Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Lol replace the puffin emblem with that sweating sun jerking off a thermometer

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

This is the ideology I crave

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Lol replace the puffin emblem with that sweating sun jerking off a thermometer

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

:eyepop:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

lmfao

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

:coronatoot:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

hahaha

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

see yeah this is grim as hell

Isn’t the ocean basically a big heat sink? If it’s heating rapidly that probably means really bad things for us

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Ruggan posted:

see yeah this is grim as hell

Isn’t the ocean basically a big heat sink? If it’s heating rapidly that probably means really bad things for us

Uh excuse me. You’re just a big ol dummy and will live to your 80’s you ignorant fool. Blithering idiot. Numbskull.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
ayup there's your problem; sink's clogged

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

it does explain all those crazy typhoons which is kind of cool

I wonder how hot they have to be to support permanent storms. at least I know whatever the answer is I will find out sooner than I expect

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Lol if this is the year a few trillion tons of methane from Greenland’s glaciers are released.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

lol

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

i just turned on my faucet and it's cold tho

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

actionjackson posted:

i just turned on my faucet and it's cold tho

There’s AC in my apartment, how can the outside be hot???

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

You know, the rate at which the ocean heats up will decrease as it gets hotter until it eventually stops when it reaches equilibrium with atmospheric temperatures .

Seems like a self correcting problem to me.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Now this is why I don't get excited when rich techbros start hand-wringing about AI exterminating humanity.

And this is why I can :lol: about it.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

hmm weird all the ocean water is incredibly warm. so weird. why could that be happening?

ocean water has been hotter and it will get colder

checkmate

OIL PANIC
Dec 22, 2022

CAUTIONS
4. ... (If the battery is exhausted, the display of the liquid crystal will become vague and difficult to look at.)
7. Do not use volatile oils such as thinner or benzine and alcohol for wiping.

Tungsten posted:

what if one auto-immolated in front of the supreme court, surely the media and public couldn't ignore that
somebody already did that? glad i didnt bother...

Bob Ross Nuke Test
Jul 12, 2016

by Games Forum
I went off grid for a few days for a work retreat and when I came back the radio news was all:

- Massive unprecedented wildfires in the Canadian maritimes.
- Unprecedented drought and heat in Europe leading to the worst crops in decades.
- Warming waters in the pacific flummoxing scientists.
- War in Kosovo like it’s 1999.
And to top it all off:
- Breathless Silicon Valley types pretending AI is an “extinction level” event for humanity to pump their stock valuations.

Highly recommend getting away from any media inputs for 3-5 days to detox from exposure and level out your perception, you’ll come back and the first few hours will convince you we’re past living on borrowed time and into full breakdown.

OIL PANIC
Dec 22, 2022

CAUTIONS
4. ... (If the battery is exhausted, the display of the liquid crystal will become vague and difficult to look at.)
7. Do not use volatile oils such as thinner or benzine and alcohol for wiping.
its just meltdown may, dont worry about it. things'll be fine come june

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Mayor Dave posted:

thanks to climate change meltdown may now lasts into July

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Last time I went swimming in the ocean it was too cold, frankly the pacific could use a little warming

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

Lol if this is the year a few trillion tons of methane from Greenland’s glaciers are released.

its ok ill just hold in my farts

err
Apr 11, 2005

remembe rwhen 1800 people died in the PNW heatwave and it set canada's all time heat record + 1 billion sea animals dead

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

err posted:

remembe rwhen 1800 people died in the PNW heatwave and it set canada's all time heat record + 1 billion sea animals dead

:( all my apple trees died too and my soil literally went hydrophobic because I wasn't vigilant about watering it enough.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

anyone know the amount of energy AI/chat gpt is using?

The NPC
Nov 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/RachunZero/status/1663737470566146048

lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

sounds good OP. i'm going to italy and baja california this summer, so i want warm oceans to swim in. who da gently caress wants a cold ocean???? not me.

this is good for tourism

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Just a Moron posted:

You know, the rate at which the ocean heats up will decrease as it gets hotter until it eventually stops when it reaches equilibrium with atmospheric temperatures .

Seems like a self correcting problem to me.

slow roasting the ocean at 225 degrees until the meat falls off the bone

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
baby, you've got a stew going

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Thinkin bout the first chapter of Ministry for the Future. Human stew.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

the economists will save us

Hubbert has issued a correction as of 04:12 on May 31, 2023

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

Laterite posted:

baby, you've got a stew going

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

silicone thrills posted:

:( all my apple trees died too and my soil literally went hydrophobic because I wasn't vigilant about watering it enough.

Fortunately through the magic of the Internet experienced desert gardeners were able to give us valuable tips like adding a couple of drops of dish detergent to the watering can to break surface tension and allow the water to soak in. Because we need to know things like this now on the Wet Coast.

Pulled the mulch off some of my beds so they'd warm up after the late cold spring. Wasn't quick enough to put it back and now some spots are going hydrophobic again. :owned:

Adaptation is going to be tricky.

Xaris posted:

sounds good OP. i'm going to italy and baja california this summer, so i want warm oceans to swim in. who da gently caress wants a cold ocean???? not me.

this is good for tourism

Careful, things might get warm enough to reduce sperm production. This might or might not be a problem, depending on whether you own a pair of testicles or your attitude towards their function.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

err
Apr 11, 2005

silicone thrills posted:

my parents have a few acres of wild grass they cut in juneish for a firebreak. one of the fires was so big they called in a VLAT for the first time west of the cascade mountains in 2017.