Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I hope the new season somehow opens with Dennis being stuck in Ireland because of that exact situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

World Series Defense podcast is pretty good. Lots of discussion on them changing things to not get in trouble with copyrights and brandnames. The "Oliday Inn"

Rob was particularly insightful this episode.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I remember thinking World Series Defense was a weak episode back when I first watched it but on rewatch it's got some great jokes. Dennis getting annoyed at Charlie handing him papers, Mac wanting to climb the sides of buildings and the cut to Mac and Dennis doing push-ups on the courtroom floor are all hilarious.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Super Deuce posted:

Rob was particularly insightful this episode.

most value Rob's brought to the podcast in months

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Literally all the scenes where they're breathing in gas

Why are your eyes all filled with blood?

On account of the poison

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
"Oh poo poo, they're stickers" and the "real home run" mime bit are two of my favorite moments in the entire series.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Gang Wrestles for the Troops podcast is pretty good. Lots of wrestling chat naturally with Roddy Piper.

Also some interesting tidbit with the podcast as they filmed this one the day after memorial day. Always assumed they'd do these things in bulk instead of actually making 1 a week.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I have a hard time watching that episode because of the "he kept calling you the N-word" thing.

Because Roddy Piper actually did that. Like, a lot. To the point that he called the kid who carried his bags for him his N-word.

Which is a shame, because it's one of the best episodes.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

I have a hard time watching that episode because of the "he kept calling you the N-word" thing.

Because Roddy Piper actually did that. Like, a lot. To the point that he called the kid who carried his bags for him his N-word.

Which is a shame, because it's one of the best episodes.

Sounds like they made a well observed joke

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

No Dignity posted:

He's in it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

LividLiquid posted:

He's in it.

No Dignity posted:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It's not a joke when you hire the racist.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

not as bad as when they hired stephen collins to bang baby dudes

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I'm just grateful he didn't paint himself half black again.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I'm just grateful he didn't paint himself half black again.

I didn't know what the gently caress that meant as a kid and as an adult I still don't entirely get it. Like I ASSUME it's racist, but I don't exactly get it.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

not as bad as when they hired stephen collins to bang baby dudes

I mean, why would they write that into the show? It didn't even make sense plot-wise.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

1glitch0 posted:

I didn't know what the gently caress that meant as a kid and as an adult I still don't entirely get it. Like I ASSUME it's racist, but I don't exactly get it.

From what I've read, I think it was supposed to mess with his opponent - Bad News Brown, who is black - both in the storyline and for real. Considering there's a story about how Bad News once stood up to Andre the Giant while he was being a racist idiot, I imagine it was quite effective. Otherwise, I'm just as lost as you are. Piper also referenced painting himself black when he feuded with Mr T a few years earlier. He was a strange man, very entertaining to watch when he was at his peak, but he was definitely weird even by wrestling standards. If anything, I imagine this made the Always Sunny crew more intrigued about working with him.

On that note, is there anyone aside from Stephen Collins who they've categorically refused to work with? They seem game for most things, problematic people or not.

EDIT:

ChesterJT posted:

I mean, why would they write that into the show? It didn't even make sense plot-wise.

I was under the impression that the revelations about Collins hadn't come out yet when they made that joke. If they had, that kind of puts a dampener on what I otherwise think is a funny bit. :(

Hedgehog Pie fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jun 6, 2023

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
The Collins stuff came out many many years later

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea, Collins didn't get outed until 2012-2014. Sometimes comedy shows tell jokes that end up being reality.

Like South Park having Jared Fogel wanting to give kids his aides. Long before he got outed as a pedo.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

From what I've read, I think it was supposed to mess with his opponent - Bad News Brown, who is black - both in the storyline and for real. Considering there's a story about how Bad News once stood up to Andre the Giant while he was being a racist idiot, I imagine it was quite effective. Otherwise, I'm just as lost as you are. Piper also referenced painting himself black when he feuded with Mr T a few years earlier. He was a strange man, very entertaining to watch when he was at his peak, but he was definitely weird even by wrestling standards. If anything, I imagine this made the Always Sunny crew more intrigued about working with him.

On that note, is there anyone aside from Stephen Collins who they've categorically refused to work with? They seem game for most things, problematic people or not.

EDIT:

I was under the impression that the revelations about Collins hadn't come out yet when they made that joke. If they had, that kind of puts a dampener on what I otherwise think is a funny bit. :(

From what I remember, Piper thought Brown was just going through the motions and wasn't pulling his weight in their feud. This wasn't uncommon for Brown so Piper wanted to do something that would get a reaction out of him.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Charlie Days big talk about how you have to make the things you like and maybe people will come around to liking it later feels like it's very much more about his movie than Sunny.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yay for new episodes coming Wednesday night!

"The Gang Inflates"

Dennis and Mac get into inflatable furniture to deal with the economy's inflation, while Dee tries to find a place to crash after being evicted by her greedy landlord and Charlie wants to pitch Frank his crypto/online investment idea.

"Frank Shoots Every Member of the Gang"

After Frank shoots Dennis and Dee, they resolve to take Frank's gun away; Mac and Charlie go on a road trip with their moms to get their inheritances.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

and Charlie wants to pitch Frank his crypto/online investment idea.

Should be pitching it to Mac instead

aka

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The Gang Bangs

Everyone gets flat fringe bangs and spend the episode trying to figure out what to do with it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Khanstant posted:

The Gang Bangs

Everyone gets flat fringe bangs and spend the episode trying to figure out what to do with it.

Who is this vs?

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Cricket after his bangs get him noticed on r/homelessfashion and temporarily famous.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Senor Tron posted:

Charlie Days big talk about how you have to make the things you like and maybe people will come around to liking it later feels like it's very much more about his movie than Sunny.

I'm already on team Pro-Fool's Paradise. Misguided? yes. Maybe too sincere without finding the reason why this is all very funny? yeah, but its got something to it. It's got a good spirit and there's some funny gags through the runtime. Stacking the cast with all your friends is a problem though. So many weirdly casted roles that could've gone to some unknown comedian who would've tried a lot harder than Jason Sudekis sleep walking through a 10 minute bit about an overly rich hollywood big timer yelling at his mexican house maid.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
https://www.facebook.com/alwayssunny/posts/pfbid0yqZbD9RWWcok7mRvbsG5Zdca7b5zKwdwJBW2MVgynNFNzPTSTyjBJa5A24w5CnRel

Am I misunderstanding this or are the two first episodes of the season being released in a few hours?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

yep thats a two episode premiere tonight

that's great art.

The Gang Infaltes
Franks Shoots Every Member of the Gang

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
Any indication that this will be available on iTunes? Or I guess it’s the Apple TV app. I own seasons 1-15 there already. Hopefully not just at the end of the season

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I'm not seeing this for sale on Amazon. I usually get it day of.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I thought I saw it being advertised as Wednesdays at 10 on FXX and next-day on Hulu

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Solid start.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

CPColin posted:

I thought I saw it being advertised as Wednesdays at 10 on FXX and next-day on Hulu

It does, yes. I usually buy it to watch it as soon as possible and because I'll rewatch old seasons every now and again.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

CPColin posted:

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I'm going to have to remember not to check this thread for some time, lol.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

I can't believe I didn't notice they got the same actor who plays Luther to play Donald! Also, that moment was incredible.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Great premiere episodes and holy poo poo I guess their podcast rewatch of the show paid dividends with Charlie’s sisterS(!) out of nowhere. Can’t believe they actually finally followed up on that throw away season one line finally. Also tangentially related, all the room reveals in the first episode. Seems like Charlie still has a few unopened doors to go though.

Edit: it’s funny, going back and watching Charlie Got Molested where the sister line is said, there was actually a set of twins at the intervention, which I guess we can now see are the sisters.

Teek fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jun 8, 2023

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

Teek posted:

Great premiere episodes and holy poo poo I guess their podcast rewatch of the show paid dividends with Charlie’s sisterS(!) out of nowhere. Can’t believe they actually finally followed up on that throw away season one line finally. Also tangentially related, all the room reveals in the first episode. Seems like Charlie still has a few unopened doors to go though.

I haven't watched the episode yet, and I know continuity be damned in a show like this, but when Mac moved in and cleaned up he somehow missed there being a bathroom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
didn't watch yet cause uhm, so maritime re-distribution sites have been slow (it's up now all over the place, for whom it may concern) but I definitely was very curious to see how the podcast will affect the show, I'm actually quite optimistic it will be a very good season due to the podcast and the sort of perspective it gives the gang about the show, so yay.