Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQYL_88MOe0

:magical:

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-owBhLGaH4

Congrats, Emily.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

It fuckin' sucks that she feels she has to step back from hosting videos to avoid drawing negative attention to LMG. Her stuff is always a highlight there.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
haha I kinda had a feeling this might be a thing. Hi Emily!

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Ayoooo that's awesome. Happy for her.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Shout out to Emily, they were my favorite part of LTT, but I get why they have to/want to step back and I hope we can get back to a place where they’re my favorite part of LTT again

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Arivia posted:

haha I kinda had a feeling this might be a thing. Hi Emily!

I’d assumed they were a furry but this makes sense too.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Emily, MVP!

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

power crystals posted:

It fuckin' sucks that she feels she has to step back from hosting videos to avoid drawing negative attention to LMG. Her stuff is always a highlight there.

she mentioned on twitter she got a ton of love. hopefully she's back hosting soon now that she knows people are being supportive.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
well that's an automatic draft to the culture war if I've ever seen one

happy for her still

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Emily has been a pillar of the LTT community and it’s sad that she thinks the community is so toxic that she needed to hide who she is for so long.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
she's right to think so

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
unsurprisingly her comments are being brigaded now

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
Well that was a wholesome start to my Sunday. Glad to see a ton of support for Emily. :3:

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

A cool little look into case concepting/design.

Those cases at 8:30 and 11:35 just begging to be Noctua'd out.

anakha fucked around with this message at 15:04 on May 28, 2023

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Huge fan of the PC chandelier and also really like the concept of a flatpack case. I also like the idea of inter-company beef between them and Fractal over who came up with the idea of putting wood slats on a case first.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’m pretty sure LGR made a wood grain case years ago

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

He just puts a vinyl woodgrain wrap on them in true 70s style.

Wooden cases and cases with wood accents have come and gone over the years.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

LGR did review a wooden case prebuilt a while back though.

Cronamash
Nov 18, 2019

I wish her the best, these are crazy times.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

njsykora posted:

Huge fan of the PC chandelier and also really like the concept of a flatpack case. I also like the idea of inter-company beef between them and Fractal over who came up with the idea of putting wood slats on a case first.

the formd t1 is a flatpack case

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Steve's thing of Nvidia wants to be Apple continues to make little sense to me, especially since right now that seems to only go as far as they make their own products and something something screw covers. Him going off on a rant about Nvidia using a screw cover (that is easily removed and has a clear point to pry it off for service) making them like Apple feels a lot like someone who hasn't used much non-PC based tech stuff encountering design that's been around for decades. Like Sony hid the screws under pop-out covers on the PS2 and the PS5 has them under the pop-off fins.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

njsykora posted:

Steve's thing of Nvidia wants to be Apple continues to make little sense to me, especially since right now that seems to only go as far as they make their own products and something something screw covers. Him going off on a rant about Nvidia using a screw cover (that is easily removed and has a clear point to pry it off for service) making them like Apple feels a lot like someone who hasn't used much non-PC based tech stuff encountering design that's been around for decades. Like Sony hid the screws under pop-out covers on the PS2 and the PS5 has them under the pop-off fins.

If it's a "Nvidia wants to own the stack top to bottom", there is a core of truth since they want to limit the number of players involved to gain stability and increase profit. If it's a "Nvidia wants to limit repairs" I don't see the point, there is no glue, no activation pairing procedures and no magical tools to rent from nvidia for mainteinance.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

That presentation looked demented though.
Like the sort of thing that you'd have in a anxiety nightmare

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Oh yeah, and seeing people like HUB say the AI stuff was convincing is making me feel like I’m having a stroke.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
not impressed by Jensen's pitch

it's been done before

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

njsykora posted:

Oh yeah, and seeing people like HUB say the AI stuff was convincing is making me feel like I’m having a stroke.

What did it convince them of?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

What did it convince them of?

That they were smelling burnt toast.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

RIP

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

He would have taken care of it. Should have trusted him, bro.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Its just a special edition, email him and you'll get a limited edition t-shirt to go with it.

(I don't remember if it was Linus who did the merch gacha where they'd send out random special editions).

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That’s the special edition featuring……….Tetris pieces?

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVpO4Owmgko

Easily some of the coolest products being shown at computex. That passively water-cooled case is conceptually really interesting, and it seems quite effective considering it's cooling 650W of heat. The e-ink VU meters are a super cool idea too.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Arivia posted:

That they were smelling burnt toast.

oh did they also get the iot touchscreen toaster

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

This is worth way more now. Probably. Sadly.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Didn't this thing use to have carabiner zipper pulls?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

accidentally got sent an Australian model

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
I worship the ground NinjaPablo walks on

Combat Pretzel posted:

Didn't this thing use to have carabiner zipper pulls?

I thought it was the first batches had the cheap pulls, so they (LMG) made up the carabiner and kit to swap it to those, but the latest batches have a better pull on them from the factory.

Seeing that backpack reminds me of the Grand Wagoneer. The first run of them, the lettering on the back had a few letters that were off, both in plane and rotation. Funny, but not something one would expect in a $90k vehicle.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I actually have one from one of the initial batches and if you're using the carabiner for anything other than making it slightly more difficult for somebody to fiddle with your zips you're probably a bit of a prat. It doesn't feel delicate, but it's definitely not sturdy enough to handle any meaningful load. Linus was just a tremendous clown to not offer a properly codified warranty that told people, 'hey, if you use this tiny little clip to go abseiling then that's on you.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Aren't the carabiners only on the main big zipper?