Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

lol they almost let her star in movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hedgehog Pie posted:

When was the last time an active wrestler had the book in a major promotion? Given Tony Khan is a big wrestling history nerd, I feel like he might be a bit wary if the latest example was still Big Sexy's tenure in WCW.

He only does tag stuff nowadays but Gedo has done 30 matches so far this year in New Japan

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1663367162587668480

Cody is still supposed to be a face, right? Because this is most textbook example of "Delusional heel pretends he didn't get his rear end handed to him" promo I've heard in a long time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

he sucks so much

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Is that piped in noise or is everyone in the arena just having loud conversations while Cody talks?

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
“He’s not man enough to make me tap out” makes no loving sense.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

You didn't make me tap out, you just broke my arm and I was too stubborn to tap out and passed out from the pain because I'm too insane to know when to quit.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cody Rhodes has officially been adopted into the Gracie family

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't you remember stone cold. well now they got a dumb rear end pathetic moron version who cares way more deeply than the other guy and would be 100% sorted with a hug and a kiss

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Germansimp posted:

Cody is still supposed to be a face, right? Because this is most textbook example of "Delusional heel pretends he didn't get his rear end handed to him" promo I've heard in a long time.

Brock's afraid of getting cody's poo poo on him when cody shits his pants after passing out from the pain at summerslam

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
If you alwaya wanted to see what the Austin/McMahon feud would have been like if Austin was beaten down and humiliated every week (sometimes twice!), and Austin never had a chance to physically get his revenge on Vince , you're going to absolutely love the Cody/HHH feud that's coming your way.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

3 A.M. Radio posted:

If you alwaya wanted to see what the Austin/McMahon feud would have been like if Austin was beaten down and humiliated every week (sometimes twice!), and Austin never had a chance to physically get his revenge on Vince , you're going to absolutely love the Cody/HHH feud that's coming your way.

Truly Cody is the man for our times

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Germansimp posted:

Getting nothing but Wimp Lo energy from Cody Rhodes. "I passed out, making me the winner!"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cody doing his absolute best to the very end to top Kaito for Most Humiliated Man Alive 2023

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Germansimp posted:

the pace at which he’s talking sounds like even he thinks this is dumb and is just going through the motions of CodyPromo.exe

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Does he say Brock Lesnar like Shawn Michaels?

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Does he say Brock Lesnar like Shawn Michaels?

ThebeastincarnateBrockLesnarrrrrrrr

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Hooray for Cody imo

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Everything about Cody’s look just screams heel and it bugs me more than anything else about him. The neck tat, the suits, the blond hair. Even his nickname!

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Seams posted:

Everything about Cody’s look just screams heel and it bugs me more than anything else about him. The neck tat, the suits, the blond hair. Even his nickname!

A corporate, suit-wearing Chosen One who comes to the ring dressed as Homelander and says he deserves the title because of who his dad was. Complete heel gimmick

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Have WWE finally worn down their audience enough to accept whatever they’re given? With Cody it feels like they’ve said “this is the guy, not anyone else you like instead, cheer him” for the millionth time, only now the crowd seems to have said “OK fine”

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

In what world is Cody being positioned as The Guy

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

You know just like Bruno and Hogan, he loses and cries and gets injured and cries. Its the classic playbook.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Answers Me posted:

Have WWE finally worn down their audience enough to accept whatever they’re given? With Cody it feels like they’ve said “this is the guy, not anyone else you like instead, cheer him” for the millionth time, only now the crowd seems to have said “OK fine”

No, that's what they did to Roman Reigns. People liked and cheered for Cody, WWE is just starting the "grind him into nothing special" thing they always do. It's sort of the reverse.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The WWE wrestler I most associate with coming out and cutting promos about how the bigger stronger wrestler kicked his rear end and that means he's the real winner is Dolph Ziggler and that is not a good thing to have anyone say about you.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Can you blame Cody for going uhhh well I didn't tap, making me the winner!!!!, what the gently caress else does he have to hold on to when they made him lose despite having a FREE LOADED ARM that he could bludgeon Brock with as much as he wanted.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Answers Me posted:

“He’s not man enough to make me tap out” makes no loving sense.

It shows you what WWE thinks of tap outs. If you tap out you are a little cry baby. Real men pass out.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

History Comes Inside! posted:

In what world is Cody being positioned as The Guy

He won the royal tumble!!!!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

reignofevil posted:

The WWE wrestler I most associate with coming out and cutting promos about how the bigger stronger wrestler kicked his rear end and that means he's the real winner is Dolph Ziggler and that is not a good thing to have anyone say about you.

Dolph got to be world heavyweight champion twice, putting him forever above first round washout Cody

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
It led to absolutely nothing but Ziggler cashing in on del Rio was a genuinely great moment that produced one of the biggest pops in WWE history

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
turn heel cody

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I was actually thinking back like "Wait didn't Dolph and Lesnar do a whole thing where Lesnar just kept beating him up over and over again" but actually that was Dolph and Goldberg.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Another key difference between multi time world champion Dolph Ziggler and Cody is Dolph Ziggler has spent his career asking and demanding to be world champion and has therefore been world champion while Cody for no reason made a vow to never be world champion then spent the last 4 years crying about it and wearing homelander costumes.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dolph Ziggler will also never be the worst Nemeth brother unless things take a seriously dark turn for him whereas Cody lives forever in the shadow of handsome and cool Dustin.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Rhodes Brothers tag team: Lost to the Bucks. Nobody really cares. Yawn.

Nemeth Bros tag team: #SUMMEROFHUNK LET'S GO BABY EVERYBODY LOVES SUMMER OF HUNK

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
vince demanding cody change his neck tattoo into a different country as part of his heel turn

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

Dolph Ziggler will also never be the worst Nemeth brother unless things take a seriously dark turn for him whereas Cody lives forever in the shadow of handsome and cool Dustin.

I did some research to see why Hollywood Hank was bad and it turns out they have a third brother! Who sucks!

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

vince demanding cody change his neck tattoo into a different country as part of his heel turn

My money's on Iran.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Shard posted:

It shows you what WWE thinks of tap outs. If you tap out you are a little cry baby. Real men pass out.

That's relatively universal wrestling thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kennel posted:

That's relatively universal wrestling thing.

American wrestling. To my understanding dudes tap out all the time in Lucha and they're not as finicky about it in Japan.