Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Argue posted:

Don't the diving ones deposit you back where you jumped from afterwards? As long as you caught them while diving that is.

just checked, noooope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I can’t find the last star island(with the lore tablet). Is it hidden or something?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. Missed it because its almost overlapping another island

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
As I keep playing I realize something. I actually like that weapons break incredibly easily. It forces me to constantly go on personal quests to find new tools. In most games, we, as players, find something that works for us and then refuse to change our playstyle. BOTW and TOTK, explicitly, don’t allow for that kind of playstyle.

“I need this zonai but my only tool to break it is glowing red? gently caress it. I’ll find something way better in a few moments.”

This only works because the game isn’t stingy about handing out really good loot.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I just get used to farming weapons every blood moon

Take a dip in the depths to get pristine weapons, and then a visit to hyrule field tower for a spiky ball, maybe a talus or construct for their hearts

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Weapon durability is very much a problem that only exists in people's heads.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

So is it possible to get to the air temple early? It seems like it might be feasible if difficult. I think the only temple you can't enter early is the lightning temple.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
There are so many monster parts to fuse to weapons I’m just using whatever weapon and adding to it.

If there is anything special I’ll mount it at the house. Having bootleg amiibos has made this a lot easier however. But even without that I’m just mix matching items.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

IShallRiseAgain posted:

So is it possible to get to the air temple early? It seems like it might be feasible if difficult. I think the only temple you can't enter early is the lightning temple.

Yup, you can and it's kind of a bummer if you do. There's no way to leave, you have to warp out. Really spoils the drama later when the plot characters are talking about how hard it would hypothetically be to reach. I was surprised there isn't even a comment on the fact I could just shrine warp back up there.

Kind of wishing Nintendo had made it too far to reach without the plot help but surely dedication to freedom wouldn't allow them. It was still really cool to try it.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 14:27 on May 30, 2023

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

The newspaper lady tells me Penn is at the Dueling Peaks Stable but when I go there he's nowhere to be found. I've done every other lead I've discovered, what gives? :(

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

AllNewJonasSalk posted:

As I keep playing I realize something. I actually like that weapons break incredibly easily. It forces me to constantly go on personal quests to find new tools. In most games, we, as players, find something that works for us and then refuse to change our playstyle. BOTW and TOTK, explicitly, don’t allow for that kind of playstyle.

“I need this zonai but my only tool to break it is glowing red? gently caress it. I’ll find something way better in a few moments.”

This only works because the game isn’t stingy about handing out really good loot.

Breaking through large tunnels of rock in caves is made much more convenient with old swords and rocks being dislodged from the rubble every four or five hammer swings, allowing rock hammers to be replenished at least as fast as they're used. I think Hyrulean concrete uses rusty claymores instead of rebar.

e:

Sab669 posted:

The newspaper lady tells me Penn is at the Dueling Peaks Stable but when I go there he's nowhere to be found. I've done every other lead I've discovered, what gives? :(

Have you checked the roof?

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Spanish Manlove posted:

Weapon durability is very much a problem that only exists in people's heads.

This is a very good point. If you think about it, most games only give you so much durability. For example: health potions. As players we know that each potion will have a one time use. Anything beyond that would trivialize the challenge of the game. People only complain, in regards to these new Zeldas, because we don’t generally think of weapons in the same way we think of potions.

As I keep playing I’ve been realizing that there is no difference between the two. A tool is a tool. Use that poo poo!

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Work and travel has prevented me from playing as much as I'd like. I've been in the depths twice. Once got the Robbie tutorial, and then messing around near the Great Plateau.

Both times I've had to teleport out. Was there a more organic exit that I missed?

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Does freeze immunity bonus from feathered set make you immune to Ice Gleeok blasts?

This thread can move so fast RN, so I'm not sure of this was answered:

I imagine this applies the same as the thunder helm w/ Thunder Gleeok: The attack does damage, but doesn't impede you like it would have.

Definitely still worth using unless you're RPing as Fierce Deity Link (aka an insane force of nature that somehow murders everything in the span of one bullet time and a perfectly placed explosive barrel).

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Sab669 posted:

You should approach your search with the fact that Penn is a bird in mind.

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Chieves posted:

Work and travel has prevented me from playing as much as I'd like. I've been in the depths twice. Once got the Robbie tutorial, and then messing around near the Great Plateau.

Both times I've had to teleport out. Was there a more organic exit that I missed?

Honestly I usually just teleport out. The Depths are so low that, from my experience, you can’t climb out. Though, depending on position, you might be able to Ascend through the bedrock. Haven’t tried that but it is theoretically possible.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Chieves posted:

There are locations you can ascend straight up to the surface.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Asterite34 posted:

e:

Have you checked the roof?

Ah! Dang bird! Don't know how I missed that while Paragliding over to this stable...

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Chieves posted:

Yes, but the exits are somewhat rare so you might not have stumbled across one.

They’re inverted towers you can ascend through. They generally correspond to mountain peaks on the surface

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I think one of my favorite things is to just stack a ton of springs together to launch myself. It's not much, but it's honest work.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

https://twitter.com/satougashi020/status/1663188948854902784

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Thanks all for the guidance. I'm trying to minimize warping as much as I can so as to diversify the land that I cover. Sounds like I'll try and cheese the lower depths for the most part.

Wandering into the Yiga stuff and lucking into Autobuild was an awesome surprise.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Practical and effective.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

wtf lol

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

You know, earlier this week I fought that same drat Lynel (the first one I ever properly fought and beat either in this game or the previous one), and while it was a sweaty-handed rush to take that fucker down and finally cross that off my videogame bucket list, I feel it would have been equally satisfying to just clown on the thing with an Autobuilt Spank-o-tron.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

the rear end spanker 9000

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

oh I’ve been a naughty Lynel…

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
I've reached Goron village and am about to start looking for the temple.

Does Flamebreaker Armour give you high level heat resistance with just one piece?

Secondly, do I need the whole set for the flame resistance to do this temple, anyway?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

I've reached Goron village and am about to start looking for the temple.

Does Flamebreaker Armour give you high level heat resistance with just one piece?

Secondly, do I need the whole set for the flame resistance to do this temple, anyway?

You need level 2 if my trip there before actually doing it was any indication. So 2/3 pieces or go hunt a lot of fire lizards for elixirs.

Also don’t forget any wood base weapon/shields will burn if you try using them down there.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

You can get away with one piece plus a tonic, IIRC. There's only a small area that needs double fireproofing.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

If you explore the caves below the mountain in the mining field there might be a special treasure that helps with Fire Temple...

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa

Fangz posted:

You can get away with one piece plus a tonic, IIRC. There's only a small area that needs double fireproofing.

That's good. I have a few heat resistant meals. I just don't like feeling like I have a time limit, but if it's only a small section that needs high level, then it sounds like it would be comfortable enough with just one piece of the armour.

Vintersorg posted:

If you explore the caves below the mountain in the mining field there might be a special treasure that helps with Fire Temple...

Mysterious!

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne
There's two bars of fire resistance in the equipment menu, so it seems like you need two pieces.

But I've just tested it and done some dancing around lava in just the fireproof trousers and nothing else (where uneqipping it sets sets temperature gauge alight), so I'm unsure what the second bar of fireproofing actually does.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

You'll be fine with just the chest piece. I didn't get a second fireproof item until after the temple.

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
Thanks, all.

I had the cold proof trousers you get in the tutorial island for the Rito temple, but they only gave low level resistance and I was constantly eating food to bump it to high level. Wasn't too fun having to worry about that all the time instead of just concentrating on the puzzles.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Noonsaliwah posted:

There's two bars of fire resistance in the equipment menu, so it seems like you need two pieces.

But I've just tested it and done some dancing around lava in just the fireproof trousers and nothing else (where uneqipping it sets sets temperature gauge alight), so I'm unsure what the second bar of fireproofing actually does.

There are areas where the lava is extra hot, you see.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Gerudo Fear Me
Zoras Fear Me
Moblins Turn Their Eyes Away From Me
As I Walk No Lynel Dares Make A Sound In My Presence
I Am Alone On This Barren Hyrule

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
I didn't expect my favorite moment in this game would be Khoga can't find good help these days, and Yiga clan OSHA

This, but Zelda:

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
I need to finish hateno stuff for that hat. All my important cut scenes have the glider suit on. I really need to switch to my cooler gear before it happens but I always forget.

I looked like such a bozo with my bird mask during real important or touching moments.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

sonatinas posted:

I need to finish hateno stuff for that hat. All my important cut scenes have the glider suit on. I really need to switch to my cooler gear before it happens but I always forget.

I looked like such a bozo with my bird mask during real important or touching moments.

They ought to call it hateyes village really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

If you've done the water temple already you can bypass that whole requirement by using the sage ability.