Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

His videos are probably some of the better Lego reviews but yeah I hate that he does the surprise face thumbnails now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Aye Doc posted:

big pile of lego turds

new thread title pls

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

His videos are probably some of the better Lego reviews but yeah I hate that he does the surprise face thumbnails now.

The algorithm really likes poggers face thumbnails for some reason so a lot of youtubers feel compelled to do it.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life

GlenMR posted:

Probably at the point where I have to do something about all of these.

The largest stack collapsed 2 minutes after this photo was taken.

A friend linked me to this system and it's something I've thought about : https://brickset.com/article/52024/storage-solutions-bedevere
Comic book backers + sleeves in a bankers style box

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
Oh that makes a ton of sense. Thanks!

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I recently picked up the McLaren speed champions double pack, and the build techniques on the Solus GT are crazy even by speed champions standards. It's nine studs wide rather than the default eight, and besides the whole chassis being built from the ground up there's just so many cool new tricks in the thing.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prTvoUht-aA

Went from don't want to I think I will pick up on sale somewhere someday. Looks really good.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

The little mini diorama thing really feels tacked on though.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't really want that set, but the mechanism is a lot more impressive than I was expecting.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
holy crap that looks amazing

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

smackfu posted:

It's also something that will resale for 50 at least

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Are those level tiles printed or black stickers on blue tiles? This thing has a lot of HUGE stickers and that seems stressful. Luckily this doesn't seem like the kind of set parents would get for a kid, because that would be a nightmare.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The black on blue is printed. IIRC, the stickers mostly all bigger things like labels and such. Smaller ones are probably used on the mini arcade build and the score display.

Veotax fucked around with this message at 21:32 on May 29, 2023

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Those tiles are going to be desirable then, they look really nice.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Veotax posted:

The black on blue is printed. IIRC, the stickers mostly all bigger things like labels and such. Smaller ones are probably used on the mini arcade build and the score display.

When do you guys find out the upcoming promos? And is it possible for you to update the thread when you get confirmation on them?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

smackfu posted:

its really egregious once you realize they set the price first and then design the set. so the dioramas and other addons are purely there to fill out the price tag

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

like at least the tv that came along with the nes was pretty sick and made sense. its funny that the nes itself almost feels tacked onto a crt tv set instead of the other way around

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

When do you guys find out the upcoming promos? And is it possible for you to update the thread when you get confirmation on them?

We're told about GWPs and promos for the month ahead, and get told about the next month a few weeks in advance (so I all the stuff coming for June, but gently caress all for July), but I'm not allowed to talk about stuff like that. Since the company stopped putting out the calendars saying about what promos are happening when to the public, I'm not supposed to talk about it.

Same for sets that haven't been announced yet, we aren't told about them any earlier than you guys, usually, but if you know how to work the system you can find stuff. But I'm obviously not allowed to talk about unannounced stuff, so I keep that to myself.
Leaks too, even if everyone is openly discussing leaks, I'm not allowed to comment on it, even if it's obviously real.

I know there's probably very little chance of anything I say here being linked back to me in real life, but I really like this job, so I ain't doing poo poo to put it at risk.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I wonder how those 1x1 printed tiles with the characters are attached to the snaking chains

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

deoju posted:

I wonder how those 1x1 printed tiles with the characters are attached to the snaking chains

There's a new piece: a chain link with a rod

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Oh, that's interesting. We'll have to wait and see what other uses they might come up with for it.

Edit: If anybody else is interested, you can see it in the shot of the extra pieces at 2:25. Link is to that time stamp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prTvoUht-aA&t=145s

deoju fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 29, 2023

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

HootTheOwl posted:

There's a new piece: a chain link with a rod

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It’s too expensive and the build looks tedious, but watching that review also makes the final product look really cool in terms of function. I have neither nostalgia for Pac-Man or even the space for something that big, so it’s still an easy pass.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Ok I'll buy it

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
It's not fair to compare in new piece that has unique mechanical functions to Malibu Stacy's hat. All of us AFOLS are far too mature to be taken in by such a juvenile gimmick.

Anyway, did you guys see the new Ninjago City set? That flushing toilet is pretty cool, huh?

deoju fucked around with this message at 06:02 on May 30, 2023

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

You can use Lego people poop in your DOTS designs.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

trevorreznik posted:

I feel like that mustang is a bit too thick in the middle , like one plate too low? I dunno how to describe it
Revisiting this, I re-shot the Mustang on a black background and the shadows definitely help me visually cheat and make the car feel A LITTLE less tall.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Carbohydrates posted:

Revisiting this, I re-shot the Mustang on a black background and the shadows definitely help me visually cheat and make the car feel A LITTLE less tall.

Now do a cars and coffee model where it's wrapped around a telephone pole while leaving the parking lot

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Flyinglemur posted:

Now do a cars and coffee model where it's wrapped around a telephone pole while leaving the parking lot

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Waltzing Along posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prTvoUht-aA

Went from don't want to I think I will pick up on sale somewhere someday. Looks really good.

Yeah this jumped way up on my “want it” list. I have no idea where I’ll put it, but I’ll figure something out.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Definitely up more on my list too. Although I’m aiming to get Rivendell during this upcoming rumored double vip point weekend, so that’ll be my next big set I think

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I like it but I don't like Pac Man so vOv

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Watch someone mod the Pac-man set to become an actual tabletop arcade machine.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Oh poo poo, I might need to grab that pickup.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-147169/CreationCaravan%20%28Brad%20Barber%29/mercedes-300-sl/#details

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
drat what a difference from the source kit!

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Looks like the Lego stores in my area may have gotten a restock of the Executor. It’s showing up as in stock at all the local stores in the Chicago area. It’s too bad I can’t get to my local store until tomorrow. But if it is still available, a little road trip might be in order.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Working on a version of my local(ish) railway station (Burwood in Sydney). It's relatively unusual in that the station is built inside an overpass/bridge in the middle of a busy shopping area which makes it perfect for a modular street. Once I'm satisfied with it I'm going to start hitting up Bricklink.

I'm really happy with the ticket gates. They are just red 2x2 triangular tiles mounted on a snot brick but the effect works really well.

It's a tight squeeze on the platform though (I've already cheated slightly and move the tracks out a bit) and I'm not sure if I'd be better off going back to one railway line with a bigger platform and a large glass skylight to the concourse.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/19b8b790-3370-4983-9664-4b5904e78aab

Ideas Winners: Jaws (slightly surprised) and cat (duh)

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Well I gotta get jaws for my kid if they don't screw it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I reckon if the cat does well they'll start putting out a lot more like that. Especially since one of their new designers is really good at detailed animals.