Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

*looks at Superior Spider-Man* I mean....

Starsnostars posted:

Or Infamous Iron Man...

I loving hate Superior Spider-Man because he's stealing Peter's life, he got better because it's comic books but the first act is murdering Peter Parker and stealing his identity. Infamous Iron-Man is great because it's Doom trying to be good while paying tribute to someone he apparently respected without stealing their life. I think if Bendis hadn't left Marvel to write Superman comics Infamous Iron Man would have had a pretty long run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Superior is an absolute loving mess outside of the memes.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The meme of "people liked the comic"?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Literally everybody outside of Slott did Superior Spider-Man better when they wrote him.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Honestly the stuff that works for superior is the stuff that has nothing to do with Spider-Man.

It’s a doc Ock story but spider man is there to get people to buy the book

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Gologle posted:

Literally everybody outside of Slott did Superior Spider-Man better when they wrote him.
I sometimes smile and think of Superior Spider-Man stealing lunches from other heroes in the Avengers communal fridge, like the worst coworker ever.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Re: Ock The Fridge Monster. They probably should have had a psychic on what was supposedly the most powerful Avengers team / machine assembled of all time.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/parkerlucks/status/1663553911901544451?s=20

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean I don’t get the argument they made her a reporter just to tie her more into the plot and give her those sneaking missions people apparently hate

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Mary Jane should get a job in construction to funnel money towards herself from all of Spider-Man's destruction.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Speaking of Superior Spider-Man

https://twitter.com/wsj_manga/status/1663422036927021057?s=46&t=X6-Ut4Z5gjBZ_q10eeG_mg

The duo making this made My Hero Academia: Vigilantes which was really good so there’s some potential here.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

thetoughestbean posted:

https://twitter.com/wsj_manga/status/1663422036927021057?s=46&t=X6-Ut4Z5gjBZ_q10eeG_mg

The duo making this made My Hero Academia: Vigilantes which was really good so there’s some potential here.

Yeah they seem uniquely suited to a good Spider-man comic, they really nailed that street level kind of heroics with the CrullerCrawler.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
There are only maybe 5 jobs a woman in a comic can have, model/actress, reporter, cop/military, business person and scientist.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

To be fair, that is also most of the job guys have

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Joe Fisto posted:

There are only maybe 5 jobs a woman in a comic can have, model/actress, reporter, cop/military, business person and scientist.

I will not stand for this Claremont erasure, they can also pilot various vehicles.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Joe Fisto posted:

Is goddess a job?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rochallor posted:

I will not stand for this Claremont erasure, they can also pilot various vehicles.

And teach dance!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

and be nurses who get turned into sexy native americans

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Having tentacle arms seems like less an occupation than a vocation, I guess.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Wasn’t Lee forester a boat captain?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wasn’t Lee forester a boat captain?

counts as the pilot category

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be fair, that is also most of the job guys have

Aside from Wonderman there aren't really any male models/actors in comics either.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Dawgstar posted:

And teach dance!

The X-men by themselves skew superhero profession rankings a lot, every drat one of them and a bunch of random heroes they know have been a teacher for at least a couple weeks.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Air Skwirl posted:

Aside from Wonderman there aren't really any male models/actors in comics either.

i bet the x-men swimsuit special was actually an in universe magazine

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Air Skwirl posted:

surely Johnny Storm has dabbled

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

And teach dance!

That falls under model/actress

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gripweed posted:

surely Johnny Storm has dabbled

in 616 he went to college and was roommates with a fictional grandson of Jim Thorpe, then was a racecar driver (that might have been a hobby, I don't remember if he actually did professional races) then much later Sue made him CEO of the F4 corporation in a (futile) attempt to make him grow up, and most recently he was a cashier at "Not Wallmart" I will admit to a huge gap in my F4 knowledge between the end of the Lee/Kirby run that ended in the early 70s and the Waid run that started in 2002, so maybe he did that in the middle.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

johnny storm is a singer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38VBv0ZenZU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Next Parker dayjob is system admin and he keeps getting calls during crime fighting asking him to reset their password and the boss keeps scheduling him for 8:35 AM meetings at 11:00 PM at night.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Based on video evidence, he clearly isn't.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It is kind of funny Peter Parker is now just Homer Simpson but not funny at all

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Endless Mike posted:

That falls under model/actress

No, Stevie taught ballet. That's 'athlete' if it's anything.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean I don’t get the argument they made her a reporter just to tie her more into the plot and give her those sneaking missions people apparently hate

I enjoyed the last sneaking mission where she just targets people while the various other mooks are looking away and then Spider-Man just swings out and yanks them away like he's Batman.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

MJ in the PS4 Spider-Man was also great once she got a tazer, which I think is just something every 20 something female reporter in New York would already have.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
If I had a magic spell that let me Summon Spider-Man I'd spam that poo poo too.

radlum
May 13, 2013
So…ASM 26 was just a bad comic. I can’t trust the opinion on Spider-Man from anyone who has been enjoying this arc.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

thetoughestbean posted:

The Superior-er Spider-Man

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

radlum posted:

So…ASM 26 was just a bad comic. I can’t trust the opinion on Spider-Man from anyone who has been enjoying this arc.

Yeah it stunk. The whole arc was bad. They fumbled this pretty badly and the letters page was eye rolling.

"Ms. Marvel is popular and is one of the best and brightest characters we have, so we killed her!"

Just stupid all around.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Although I saw the page where everyone reacts to Ms. Marvel dead and it’s great.

Just mild disappointment except Norman who is horrified

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Also hope you like that Paul mystery because even with the info in this comic it’s still going for another year baby