Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cat Machine posted:

Does it unlock anything?

The ability to date Chun-Li.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Cat Machine posted:

Relieved to hear that World Tour isn't worth the time. Does it unlock anything?

Nothing major unless you want to get into the Avatar Battles. You earn cosmetics through the story and unlock moves your avatar, but it's totally skippable. If you really want to see the story wait for a YouTube synopsis as actually playing through it is 90% grinding XP.

Seriously, World Tour is terrible. I genuinely preferred A Shadow Falls as at least that was bizarre and didn't waste my time.

Edit: pretty much the final piece of dialogue in WT is (not really a spoiler but going to spoil it anyway) "None of this means anything at all." which about sums it up.

Necrothatcher fucked around with this message at 09:28 on May 30, 2023

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Andrigaar posted:

Just noticed that the embargo dropped (arbitrary line in the sand I draw) and ordered it from GMG less than 15 minutes ago.

Now to hope they get me the key in time to pre-load it :colbert::coffee:

Is them being late with the key likely to happen? I was just talking (in the Steam thread) about buying this from GMG possibly , because it is, for some arbitrary reason, much cheaper for my region from that site, and specifically that site only.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Artelier posted:

Is them being late with the key likely to happen? I was just talking (in the Steam thread) about buying this from GMG possibly , because it is, for some arbitrary reason, much cheaper for my region from that site, and specifically that site only.

They are usually on time with sending out keys as soon as they're available.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I had it for a hot minute too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyne9Gy7_C8

World tour is fine, its not amazing but its not bad either, and provided me with a lot of fun moments.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SF6 is facilitating the discrimination of the poor with the Wifi indicators.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Jack Trades posted:

Green Man Gaming is a great store but if you wanted to play as soon as it unlocks, assuming that it is a midnight launch, then be aware that you may not get a key on time for that and it will be sent in the morning; They shouldn't be days late though.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Jack Trades posted:

This is what I remember and why I bought it from them. But I rarely pre-order games these days so it's been a while since I thought about or looked over which sites send them out before launch.

Captain Flame Guy
Mar 11, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

SF6 is facilitating the discrimination of the poor with the Wifi indicators.

Now make the benchmark mandatory to play online (but an abridged version that only tests the versus mode)

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Even if World Tour is rear end, even the critics love the rest of the game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Captain Flame Guy posted:

Now make the benchmark mandatory to play online (but an abridged version that only tests the versus mode)

Even SF4 did that. It's hosed up that fighting game developers not only are unable to learn from each other but sometimes even from themselves.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

You cant say a shadow falls did not waste your time when there was over an hour of loading screen on ps4 hdd during the 2.5 hour mode

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Double Bill posted:

Even if World Tour is rear end, even the critics love the rest of the game.

Critics love single player modes in fight games.

And they are right to do so

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Necrothatcher posted:

Been playing this for review for a couple of weeks and have finished World Tour mode, so if anyone wants to know anything ask away.

Here's my review btw: https://wegotthiscovered.com/reviews/review-street-fighter-6-is-dragged-down-by-its-truly-terrible-single-player-mode/

Man that’s truly some disingenuous poo poo when you write any comparison of Street Fighter 6’s World Tour mode to RE4 remake.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

The Dave posted:

Man that’s truly some disingenuous poo poo when you write any comparison of Street Fighter 6’s World Tour mode to RE4 remake.

They're both big budget 2023 Capcom releases running on the same engine?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Devil May Cry 5 sucks rear end and is a terrible piece of poo poo because it's multiplayer is a lot worse than Monster Hunter Rise or Street Fighter 6 despite both being big budget releases from the same company running on the same engine.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

world tour is way better than re4 remake

you can't even do sumo headbutts in re4, trash

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Would love to know if the third-person run-around component was developed for Battle Hub or World Tour first. Feels like they might have built it for online lobbies then realised they could try and spin a single player campaign out of it.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
So is there also a bog standard arcade mode with character endings, or is single player the career mode plus fighting ground matches vs the CPU character of your choice?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Breetai posted:

So is there also a bog standard arcade mode with character endings, or is single player the career mode plus fighting ground matches vs the CPU character of your choice?

Yes, there is. They showed it during one of the presentations.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Breetai posted:

Yeah, there's a full arcade story mode with a bonus stage. Cutscenes are still images with spoken dialogue under them.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
im so loving ready to destroy my hands doing ken run cancel drive rush combos

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Necrothatcher posted:

They're both big budget 2023 Capcom releases running on the same engine?

I feel like I'm responding to a troll. No matter how much they pump it up, World Tour mode is obviously not the primary focus of this game or where the majority of budget and development went towards. I don't think anyone saw this and thought it was going to break the wheel on fighting game single player modes. Could they do really interesting things with it to make it a little compelling, yet failed to deliver on it? Sure seems like it. Does another team in the same company being able to produce a high quality Resident Evil game have any relation to this? No.

Compare the actual SF game, arcade mode or versus, and yes it is at the same level of quality of RE4 Remake. Sure there's behind-the-scenes stuff that play a factor. The RE team likely has better experience with the engine, RE as a franchise was in a more favorable corporate position than SF. Having a tested in-house engine should help with development, if the teams are given the space and time to cross-pollinate (big if).

Regardless comparing the primary focus and effort of Resident Evil against Street Fighter's goofball avatar creation auxiliary focus is lazy? Stupid? Click bait?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Games journalism.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this is one of the best reviewed fighting games in recent years and somehow everyone is finding ways to be angry lol

Breetai posted:

not just that but all the extra team battle and Weird Mode options, it's probably the most well-stocked single player experience in a fighting game not made by NRS. Hope Tekken actually puts in the hard work to allow me to fight a chosen CPU character someday as well

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

The Dave posted:

I feel like I'm responding to a troll. No matter how much they pump it up, World Tour mode is obviously not the primary focus of this game or where the majority of budget and development went towards. I don't think anyone saw this and thought it was going to break the wheel on fighting game single player modes. Could they do really interesting things with it to make it a little compelling, yet failed to deliver on it? Sure seems like it. Does another team in the same company being able to produce a high quality Resident Evil game have any relation to this? No.

Compare the actual SF game, arcade mode or versus, and yes it is at the same level of quality of RE4 Remake. Sure there's behind-the-scenes stuff that play a factor. The RE team likely has better experience with the engine, RE as a franchise was in a more favorable corporate position than SF. Having a tested in-house engine should help with development, if the teams are given the space and time to cross-pollinate (big if).

Regardless comparing the primary focus and effort of Resident Evil against Street Fighter's goofball avatar creation auxiliary focus is lazy? Stupid? Click bait?

It's a 15-20 hour-long story-focused RPG, a ridiculous amount of effort has gone into making it, and World Tour is being heavily advertised as a worthwhile single-player experience in order to draw new players in. It's not some Tekken Bowl-style side mode, World Tour is literally the first thing on the top menu. And it looks like this:

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Giving a low score for the whole game because of World Tour is extra ridiculous considering it's essentially bonus content that doesn't normally exist in other similarly priced fighting games. You can ignore the whole mode and still get the usual fighting game experience, which is generally excellent in this game.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Necrothatcher posted:

It's a 15-20 hour-long story-focused RPG, a ridiculous amount of effort has gone into making it, and World Tour is being heavily advertised as a worthwhile single-player experience in order to draw new players in. It's not some Tekken Bowl-style side mode, World Tour is literally the first thing on the top menu. And it looks like this:

1) No
2) Pic rules?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Watcher for Season 2 dlc

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

You're really selling me on it. I'll be honest.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Now that I'm looking at it, it is pretty funny how similar the UI and the general framing of the shot is to a Yakuza game.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Hell Yeah

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Necrothatcher posted:

As a Yakuza series fan, this looks more than fine

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

Games journalism.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I don't understand how World Tour could possibly be bad enough to complain about. I played it in the demo because there wasn't much else to play and the impression I got was that this was surprisingly fun, I like being able to fistfight random grandmas on the street. It's exactly as advertised. Probably won't play that much of it but I'm glad it's there and I'll probably try to finish it eventually.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Looks like it's mostly getting 9s from most outlet and the metacritic indicates that. This could outsell SFV real quick considering it's launching on everything even last gen consoles and it will have positive word of mouth at the get go unlike SFV.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ulio posted:

Looks like it's mostly getting 9s from most outlet and the metacritic indicates that. This could outsell SFV real quick considering it's launching on everything even last gen consoles and it will have positive word of mouth at the get go unlike SFV.

Being a good game instead of a non-functional piece of garbage helps too.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I bought the game. Hopefully I won't regret it the way I did after I bought SFV.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

Being a good game instead of a non-functional piece of garbage helps too.

Ya didn't play v at launch but from what I remember it didn't have basic poo poo like spectator mode, arcade mode.

I am thinking of buying a controller before this launches, I use to play on a PS4 controller which wasn't bad for it but I feel like the ps5 controller is horrible for fighting games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

I beat world tour mode.

It was fun for what it was and it's worth doing. Plus it made me love Honda even more.