Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No, wait, better idea!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Joe Fisto posted:

It’s Secret Wars which I can assume will be weird, but it’s still just a rumor

A rumor from a podcast that's known to make bullshit up whole cloth.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Jamesman posted:

Sam Raimi's Man-Thing

No, Ted's sequel should be by the werewolf by night crew

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

site posted:

No, Ted's sequel should be by the werewolf by night crew

Giacchino runs Spooky MCU like Gunn was supposed to run Cosmic MCU.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Opopanax posted:

Give Raimi a Midnight Suns movie

gently caress waiting for the X-Men, give me Illyana and Nico Magic Besties Adventures nowwwww.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Sam raimi’s blade

Zach snyder’s hulk

If only we could have gotten a joel schumacher circa 95’ marvel movie

Martin scorsese’s Daredevil

James camerons spider-man

Quentin tarantino’s luke cage

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 13:09 on May 28, 2023

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Joe Fisto posted:

There's a rumor that Raimi is going to be directing one of the upcoming Avengers movies. I don't believe it, but I want to.

Sam Raimi is my idol and the greatest director of all time for me

I hope to god this is not true.

He won’t be able to be goofy and silly for something so big and bland.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
https://youtu.be/yWQC0sy-rPQ

Behind the scenes video from Karen Gillan.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Don’t give me that hope

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Hah, that Karen Gillan vlog is fun, love the bit where she confesses she learns her lines recording bad impressions of everyone else’s lines and talking to ‘them’ on her phone. Also, the way they hide all that hair is just magic. gently caress all the early mornings and going through all that make up 170+ times though, goddamn.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Sentinel Red posted:

Hah, that Karen Gillan vlog is fun, love the bit where she confesses she learns her lines recording bad impressions of everyone else’s lines and talking to ‘them’ on her phone. Also, the way they hide all that hair is just magic. gently caress all the early mornings and going through all that make up 170+ times though, goddamn.

Might be worth it for a few hundred thousand-to-million dollars. She only earned like $140k for the first one though so shaving was definitely the way to go back then.

I say “only” as though she didn’t make 2.5 times my annual income in a handful of weeks.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
After reading a ton of 90s Batman, I have come to appreciate the Kevlar suit and cape Reeves' batman has.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

We're watching the '95 Mortal Kombat and it still whips rear end, and Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa is so great. It's hilariously bloodless for a MK movie, too

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Opopanax posted:

We're watching the '95 Mortal Kombat and it still whips rear end, and Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa is so great. It's hilariously bloodless for a MK movie, too

Bringing Tagawa back for Shang Tsung in MK11 almost makes up for having Ronda Rousey as Sonya.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
The sequel is better because it establishes that Native American tribes live in Outland and that the way you lose godhood in the MK universe is to cut your hair and take off your hat.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Dawgstar posted:

Bringing Tagawa back for Shang Tsung in MK11 almost makes up for having Ronda Rousey as Sonya.

The level of self-satisfied smugness he brings to the role is nigh unbelievable.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Samovar posted:

The level of self-satisfied smugness he brings to the role is nigh unbelievable.

For real, it was probably the most enjoyable acting performance I saw that year. Especially his faux innocent “I just want to help” act. God, Aftermath was just so much fun.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Finally watched Ant-Man now that it's on D+. It was fine, though I wonder if the Quantum Realm is going to end up the MCU version of the Negative Realm and in 3 or 4 movies well jump back to the super ant colony installing Annihilus as it's new king

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
The Flash director rules out any potential recasting of Ezra Miller.

WB/D are reportedly waiting to see how The Flash performs financially before greenlighting a sequel.

DC's head and the director have both said that Ezra "is well now" and fully committed to recovery.

quote:

Ezra is well now. We’re all hoping that they get better…They’re taking the steps to recovery. They’re dealing with mental health issues, but they’re well. We talked to them not too long ago, and they’re very committed to getting better.

The Production designer said that nobody really knows about Ezra's actions and if they did, then they would forget about them after seeing him in the movie anyway:

quote:

“The Flash” production designer Paul Austerberry said earlier this month that most moviegoers would “forget” Miller’s history by the time the movie opened, thus it wouldn’t be a concern for the movie’s opening.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1663615241291284482

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lol gently caress off

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Fine don't recast.

Just have the next Flash star Wally and say Barry's dead. There.

God, I can't believe all of this is is to protect Ezra Miller. They haven't done anything of note in their acting career and certainly haven't been shown to be like a huge box office draw. Why keep shooting yourself in the foot for some predator?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

If they’re blowing up this current timeline or whatever, what difference would it even make to recast

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Its going to be hard to support Gunn’s DCU if they keep them. (for me anyway)

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Forget their actions? Kindly go gently caress yourself.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Like, with the new creative direction you have the best excuse in the entire world to drop them like a hot potato. Even ignoring all the poo poo they pulled, keeping them on is honestly actively counterproductive because now there's a direct continuity between the old stuff and the new stuff. I really don't understand this unless those jokes about Miller having serious dirt on WB's executives were actually true.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

They aren't saying Ezra is out until the movie comes out.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
"Boy, when you see how good Ezra Miller is as the Flash, you'll completely forget about their numerous crimes"? Go gently caress yourself. Why don't you ask the people Miller's wronged if they've forgotten.

I've seen Ezra play Flash on several separate occasions. I'm not impressed. Maybe I'm crazy, but when it comes to light that an actor in a role I enjoy turns out to be a piece of poo poo, I feel like I can't enjoy that movie or show any more, or at least I feel bad recommending it to anyone.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That still feels like a nothing statement, albeit a lovely tasteless one. The director not currently scheduled to make a sequel says he wouldn't recast Miller in said hypothetical sequel.

I was trying to explain this whole DC situation to someone the other day and the best I could come up with is that no one's actually been fired or anything. Gunn's signaled that there's gonna be a lot of new starts and they're working through all the films that were already in tank in the old era. So now every time an actor or character from the old era comes out a bunch of people give non answers about their future and generic rear end "go see the movie" PR stuff. But no one's actually said whether any of these guys are coming back or not. The closest we have is the decision to do a "younger Superman" which seems as much code for "we want to do Superman stories without the baggage of him being worshipped as a god and dying and being resurrected and prophesied to turn evil and conquer the world".

Its still a tone deaf comment from Muschietti.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

WBD isn't going to announce a flash recasting until the movie comes out. They do not want to undercut any box office that thing will have.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

STAC Goat posted:

That still feels like a nothing statement, albeit a lovely tasteless one. The director not currently scheduled to make a sequel says he wouldn't recast Miller in said hypothetical sequel.

I think that brings up another question: Does a director generally dictate who shows up in his movies? I know that if you are a big director, you can have a lot of say in who shows up in your movies. Tarantino, Scorsese, Spielberg - sure, they can throw their weight around, or put their foot down. But this Muschietti guy, this is his biggest thing to date. And he's not at the level of the guys I mentioned. And isn't casting kind of left up to the casting director? And while the studio is certainly backing Miller at least up to release, since they are the ones funding the project, don't they usually have some say over whether someone is cast in a movie or not?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It probably varies from director to director, studio to studio. and project to project. But yeah Muschietti hardly seems like the deciding voice on this question. Gunn or the studio is and its clear they're just trying to say nothing and not tank any of these zombie films from the last era.

I don't think its the casting director's call though. The casting director is more in charge of organizing the whole affair but the director is still gonna have say over them just as they would over the director of photography or editor or whoever. Some directors might give some of his crew members more autonomy than others. But the casting director probably doesn't make any casting decisions unilaterally. The director, producer, studio, or someone is certainly involved.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 30, 2023

Rental Sting
Aug 14, 2013

it is not the first time I have been racist in the name of my own mistake and sadly probably not the last

Codependent Poster posted:

God, I can't believe all of this is is to protect Ezra Miller. They haven't done anything of note in their acting career and certainly haven't been shown to be like a huge box office draw. Why keep shooting yourself in the foot for some predator?

Miller is actually really good in We Need to Talk About Kevin, in the role of a psychotic school shooter.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rental Sting posted:

Miller is actually really good in We Need to Talk About Kevin, in the role of a psychotic school shooter.

There are a lot of good actors and a lot of them are better than Ezra Miller.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Hey, maybe they're talking about Miller's performance in Fantastic Beasts :shepface:

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Rental Sting posted:

Probably pulling from their history.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I hope Grant Gustin made a lot of money so he never has to deal with DC's bullshit ever again.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

There are supposed to be ads for Across the Spider-Verse with positive pull quotes in them, even ahead of the embargo that lifts tomorrow, but I keep seeing only the ad with quotes from a single Fandango dude which makes it seem as though they could not find anything remotely positive from anyone else, lol

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

There are lot of Spiderdudes in this movie - yelling guy on corner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lobok posted:

There are supposed to be ads for Across the Spider-Verse with positive pull quotes in them, even ahead of the embargo that lifts tomorrow, but I keep seeing only the ad with quotes from a single Fandango dude which makes it seem as though they could not find anything remotely positive from anyone else, lol

I know several people who went to the premiere and they all loved it, but they are also easily pleased types.