Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Guessing those same ~practical~ truckfucklers are also all-in on the Cybertruck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Data Graham posted:

Guessing those same ~practical~ truckfucklers are also all-in on the Cybertruck

I very much doubt that, can't roll coal to own the libs in a cybertrk

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I've just realised the perfect truck is actually the Honda Goldwing :v:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
My car has a flat tire. At least it's in my garage instead of the side of the road somewhere.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Paging Phat Albert Jim Silly-Balls Beve Stuscemi to the Terrible Car Stuff thread

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
The kei is rated for 1,650 pounds. The Silverado is available with 2,200 pound capacity (and it cost 50x the kei truck). This small JDM Toyota has a bed load rating of 3,300 pounds and it’s much smaller than a new Tacoma (but has a 9 foot bed)

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

My car has a flat tire. At least it's in my garage instead of the side of the road somewhere.

These tires aren't flat, but they were about to strand me just the same. 2012 date code on em. The car was free, though.

Luckily, my fly-n-buy from Ohio to Georgia also included picking up a cheap pair of alloy wheels (to complete the partial set I've already got) so I had more than one spare on hand. The 2nd tire didn't come apart until just after Dayton OH, and I tip-toed the rest of the way to Atlanta with the cruise set at a hard 60mph. Made it in at like 4am.

Cruising at 5-10mph under the speed limit is kind of zen. You're never jockeying for position, you're never stuck behind anybody. Semi trucks complete their passes in seconds instead of minutes. Nobody sticks around in your blind spot, but a surprising amount of people will sit behind you with their adaptive cruise control set, happy to pace you for miles and miles.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Still hard to believe it's actually legal to sell this piece of poo poo to drive on a public road

it's probably not, and I can guarantee that it will never ever get EU approval.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

NoWake posted:

Cruising at 5-10mph under the speed limit is kind of zen. You're never jockeying for position, you're never stuck behind anybody. Semi trucks complete their passes in seconds instead of minutes. Nobody sticks around in your blind spot, but a surprising amount of people will sit behind you with their adaptive cruise control set, happy to pace you for miles and miles.

I drove from NJ to California doing 5 under the whole way and you’re totally right. Just riding in the right lane the whole time is nice and chill and no one is honking at you cause you’re where you’re supposed to be.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

everdave posted:

The kei is rated for 1,650 pounds. The Silverado is available with 2,200 pound capacity (and it cost 50x the kei truck). This small JDM Toyota has a bed load rating of 3,300 pounds and it’s much smaller than a new Tacoma (but has a 9 foot bed)

You can get a VW Crafter with a load rating of 6600 lbs with a 2 liter turbodiesel. I need muh vee eight motor to be able to take these 3 bags of topsoil home from the store!!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

everdave posted:

But if you look carefully, the bed is dirty and scratched up :cry:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

NoWake posted:

These tires aren't flat, but they were about to strand me just the same. 2012 date code on em. The car was free, though.

Luckily, my fly-n-buy from Ohio to Georgia also included picking up a cheap pair of alloy wheels (to complete the partial set I've already got) so I had more than one spare on hand. The 2nd tire didn't come apart until just after Dayton OH, and I tip-toed the rest of the way to Atlanta with the cruise set at a hard 60mph. Made it in at like 4am.

I wouldn't call it zen, but it is strangely relaxing to have most drivers actively avoid you, and very funny to lead a line of cars happy to cruise slowly down the road

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

everdave posted:

An actual truck to do work stuff with!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I cannot persuade either my wife or my son that driving on freeways at 60-65-MPH in the Econoline is actually pleasant (though not quite Zen until I get the steering tightened up: needs a drag link & tie rod ends) for all of the reasons you list.

Much better than regular roads, where who knows what fuckery will materialize directly in front of you.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

everdave posted:

One of those with 4WD and a turbodiesel and you've got me all hot and bothered.

And then cold and bothered when it breaks down in the middle of the winter on the side of the road and the nearest parts are in some warehouse in LA if I'm lucky.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

22 Eargesplitten posted:

One of those with 4WD and a turbodiesel and you've got me all hot and bothered.

And then cold and bothered when it breaks down in the middle of the winter on the side of the road and the nearest parts are in some warehouse in LA if I'm lucky.

the shipping times for parts from japan isn't any longer then getting them off amazon. Hell you can find most parts on amazon.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

i get the feeling that the forum administration got kind of upset about the number of image probes coming from this thread.

I posted the dick dyno and ruined it for everyone and I will never apologize for this

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Olympic Mathlete posted:

:haibrower:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

everdave posted:

I doubt I'll fit in a kei truck, but I'd love one of those Toyoaces eventually.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Darchangel posted:

I doubt I'll fit in a kei truck, but I'd love one of those Toyoaces eventually.

Don't forget about Isuzu. They don't sell the little guys here but they do have the class 3 ones.
https://www.isuzutruck.ca/en/nseries/nseries_gas

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:allears: hell yeah

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Don’t forget about Nissan either TD 2.7 and only 4400 bed load rating

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Had to get the car towed to a local tire shop this morning. As the tow truck was on the highway we were passed by an aggressive dickhead in a lifted truck with the usual angry white male bullshit stickers all over the cab rear window and a giant ocean liner-looking smoke stack rising out of the bed. I told the tow truck driver he probably felt intimidated by someone driving a truck obviously being used for work and not mall crawling. Also I said the dude had a small dick.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Scratch Monkey posted:

Saw on Vice Grip Garage in a Holley EFI installation manual

I feel like maybe they've, uh, experienced these in troubleshooting. I appreciate the writers going with plain language. especially "this!"

Edit:

McTinkerson posted:

Don't forget about Isuzu. They don't sell the little guys here but they do have the class 3 ones.
https://www.isuzutruck.ca/en/nseries/nseries_gas

Oh, yeah, I've always had an eye on the Isuzu NPR. Especially after I found out it could be had with a Vortec/LSx gasser V8...
I like the Toyoace for being quite a bit smaller, with an available small 4-cylinder gasser. I'm not against diesel, particularly in actual *work* trucks, but I prefer guzzoline. Also, LSx V8 noises coming from a flatbed truck would be awesome, in the case of the NPR.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 30, 2023

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Found this on the Big Altima Energy facebook group:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

wesleywillis posted:

Found this on the Big Altima Energy facebook group:

I can hear the Just Rolled In guy's voice reading this.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Should have charged them an extra $4 to give them a nice $69.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Coulda charged another 10-quid for a nitrile glove. gently caress off with your 'hygiene concern,' it would have made a better impression if you had retrieved said sex toy and left it on the dash.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

PainterofCrap posted:

Coulda charged another 10-quid for a nitrile glove. gently caress off with your 'hygiene concern,' it would have made a better impression if you had retrieved said sex toy and left it on the dash.

Pretty sure people are allowed to not want to touch sex toys at work.

You loving weirdo.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Jonny Nox posted:

Pretty sure people are allowed to not want to touch sex toys at work.

never worked in a shop eh?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Would you rather glove up and undildo a seat rail for 20 seconds or change diff oil that hasn't been touched in 100k miles?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Diff oil 10/10 times.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

do i get to keep the dildo

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Only if you coat it in diff oil first

used diff oil

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
I'm not going to work my dipstick with used oil geeez

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

everdave posted:

Man I want this. This owns so hard

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I love that they had to pay to be told there's a dildo blocking the seat from moving and you need to remove it your drat self :v:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

"Jammed in the rails that the seat slides on" makes me think thats not a tech note.

"Jammed in the Seat rails" would be sufficient :colbert:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

TheBacon posted:

Man I want this. This owns so hard

I too love cabover trucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I've been struggling to convince myself that importing/buying an imported Toyoace is a bad decision since yesterday, thanks thread. It helps that the only one I found on tc-v that was 4x4 was also a naturally aspirated diesel, which I didn't realize anyone even made in '97.

Do those things get crash tested anywhere? I assume that Japan has a crash testing agency but I can't dig it up on Google. Maybe I need to VPN to Japan to get localized results? A friend of mine that used to drive a NPR box truck for work is telling me they are horribly unsafe and uncomfortable. Basically the brain wants a Tundra, the heart wants a Toyoace.