a little anticlimactic, though.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
She's staring at the top of her head and immediately broke her patrol pattern to resume staring when she adjusted her cat ear halo.

she's obviously concerned about some kind of minute grooming flaw and softlocked because she is neither programmed to adjust her master nor to ignore any faults in her bearing

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Part of me has been thinking it'll be some kind of "you aren't taking care of yourself, psychologically/emotionally" thing since I first saw the doll staring at the top of her head, but that makes no sense with the details we've seen since then.

An anticlimax would be appropriate and entertaining, here, don't worry about that.

Emzedoh posted:

How did I miss this yesterday? I love shithead jetpack man!

(He is insane.)
I didn't read ahead as intensively as I usually do for this issue, so I got a couple genuine laughs while posting this.

Ditocoaf has a new favorite as of 07:24 on May 30, 2023

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

The Adventures of Dr. McNinja - Issue #3: "There is a Raptor in My Office"

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

So much good stuff here.

YOU SHOULD PREPARE FOR A JETPACK ATTACK

Bulletproof abs.

Knocking a dude out with said abs.

Good times.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

She's staring at the top of her head and immediately broke her patrol pattern to resume staring when she adjusted her cat ear halo.

she's obviously concerned about some kind of minute grooming flaw and softlocked because she is neither programmed to adjust her master nor to ignore any faults in her bearing

Oh poo poo, I didn't notice that until you pointed it out and I reread this chapter a bunch of times as I was setting it up to post.

Edit:

Ditocoaf posted:

Part of me has been thinking it'll be some kind of "you aren't taking care of yourself, psychologically/emotionally" thing since I first saw the doll staring at the top of her head, but that makes no sense with the details we've seen since then.

What details are these?

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Emzedoh posted:

What details are these?
Ah, nothing as specific as I made that sound. I just expected if that first guess was right, I'd be seeing further hints towards that psychological angle, like maybe the discussion of this order for 900-something robodolls would start sounding stressful-in-a-repressed-way or something. Instead they've been showing/discussing examples of the maintenance-bot in ways focusing on its preciseness and perfectionism, which seems like it's leading to something more mundane-but-amusingly-trivial. I have no idea what exactly.

Ditocoaf has a new favorite as of 08:21 on May 30, 2023

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Fair enough, fair enough. This might be a situation where the way daily posting draws things out is a disadvantage.

All will be revealed tomorrow, anyway.

Edit: I pressed post and remembered I was going to update Wakako-Zake as well! Processing...

Emzedoh posted:

Wakako-Zake 49th Night: Horse Mackerel Nanbanzuke

Wakako-Zake 50th Night: Buttered Corn

Mmm, buttered corn.

Emzedoh has a new favorite as of 08:26 on May 30, 2023

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

FFT posted:

If, like me, you find it way easier to do this sort of thing by crossing your eyes, this is for you:

I don't know how it could work that way, it's baffling. But I'm glad it does!!
Plus, if the regular kind works for you, it functions as a fun instant migraine simulator

Kit Walker posted:

Are you familiar with the incredible art of sattou0?
https://twitter.com/sattou0/status/1661571540054319105

Does this still count as anatomy jazz??

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

seems more like a John Cage thing

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Emzedoh posted:

Wakako-Zake 50th Night: Buttered Corn

There's something melancholy about Wakako-Zake. Even when she's with friends she seems alone. I know she's enjoying her food but it seems a bit sad :smith:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

There's something melancholy about Wakako-Zake. Even when she's with friends she seems alone. I know she's enjoying her food but it seems a bit sad :smith:

Someone who finds delight in the small things, because they've never actually had the big things

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I've been smoking a ton of weed today, but Wakako - Zake but she's eating Los Pollos hermanos.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the food goblin is fine. the a/c is on, she has snacks, and is listening to her favourite internal monologue about how she really loves cheese and crackers or some poo poo

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Oh that is peak food goblin right there: The delight of a simple comfort dish, the irrelevant conversation at the next table distracting her for a moment to consider how social interaction can mean getting to the food only after it cooled and the internal monologue of the cook at how happy Wakako looks which puts me in mind of Garth Marenghi, food critic.

Just peak Food Goblin.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I get Wakako-Zake. After a long day of dealing with people at work, I want nothing more than a moment alone with my thoughts, just enjoying a meal and a drink. It's fun to just sit by your lonesome, observing people and getting a light buzz before moving on home.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

We all get it, it's a universal experience.
After getting hosed over by petty capitalists all day there really is nothing like having something savoury and fatty and hot. With a chilled cocktail or beer.

The Food Goblin knows and she hears all your prayers. Even if said prayers are "I wish the old bastard dies and also that the restaurant has a free loving table", Food Goblin don't judge.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Sometimes - oftentimes, even - you just want a moment to yourself.

The comment about being alone in company struck a nerve though. That sucks.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

One of the many symptoms of the modern world I'm afraid.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

It's true.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Buttered corn off the cob, though...?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Only so it can be mixed with bacon.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Served on a sizzling hot iron plate, too.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
It's real good, can confirm.

Corn on pizza is a take I still cannot get behind, though.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Wakako-Zake but it's about pickles, cream cheese, and ham roll ups.
Wakako-Zake aspic special.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Wakako-Zake but it's about chewing your cuticles.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Fun fact, the last translated chapter (as in, the point where fan translation kinda petered out) of Wakako-Zake is about pickles. None about cuticles so far.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Me when I finally get rid of a gnarly hang nail with my teeth

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Wakako-Zake needs a cameo in Haraiso Days. Food Cyber-goblin

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

1:

2::unsmigghh:

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

I knew you were going to go for that panel, BPD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I hear what you're saying and here's an avatar sized menacing Food Goblin:

If anyone is good at animation wants to make her actively drool that would be an improvement.